Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2015, 03:08 PM   #31
Ransom
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Default Re: Monster Hunters: Justice [IC]

Quote:
He picks up Shawn from school. He arrives several minutes early, but as soon as he shows up, Shawn pops out of a nearby building. "Hey Brother Man. I thought you'd never come!" The Fae and the green Venza are nowhere to be seen or sensed.
Brother Man challenges Shawn to a round of disk golf at Pier Park. On the way there, he asks about Shawn's surprisingly nervous greeting. "Did anything else strange happen while you were at school?"
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 05:55 PM   #32
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Monster Hunters: Justice [IC]

Jack:

The maid looks at the plumber with a disgusted look on her face.

The plumber's ears twitched when the sound was thrown, and they are continuing to move around, searching for something. Jack isn't quite sure what the guy is, but no normal human has that sort of precision with the ears -- and yet most human looking fae just use supernatural senses to power through that -- a vampire? or some weird cursed lineage?

"Shhhh... watch my lips. Something is up. Hold still."

The man is quite still. The maid looks unsure of what to do.

Rolls:
Body Language
Fast Talk
Hidden Lore (?)

Marcus:

As Marcus reaches for Jake, the man rapidly backs up and out of reach, obviously reading Marcus's intent. The man begins to fade ONTO the the wall of the building, his features blurring and darkening. This is obviously one of his other forms. Marcus was intending to destroy the man's energy, so he can't see what it is. He doesn't even know how long the transformation will take -- he usually relies on his sense for that sort of thing. He has heard of fae that can become living shadows though, and he guesses its one of these. And the guy is changing forms quickly-- another second or so and he'll be running around as a shadow instead of fading back onto a wall. And Jake has carefully given himself room along the wall to retreat from further attacks.

Rolls:
Attack Roll (missed due to dodge -- no non-IQ deceptive attack allowed due to trying to not reveal himself, and using the IQ base just makes matter worse).
Occultism (he has no hidden lore for fae)
Per (speed of alternate form change)

Hermit:
Energy: 49 * .8 (written spell) = 41 -15 ER = 26
Path: Mind - skill 15

The message is sent without failure and even without quirks.

OCC: I just realized quick and dirty won't accurately with symbol magic -- rolling away! You have forced me to build a 'RPM' excel worksheet that diminishes the skill at an adjustable rate. It gives me success or failure, crit fail energy, quirks, and time spent. I'm a little pleased with the result.

Brother Man:

"Sure, I can play the game. Better than sitting here."

"I saw the green car again, on the way to school. I thought you'd never come. Today was boring as <explicative>. I skipped school, then realized I was safer there, so I had to hide next to it all day. It was bad man. Sitting all day, you can't leave -- <explicative> awful."

Randal:
Several of the fellows look shady, but the one with the greatest suspicion are the group who dress in styles that conceal the face -- some rather blatantly. they are in a warehouse right next to a Blast Furnace
__________________
Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 06:27 PM   #33
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Monster Hunters: Justice [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Marcus:

As Marcus reaches for Jake, the man rapidly backs up and out of reach, obviously reading Marcus's intent. The man begins to fade ONTO the the wall of the building, his features blurring and darkening. This is obviously one of his other forms. Marcus was intending to destroy the man's energy, so he can't see what it is. He doesn't even know how long the transformation will take -- he usually relies on his sense for that sort of thing. He has heard of fae that can become living shadows though, and he guesses its one of these. And the guy is changing forms quickly-- another second or so and he'll be running around as a shadow instead of fading back onto a wall. And Jake has carefully given himself room along the wall to retreat from further attacks.

Rolls:
Attack Roll (missed due to dodge -- no non-IQ deceptive attack allowed due to trying to not reveal himself, and using the IQ base just makes matter worse).
Occultism (he has no hidden lore for fae)
Per (speed of alternate form change)
Marcus attempts to grapple the shadow before Jake sinks into the wall completely... Judo - 16 (Deceptive Attack 2) (3d6=12)

((insta-switch his Detect back to dominance for a Reflexive scan.))

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 02-01-2015 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Corrected maneuver for following turn.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:13 PM   #34
Talosian
 
Talosian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: California
Default Re: Monster Hunters: Justice [IC]

Jack scowls, irritated that his trick was thwarted. He huffs silently for a moment, then forces a grin onto his face, sizing up the plumber with angry eyes. Brown, did you see his ears? Any idea what he is? And then, without waiting for a response, Jack punches him in the face with his stun gun. If the man goes down, Jack will open the door and book it for the nearest point of egress, be it a door or a window (as long as he's no higher than the second floor).

Spoiler:  
__________________
"Talosian and Lamech are undead: they keep coming back for a month or two every few years."
- ericthered
Talosian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:36 AM   #35
Skullcrusher
 
Skullcrusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Default Re: Monster Hunters: Justice [IC]

Randal will stealthily make his way to to the warehouse with the Blast furnace trying to find a route that leaves him as little exposed to cameras as possible.

