Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 11-12-2017, 10:32 PM   #41
Mack_JB

Default Re: Ogre Miniatures Series 1 delivery thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
FedEx said they were delivering yesterday - after all was said and done - but the driver literally just drove by my building and marked the delivery as failed. When I called them to complain, the "customer advocate" started arguing with me. Now they're saying delivery is back to Tuesday.
Not to make light of the situation, but FedEx is not delivering these. FedEx Smartpost is.

FedEx gets it to the main hub in your area, then hands it off to the USPS, who do the actual delivery. Watch for your mailman instead.

At least, that's how mine are being shipped.
Mack_JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:57 PM   #42
ColBosch

Thank you, Steve. It's been a very difficult year. And no, FedEx made no excuses.

And Mack_JB, while this is SmartPost, there's a note in the tracking info saying "Delivery scheduled via FedEx Home Delivery, not US Postal Service." It went on to show this was sent out for delivery on an actual FedEx truck. If it had transferred to USPS, I would've gotten the package. My mailman calls me when he has a big shipment for me.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:36 AM   #43
Thirdpower

I had similar issues w/ FedEx a bit back. A driver refused to come up my driveway. Now for full disclosure, the driveway at the time was in very bad condition. Instead of leaving a note in the mailbox, however, which I would have totally understood, he started leaving my packages on top of the trash dumpster and marking it 'delivered front door'. I made several complaints and then sent in photos. No problems after that.

Update shows 'left Indianapolis' Sat morning w/ a delivery date of Thurs. Indy is about 2.5 hrs away from my home.

Quote:
FedEx said they were delivering yesterday - after all was said and done - but the driver literally just drove by my building and marked the delivery as failed. When I called them to complain, the "customer advocate" started arguing with me. Now they're saying delivery is back to Tuesday.

Worse yet, my fiancee - who is currently laid up at her apartment with a serious concussion - is telling me that several shipments she had going to my place were marked as "undeliverable" by FedEx and returned to the shippers. Meanwhile, USPS and UPS seem to have no trouble ringing my doorbell.

Given the choice, I will not be using FedEx again. Since SJ Games uses them for Kickstarter fulfillment, I am going to have to think long and hard before supporting tomorrow's campaign.

Last edited by Thirdpower; 11-13-2017 at 07:43 AM.
Thirdpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:13 AM   #44
offsides

Quote:

Worse yet, my fiancee - who is currently laid up at her apartment with a serious concussion - is telling me that several shipments she had going to my place were marked as "undeliverable" by FedEx and returned to the shippers. Meanwhile, USPS and UPS seem to have no trouble ringing my doorbell..
I had similar problems at a former apartment of mine. You need to "eat your way up the food chain" until you find someone who will help you. Start with the regular customer line and ask for a supervisor. If that doesn't work, I usually look up the corporate office phone number and ask to speak to the "Corporate Ombudsman" - if they don't know what you mean, it's the complaint department. Most of the time I've had very good luck finding someone whose job it is to protect the company from customers who have a legitimate complaint and aren't being helped at a lower level, including once having a VP call me back and handle things personally (granted, that was a corporate-level complaint, not just me personally, but still...).

Good luck, and I don't blame you for being unhappy with FedEx right now...
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:26 AM   #45
Misplaced Buckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by offsides View Post
I had similar problems at a former apartment of mine. You need to "eat your way up the food chain" until you find someone who will help you. Start with the regular customer line and ask for a supervisor. If that doesn't work, I usually look up the corporate office phone number and ask to speak to the "Corporate Ombudsman" - if they don't know what you mean, it's the complaint department. Most of the time I've had very good luck finding someone whose job it is to protect the company from customers who have a legitimate complaint and aren't being helped at a lower level, including once having a VP call me back and handle things personally (granted, that was a corporate-level complaint, not just me personally, but still...).

Good luck, and I don't blame you for being unhappy with FedEx right now...
This is strange. In Michigan FEd Ex is handing my delivery off to the USPS. Supposed to be at the house when I get home.
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:50 AM   #46
Mack_JB

That is strange in that FedEx Smartpost is supposed to work where FedEx does the long distance, and hands off to the USPS for the short end run.

My Backerkit just updated with delivery today, instead of tomorrow!
Mack_JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:06 AM   #47
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping

Mine were just delivered. Huzzah!

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:44 AM   #48
offsides

And mine just updated BACK to being delivered on Wednesday, the original delivery date. What's really weird is that they sent it from Martinsburg, WV to Brenigsville, PA, a distance of 165 miles, and it took 54 hours to do it (5am Saturday to 11am today), and sending it there means it will have to travel further from there to get to me than it would have if they had sent it to the Philly area directly. It's almost as if the package itself was taking a Drunkard's Walk...
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:45 AM   #49
ColBosch

Latest update: per the tracking page, "No scheduled delivery date available at this time."
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:30 PM   #50
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
Mine were just delivered. Huzzah!
And Set 2 has launched:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...niatures-set-2
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote