Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2014, 05:05 PM   #1
AshmaDaeva
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Default Perfectly Ordinary Bunny Rabbit - Rules clarification

Hi everyone!

I have a ruling clarification in need, if you can help me.

Amidst my gaming group, we use to play Munchkin a lot. We have the core set, and up until Munchkin Clerical Errors. A couple of questions came into the light while playing:

1st - Does the Perfectly Ordinary Bunny Rabbit force anyone to help you? (in my point of view, the bunny rabbit says to ask if anyone wants to help you, despite your level)

2nd - Moderator edit: Please don't post card text on the forums. The card refers to the helper not allowing to leave if the Perfectly Ordinary Bunny Rabbit is actually more powerful based on a die roll. This brought up an issue about when can a helper leave a Munchkin he is aiding. Can anyone help out?

3rd - Later in this game, we came across a possible winning situation. A friend of mine was facing a low level monster, while he was at level 9. Another player then decided to play a Polymorph Potion to make him not get a level. The player that was fighting the monster then says he wants to play a Wandering Monster in order to fight and level up. We said that he wasn't in combat anymore so he couldn't use Wandering Monster. When does a player effectively stops being in combat?

Thanks and sorry for these questions!

AshmaDaeva

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 12-22-2014 at 05:29 AM.
AshmaDaeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:30 AM   #2
MunchkinMan
Super Moderator
 
MunchkinMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Macungie, PA
Default Re: Perfectly Ordinary Bunny Rabbit - Rules clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshmaDaeva View Post
1st - Does the Perfectly Ordinary Bunny Rabbit force anyone to help you? (in my point of view, the bunny rabbit says to ask if anyone wants to help you, despite your level)
It doesn't force anyone to help. What it does allow is asking for help, even if your combat strength is higher than the Monster's combat strength. Normally, you can not ask for help unless you are losing to the Monster.

Quote:
2nd - Moderator edit: Please don't post card text on the forums. The card refers to the helper not allowing to leave if the Perfectly Ordinary Bunny Rabbit is actually more powerful based on a die roll. This brought up an issue about when can a helper leave a Munchkin he is aiding. Can anyone help out?
A helper can almost never leave. It usually requires the use of a card to do it. Also, should a Monster that must be faced alone is added via a Wandering Monster card, then the helper must leave (and gets to do so without being penalized). The point being made on the card is that just because the Monster's status changed due to the die roll, the helper doesn't get to back out now that the combat just got harder once he chose to help.

Quote:
3rd - Later in this game, we came across a possible winning situation. A friend of mine was facing a low level monster, while he was at level 9. Another player then decided to play a Polymorph Potion to make him not get a level. The player that was fighting the monster then says he wants to play a Wandering Monster in order to fight and level up. We said that he wasn't in combat anymore so he couldn't use Wandering Monster. When does a player effectively stops being in combat?
Combat normally ends when the player in combat decides that he's going to Run Away, or the other players are unable to stop the player in combat from winning. In the case where all the Monsters have been removed from combat by the use of abilities or cards that remove Monsters, any player could still wander in a Monster to keep the combat active. That includes the player in the combat.
__________________
Erik D. Zane
Munchkin NetRep -- munchkin@sjgames.com
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 09:03 AM   #3
Andrey_Nike
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Default Re: Perfectly Ordinary Bunny Rabbit - Rules clarification

I have additional question about the Rabbit.

Does he force the Munchkin to ask for help, or allow to do so?
Andrey_Nike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.