Stealth roll (3d6=10)made it by 2
__________________
You can get more with a 2X4 and a kind word then with just a kind word!

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:17 PM   #36
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Monster Hunters: Justice [IC]

OCC: please do not make your own stealth rolls. You may make attack rolls, spell rolls, and anything where you should know that you succeeded, but stealth, detect lies, influence rolls, and so forth I'd like to keep secret.

Jack:
The stun gun hits the man in the face -- hard. The man twitches, but does not go down. Jack flings open the door and quickly looks for an exit, locating an open screen door and balcony, though around the corner. The maid shrieks. Jack darts around a door, over a bed, and launches himself off of the balcony, sticking the landing.

The plumber rushes to the balcony, but doesn't jump -- rather he stands there, looking out, his ears and nose twitching, (the a massive lump forming on his head). After five seconds or so, he returns back into the house. Jack can only imagine the commotion going on among the maids.

IQ based Move! to find exit route
Move! to navigate the room
Move! to land the jump safely

Randal Kane:

Mr. Kane finds avoiding the cameras as easy as the first time, and makes it near to the warehouse. There is no camera near the door of the warehouse.

Rolls:
IQ based Stealth

Marcus Savage:
The shadow figure retreats back away from the wall, out of reach and into a complete shadow form. Marcus pulls his hand away from the wall where he was trying to grab it, and instead of focusing on his hunger, scans the shadow in front of him.

The thing is fleet of foot -- or just moves with the speed of a shadow on a wall (move 10). Its relexes aren't that good though, just its movement rate. It has very particular diet, one tied up with both selflessness and betrayal. The feeding is also tied up with a very rare mind control -- only certain people in certain circumstances can be controlled -- or rather, possessed. Its connected to the whole selflessness and betrayal angle. He gets a slightly better read on its relation to the clergy -- its resistant to many mystic abilities, but weak to ones from the lay folk. Marcus isn't sure how lay folk could summon up enough power to hit it. Perhaps it will disintegrate if forced to listen to a church choir or amen of a congregation. Its last form is a combat form. Marcus isn't sure what the form is going to look like, but it will rely on brawn rather than grace, and weigh a lot.

rolls:
Analysis
__________________
Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:45 PM   #37
Skullcrusher
 
Skullcrusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Default Re: Monster Hunters: Justice [IC]

OOC: oops sorry

Randal will check the door for traps or security sensors.
__________________
You can get more with a 2X4 and a kind word then with just a kind word!

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:44 PM   #38
Talosian
 
Talosian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: California
Default Re: Monster Hunters: Justice [IC]

Jack stands in a small hedge garden, breathing heavily, but smiling fiercely as he watches the man walk back inside. Nothing to say about Mr. Ears? Fine, I know just the guy for this. Jack turns and makes his way off of the house's grounds, carefully avoiding anything that looks metallic. He proceeds with his plan, but he'll leave after bluffing his way through the calls, instead heading towards Marcus' residence. If he can't find him there, he'll move all of Marcus' clocks forward one hour, hide one sock out of every pair in random places around the house, and unlace a few pairs of shoes, using the laces to form an impromptu tripwire across the door. Once he's finished, he'll head over to the junk yard where Marcus works, and start searching around for him.

Spoiler:  
__________________
"Talosian and Lamech are undead: they keep coming back for a month or two every few years."
- ericthered
Talosian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:58 PM   #39
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Monster Hunters: Justice [IC]

Marcus channels his chi, runs and leaps at the fleeing shadow, sword first!

(Flying Leap (-5 for instant use; Effective Skill 15) + Flying Attack (MA p.83, -2 to parry, +1/die damage; -8 to skill for -4 to defenses; Effective Skill 15) - Triple ST Damage with added +1 per die 6d+25 (Becomes 13d Imp))
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 12:35 AM   #40
Lamech
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default Re: Monster Hunters: Justice [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Laura Night:
The pictures are plentiful -- the bandits didn't bother to avoid cameras, relying on their masks to get them away. The guys seem to be almost identical -- both in build and in facial structure -- strongly muscled, larger males. The car was photographed as well, but was stolen shortly before and has not been seen since.
Oh look they got masks. Well that's gonna make this harder, but if we go to the restaurant I bet I can get enough to really track them down.
Anyway, first let me write down the ritual, well cast it Lara gets out a blank notebook, grabs her calligraphy tools and starts writing out and casting the ritual she has planned. That way when she reaches the restaurant she won't need to spend as much time.

Spoiler:  
__________________
John
Cee
Martel
Hiriko
Andrew

Last edited by Lamech; 01-31-2015 at 12:39 AM.
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.