Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Notices

Old 12-19-2016, 12:36 AM   #21
Phil Masters

Default Re: Discworld/Mars Attacks in PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
The physical books have already been released to the distribution network. They're either on their way or already arrived at bookstores.
I'm still waiting for someone to report the latter. Nor do Amazon (UK or US) seem to have the book yet, last I looked. The distributors are either seasonally busy or a bit laid-back, it appears.
Discworld Roleplaying Game author, Transhuman Space Line Editor.
My Home Page.
Phil Masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 02:23 AM   #22
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Masters View Post
I'm still waiting for someone to report the latter. Nor do Amazon (UK or US) seem to have the book yet, last I looked. The distributors are either seasonally busy or a bit laid-back, it appears.
The Discworld RPG started shipping to distributors on December 5. It typically takes about two weeks from that date for it to start appearing on store shelves, which takes us to . . . today. And yes, there's a chance holiday shipping and a fairly nasty bit of weather over the last week have delayed things for some of those shipments.

Twitter: @SJGames || Facebook: SJ Games and Munchkin || Medium: @SJGames
Instagram: @stevejacksongames || YouTube: Steve Jackson Games

New Munchkin player? Visit our Munchkin 101 forum!
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 03:07 AM   #23
philreed
Chief Executive Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
The Discworld RPG started shipping to distributors on December 5. It typically takes about two weeks from that date for it to start appearing on store shelves, which takes us to . . . today. And yes, there's a chance holiday shipping and a fairly nasty bit of weather over the last week have delayed things for some of those shipments.
Also, it is unlikely that Amazon will have the book quickly. Amazon doesn't receive and release most smaller titles as quickly as local stores. If it's the latest Star Wars game then sure, but our games rarely hit Amazon at the same time that they reach local game stores.

Official street date should be this Wednesday, assuming weather hasn't delayed some deliveries.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 03:09 AM   #24
philreed
Chief Executive Officer

Quote:
The distributors are either seasonally busy or a bit laid-back, it appears.
Also, only those stores that placed pre-orders will have books in this first wave. Retailers that didn't pre-order (Amazon) will have to bring in the books through their usual ordering process.

Pre-orders are more important than ever today. With the flood of games, it is easy for a title to be overlooked completely and quickly dropped by distributors. Pre-orders help build the initial sales spike that helps a game crawl out of the glut.
Old 12-19-2016, 06:24 AM   #25
Redfrost

I have mine on pre-order through the local store in Canada and they have not arrived. I will call them in the morning to confirm this but I have not gotten a phone call.
Redfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 08:14 AM   #26
philreed
Chief Executive Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrost View Post
I have mine on pre-order through the local store in Canada and they have not arrived. I will call them in the morning to confirm this but I have not gotten a phone call.
Street date should be the 21st. So: If the store tells you it is available today then please let us know.
Old 12-19-2016, 08:40 AM   #27
Phil Masters

That kind of contradicts what Andrew just said. But I hope that SJ Games wouldn't object to a store getting a big new swooshy product onto the shelf sooner rather than later - especially when there'll be Christmas shoppers passing through, looking for last-minute presents.
Discworld Roleplaying Game author, Transhuman Space Line Editor.
My Home Page.
Phil Masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:09 AM   #28
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
That kind of contradicts what Andrew just said.
I wasn't aware there was a definite street date, so Phil's information is more accurate than mine. I apologize for any confusion I caused.

Twitter: @SJGames || Facebook: SJ Games and Munchkin || Medium: @SJGames
Instagram: @stevejacksongames || YouTube: Steve Jackson Games

New Munchkin player? Visit our Munchkin 101 forum!
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:09 AM   #29
Redfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
Street date should be the 21st. So: If the store tells you it is available today then please let us know.
Store opens in 30mins I am calling to confirm because I am still worried it came out and mom bought it for christmas and is trying to give me a heart attack.
Redfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:16 AM   #30
philreed
Chief Executive Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
I wasn't aware there was a definite street date, so Phil's information is more accurate than mine. I apologize for any confusion I caused.
Nothing to worry about. Your job is to make the stuff, not track the details of product sales through the distribution network. Street date is typically the Wednesday two weeks after the start of shipping. Things change, but that is the expected norm.

As to the whole "Christmas sales" thing: We released when we could and had behind-the-scenes shipping and warehousing issues that prevented us from shipping earlier. When manufacturing and transporting product across the globe, life happens. We cannot control every detail of the shipping and distribution of games.

Tags
discworld, mars attacks