Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-10-2015, 09:47 AM   #321
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Monster Hunters: Justice [IC]

We're in abstract distance via MH2 'Chases' you have one shot at the medium range band at just the witch and another when she's getting into the car.

This is an a chase through 'interesting terrain'. Without it you'd never catch up in the first place. But you don't get a lot of clean shots in the woods.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 12:24 PM   #322
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
We're in abstract distance via MH2 'Chases' you have one shot at the medium range band at just the witch and another when she's getting into the car.

This is an a chase through 'interesting terrain'. Without it you'd never catch up in the first place. But you don't get a lot of clean shots in the woods.
OOC: Without distances, I have no idea of range penalties and what is worth doing...
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 01:22 PM   #323
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
OOC: Without distances, I have no idea of range penalties and what is worth doing...
MH2, medium range band always has a range penalty of -7. Its the range itself.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 08-16-2015, 09:55 PM   #324
the_matrix_walker

Marcus gives their Chi another sniff, wanting to see if he picks up anything else, and build familiarity for when he needs to track them down again... and he lets them go.

He returns through the gate, and returns to his car, deciding not to confront the shape-shifter in the company of an unknown witch... So he will track them further by mundane means, and bide his time.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:25 PM   #325
Skullcrusher

Randal readies his SMG and heads for the house. He figures what the heck they already know he is there.

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:10 PM   #326
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Marcus Savage:

Marcus snatches a view of the license plate, and commits to it memory while the truck drives off. He soaks up the 'flavor' of his two quarry. He will be able to track them down soon enough -- though in the short term they'll probably find some sort of hidey hole.

Marcus is returning home when he catches something on the radio " ... Ketty High was a front-runner for congressional office, and police suspect political motives, but as of yet, have no suspects. We will have more on this when we get back." The radio breaks into a jingle.

Getting more information, Marcus learns that Ketty was shot at long range by a riffle. Of the three shots, two hit her, both in the torso. She is in a coma in 'the hospital', and under heavy guard.

Randal Kane:

Randal is basically there when a rough voice yells "What are you doing here! Get off my property!". Two barrels of a gun stick are shoved out of a window. A shotgun, to be precise.

Old 09-14-2015, 07:24 PM   #327
the_matrix_walker

Marcus calls the "Blind Line" and listens to thee fake recording indicating he's calling a cleaning company after hours, and speaks in the expected code.

"The two oil stains were removed successfully... But the blood stain didn't come out yet. The customer came back with a pair of grass stained pants."

He hangs up and gets a fix on the errant shapeshifter, and drives off to continue the pursuit.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:05 PM   #328
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The two are miles away from Marcus, but he focuses in on them. Figuring out where they are in correlation with a map is tricky, but marcus has a pretty good

He gets a response to his call pretty quickly, with a few notes about detergents to try: good work, and is there anything he could use help on?

Then his sense is cut off. And it isn't a threshold this time. Its a cloaking spell.

RM Rolls:
IQ Roll (stick on map)
Sense Roll
IQ analysis roll

Last edited by ericthered; 09-15-2015 at 09:55 PM.