Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 02:50 PM   #1
gim88

Default Munchkin Online

I'm sure this has probably been discussed before, but someone really needs to find a way (without breaking Copyright laws) to play Munchkin online. I just got M4: Need for Steed but I won't be able to play with my group until April 7th. Almost two weeks away. Well, that's not good enough. I want to play it NOW!

So, uhm, ponder and discuss.

Of course the best solution would be for SJG to release it as a Computer game somehow, with a way to allow you to download the new sets for free when you physically purchase the cards or for a fee if you do not purchase the cards.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:04 PM   #2
z38gm

Default Re: Munchkin Online

i think this would be a fun way to make munchkin fun, but then again one of my favorite parts of the game is the human interaction and all the fun that occurs because of it
Old 03-27-2006, 12:31 AM   #3
Gawain

Discussed before? There's even a thread with the exact same title as yours :p
http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=12921

May I perhaps direct you to the search function of the forum before later postings? :)
Old 03-27-2006, 06:02 AM   #4
gim88

yea, I actually noticed that about an hour later. Oops. I generally only look at certain forums. That's how I missed it.

Just goes to show you how good of an idea it is.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:35 PM   #5
spartachilles

Yes, I agree with Gim88.But how would the computer know you have/not have the sets and cards?But I and hopefully others looking at this thread support the release of online Munchkin.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:38 PM   #6
majikfreak

get a web cam... I play D&D all the time via web cam with my group. it might be a little tricky when playing a card game, but it's worth a shot.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:01 PM   #7
natesroom

One idea I've had rolling around in my head, was Printing a Code like in a video game booklet but print it on the rule book and that way you can track the purchases and make it available for whatever upgrade you've purchased.

Also once you log online and enter your info it can only be used once.

You could make the core set available to anyone who registered on the forum since January 2011 without purchase. Anyone who wanted to play online would have to have an account.

I know i hate having to "possibly purchase" the game in an online format but them's the breaks.

Its alot harder then i'm making out to be, but thats was my infant stages idea formulating
Old 05-09-2011, 05:06 PM   #8
MunchkinMan

Eeek. I really need to find all these threads and close them. . .
MiB #1029
Closed Thread