Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > SJ Games Discussion

Old 07-08-2015, 06:20 PM   #51
Nymdok

Default Re: What would you like to see on #SJGamesLIVE?

Hmmm....I think Id like to see a dedicated #GURPSLive series of webcasts of an hour each quarter (or even monthly).

Keep em to about an 30 minutes to an hour in length. I have an appetite for MUCH more, but an hour of my attention is about all I can offer at any given time. You could save me alot of webwork by rounding up some quick data and state of the game.

I think Id like it to be something that helps me use the books Ive already got and points me towards the books I need without infringing on the areas already covered by Pyramid and the source books.

Steve Marsh and <Guest> Where Guest is ideally an Editor, Author or someone else involved in GURPS or Pyramid's development.
  • Intro and Shill - 5 Minutes: Tell about what the most recent GURPS related releases including Pyramid. Tease Whats Coming. Plug the GURPs Forums.
  • Writing Prompt - 5 Minutes : Has the Wishlist been updated? IS there something thats interesting, that can be stated outloud instead of waiting for wishlist update? Whats the status on getting the upcoming Pyramids Filled?
  • Grist for the Mill - 10 minutes Pick a recent movie, song, book, commercial and Offer up Source Books for their conversion and play.
  • Hivemind's Eye - 10 minutes- Pick some topic from the GURPS forums that got alot of views or responses and discuss it briefly.
  • Illumination - 5 minutes - Whether from the forums/PMs email or tweets, answer some of those rules questions that we never seem to get enough of during the podcasts. If possible, ask the author who wrote the relevant work his opinions and discuss other interpretations.
  • 3e Throwback - 10 minutes - The conversion from 3e to 4e is really quite easy for most things. Pick a Sourcebook from 3e that was liked for its rules, genre, historical accuracy and completeness, novelty, or artwork and discuss some of the history and utility of the book.
  • Minimal Effort GM - 10 minutes - Whats some of the software/hardware etc that gets used to make GMing easy? Mapping Software, PDF readers, Char Builder Software, regular mundane tips and tricks to show people that GMing aint that hard.
  • Props and Pagentry - 5 Minutes - Whats the easy way to add that extra dimension to your game? Neat Miniatures, Printable Supplements, Mood Music, Riddles, and other 'extra mile' stuff that GMs do to enhance immersion. If Martha Stewart were a GM, what would she do for FIgs, props, etc.
  • Close out and Shill - 5 minutes - Good Bye everyone, these books are out, these books are comming out, BUY ALL THE BOOKS!
2 or three of those Ideas could easily fill a 20-30 minute episode and done once a quarter or once a month shouldnt be too hard as portions could be pre-recorded.

Nymdok
Nymdok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 04:19 PM   #52
Rhea
Marketing Director

The first Munchkin only #SJGamesLIVE starts today at 6pm Central Time! http://bit.ly/MunchkinOzLIVE
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 06:35 PM   #53
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Since the license is expiring, how about a GURPS:Traveller retrospective?

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:37 PM   #54
OneWoolyWombat

It would be great to see a live session for the Steampunk launch in case our FLGS doesn't have one.

A session of the new Car Wars card game would be great also.
OneWoolyWombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:50 AM   #55
Anders

I want to see more of the Big Cheese himself. Talk about the future of the company.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:31 PM   #56
Misplaced Buckeye

Has anyone approached the KS Tabletopia regarding adding Ogre 6e to their options. Seems like a very cost effective way to get Ogre into internet and computer play.
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 03:35 PM   #57
Andreeon

I would like to see some New CarWars 6th Edition and progress and such...I am been a Avid gamer since the mid 80s .
Andreeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 12:16 AM   #58
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
I wasn't going to name a particular game (because (a) there's more than one such game in the back catalog, and (b) I promised the mods I wouldn't comment too much on the lack of support), but ... yeah. Elizabeth McCoy is the Line Editor you'd want there.
I'll bring this back to the top -- I'd love to see "the real McCoy" online talking about the ins and outs of SJG's most blessed (or most damnable) property. Given her druthers, what would she like to do with it next?

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 06:47 AM   #59
robkelk
Untitled

I just had a thought. Considering how often it's come up on the forums recently, how about a discussion of a possible GURPS Fifth Edition? Asking the question and getting the answer "there are no plans for one" should fill at least one minute of a podcast - maybe two if you pad it out.
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 09:04 AM   #60
PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
I just had a thought. Considering how often it's come up on the forums recently, how about a discussion of a possible GURPS Fifth Edition? Asking the question and getting the answer "there are no plans for one" should fill at least one minute of a podcast - maybe two if you pad it out.
Except (A) we usually want to more than a few minutes for these things, and (B) we have discussed the fact that no 5th edition is coming via these channels, and yet people still ask. In fact, I'm pretty sure that declaring "the focus of the next #SJGamesLive will be on how no GURPS 5th Edition is coming" would just make everyone swear that 5E is around the corner. :)

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sjgameslive, supersecretshow