Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 08-11-2016, 03:27 PM   #1
ohiamjk

Default Munchkin Marvel: Electro, Looking For Trouble

Because Electro's card states that he gets a bonus from all electronic devices on the table when he enters combat, is it ok to clear the table of electronic devices before playing him? Some are ruling that the devices should still count but because it specifically states when he enters combat, i felt the strategy was to grab some devices which made others pick up their devices then when it was all off the table, i played it.

Note this is during the looking for trouble phase, i understand how devastating it would be if i kicked down the door and he appeared. I also know that grabbing peoples electronics can result in stares or anger but that's besides the point if im playing strategically.

This could also clarify if a person were to return with a hand covered in rings before playing mandarins rings.
ohiamjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 03:44 PM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Munchkin Marvel: Electro, Looking For Trouble

There's a question of legality, and then there's a question about fair or polite play. Touching other people's personal property is, in any scenario (even a friendly one), an impolite action, and one that I would consider unfair, and would probably kick you out of the game.

Now, if you can creatively get people to put their phones and other electronic devices away, all the more power to you. But touching other players' cards or personal property should be considered and unfair move, and even though some people might see it as legal, I find anything that violates fair and polite play to be not legal.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote