Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-28-2016, 02:23 PM   #1
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default GURPS Holiday Sale - PDFs 40% Off

Between now and December 15, Steve Jackson Games' GURPS PDFs are 40% off at Warehouse 23. Enjoy!

http://www.warehouse23.com/products?...D=558398545-sb
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 03:50 PM   #2
GM Joe

Default Re: GURPS Holiday Sale - PDFs 40% Off

Couldn't resist 40% off...bought 42 GURPS titles and 2 Pyramid titles. Yipes.
Old 11-28-2016, 04:25 PM   #3
lachimba

Wow, my back of envelope calculation is SJ Games is commiting a lot of $$$ to GURPS either in direct support or discounts.

Reprints, discounts, several new books and DFRPG.

Should max a few of us out on PDFs and hopefully encourage some retailers to go all in on five GURPS products instead of just one book at a time.
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 04:35 PM   #4
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachimba View Post
Wow, my back of envelope calculation is SJ Games is commiting a lot of $$$ to GURPS either in direct support or discounts.
All part of the judging demand/interest and boosting awareness of GURPS that we started a few months ago. This, along with watching final pre-order numbers of the two new hardcovers, will give us a lot of solid data going into 2017.

We'll see where this takes us. For now, we're just spreading the word and making sure everyone knows about GURPS.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 04:40 PM   #5
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
All part of the judging demand/interest and boosting awareness of GURPS that we started a few months ago. This, along with watching final pre-order numbers of the two new hardcovers, will give us a lot of solid data going into 2017.

We'll see where this takes us. For now, we're just spreading the word and making sure everyone knows about GURPS.
I have all these books in printed copy so wont be buying them. So thats a lost vote but I wanted to speak up.
Might spring for another copy of Thaumatology though.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 04:50 PM   #6
lachimba

I can buy a few PDFs and recommend a few to others that's maybe a $20USD boost. Everything else I own, have ordered or really dont want.

That leaves promoting GURPS to new customers which I still think the GURPS community is gearing up towards. Ive considered buying DFRPG for a library. There are now at least two regular library RPG days for teenagers. If they can organise it as a tax deduction donation for me I'm in (plus side I can perhaps use that copy rather than my own to run a game!)

I also might just finally have a regular Discworld RPG group.... Maybe. So sooner I have that book the better.

On that I didn't see any word on the Discworld PDF which I thought could be out day 0.
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 04:52 PM   #7
Anaraxes

Looks like a good time to get searchable PDFs of some of my print books. (MA, High Tech, spring to mind as a couple I've often had to flip through the hard way.) Then, there's those that I never quite got around to buying. Some difficult decisions ahead...
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 10:27 PM   #8
Blind Mapmaker

Quote:

That's a good incentive for all of us in the "More GURPS, please!" faction. Thanks for the info!
Old 11-29-2016, 05:19 AM   #9
Mailanka

Bought three books... and have advertised!
Old 11-29-2016, 10:16 AM   #10
GM Joe

Quote:
The more support GURPS gets, the more of my mindshare it occupies. I like a lot of out-of-print and long-unsupported games. But they don't get a lot of play time. Games that have new, exciting things happening for them stay in my mind, which leads to me running more campaigns in them. You can't plan an adventure for a game you don't think about. :)

Hopefully others feel the same, and hopefully all the things going on with GURPS lately are having the desired effect.

Quote:
I helped spread the word to a couple of appropriate venues. Here's hoping it helps!