Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V. > Ogre Scenarios

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 08:38 AM   #1
Jen

Default Scenario Contest #1- Mark-O-Polo

We're excited to announce the release of Mark-O-Polo, the first of 14 new scenarios for Ogre Designer's Edition. These scenarios were written by you for Ogre fans everywhere, and we look forward to hearing your feedback on the scenarios as they're released.

The scenarios have been placed in a random order, and the authors' names have been removed. Please, don't "out" anyone, even if you know who the author is.

We'll keep this thread open until July 13 for feedback. We are looking for playtesting feedback especially, although editorial feedback is welcome, too! Lord knows more sets of eyes are good. I hope you enjoy the scenario!

You'll find the scenario here!

Last edited by Jen; 05-21-2015 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Add link.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:13 AM   #2
Ashley

Default Re: Scenario Contest #1- Mark-O-Polo

Is there a link?

Blogs:
http://panther6actual.blogspot.co.uk/
http://ashleyrpollard.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 05-14-2015, 09:24 AM   #3
Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
Is there a link?
Ashley,

There is! I posted the thread so we could go live with the KS update, so here we go!

http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/scenarios/mark-o-polo.html

Thanks!
Old 05-14-2015, 10:27 AM   #4
offsides

Typo (well, sentenceo :)) in the Setup section. It looks like there's part of a sentence missing in the middle after "Admin 40":

A pair of Admin 20 SP counters stacked should be used to designate the Admin 40 counter stacked with a Laser 20 SP counter should be used to designate the Laser 40 SP once those buildings are identified.

Otherwise looks good, I wish I had time to play it :(
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
Old 05-14-2015, 12:06 PM   #5
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
We're excited to announce the release of Mark-O-Polo, the first of 14 new scenarios for Ogre Designer's Edition. These scenarios were written by you for Ogre fans everywhere, and we look forward to hearing your feedback on the scenarios as they're released.
Jen,

Are these being released in contest winner order, or is it just a random release order?
Old 05-14-2015, 12:33 PM   #6
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Overlay placement:

Quote:
A Clear overlay should be placed on hex 1801 of map G2-N and 1901 of map G2-N (which is hex 0501 of map G1-N) as well as 0401 of map G1-N.
This one is a bit odd, since 1901/0501 is already clear. It's obviously (after the fact) so the road overlays have something level to rest on, but that's not immediately obvious while placing them. Would it make sense to group the overlay placement with text describing what the intention is? For example:

Build a road between 1702 and 0402:
  • A Clear overlay should be placed on hex 1801 of map G2-N and 1901 of map G2-N (which is hex 0501 of map G1-N) as well as 0401 of map G1-N.
  • A Straight Road overlay should be placed on hex 1801 of map G2-N and 1901 of map G2-N (which is hex 0501 of map G1-N), connecting hex 1702 of map G2-N to hex 0401 of map G1-N.
  • A Curved Road overlay should be placed on hex 0401 on map G1-N, connecting hex 0402 on map G1-N to hex 1901 of map G2-N (which is hex 0501 of map G1-N).
Old 05-14-2015, 01:01 PM   #7
Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
Jen,

Are these being released in contest winner order, or is it just a random release order?
They're random, and the authors' names have been removed. I'll update the first post to better reflect that.
Old 05-14-2015, 05:47 PM   #8
acroyear

can for future scenarios, somebody just put the maps together (with overlays) and take a picture so we have some idea that we're putting it together correctly?
Old 05-14-2015, 08:39 PM   #9
JLV

The only real negative comment I have to offer is that the scenario name is terrible! other than that, it's well organized, has plenty of options and is a nice switch from the "standard" Ogre-versus-the-world scenario. It plays pretty fast, the one time I've run through it thus far, which is a good thing. Given that I've only run it once, I can't talk to overall play-balance or anything, and I haven't tried the variants as yet, so cannot address them in detail. My next run will be with a Mark IV, since that actually makes more sense under the backstory.

Overall, I like this scenario, and it's concept. I'd say this one is a good one. But do, please, look for something better for the name of it! ;-)
Old 05-14-2015, 11:00 PM   #10
rjg173

When I first saw the name of the scenario, I thought it might have something to do with Chinese Ogres.