Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 General Discussion

Notices

Old 09-23-2014, 01:35 PM   #1
Owen Smith

Default International shipping concerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonm View Post
We've gotten a bit slack about posting updates but rest assured, we've been adding improvements constantly since our last post.

UPDATE
  • Today we've implemented a rather significant update to the international Shipping Options to add some USPS options and get rid of options that did not have any tracking information. So now our international customers can rest assured that any option presented will have tracking available!
In my experience dealing with other US companies that probably means international shipping rates are now prohibitively expensive. The only way to get the shipping significantly lower in cost than the product being shipped has been not having tracking in my experience. And this is to the UK, which isn't the most expensive place in the world to ship from the US.

So can you check what the shipping rates are, and make some statements about likely costs please.
Owen Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 06:39 AM   #2
RogerBW

Default Re: Warehouse 23 Updates

A couple of examples:

Munchkin base set, $24.95; cheapest shipping to the UK, $20.45. Add to that the 10 or more I'd have to pay for UK customs, and I'm looking at a minimum of 38. If I ordered that from my usual UK supplier of other companies' products, I could get two copies delivered for about the same amount of money.

GURPS Zombies: $29.95, $22.30 cheapest postage, total of about 32 delivered; from the UK, 20. And that's before I look at the deep discounters like Amazon; that's from a store with a real-world presence.

At the moment, sadly, W23 is distinctly uncompetitive for UK customers. That's not W23's fault, necessarily; shipping from the USA is very expensive right now. I never had a shipment go missing under the old system, and I think it would be a good idea to bring back some of the non-tracked delivery modes. Or, even better, set up a drop-ship agreement with a UK distributor like Esdevium, who could handle the customs fees and roll those into the shipping cost (they're vastly cheaper for a bulk importer) rather than letting the shipper present the end user with an unwelcome and usurious bill.
RogerBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 07:01 AM   #3
Owen Smith

Thanks Roger, the new shipping rates to the UK are as bad as I feared. I have used basic shipping from the US many times from multiple companies including SJ Games, and nothing has ever gone missing for me.

As long as it is clear when ordering that the risk of non delivery is mine to bear, I don't see a problem with cheaper, uninsured, non tracked shipping.

Please can consideration be given to putting these shipping options back into W23 for international customers.

Last edited by Andrew Hackard; 09-26-2014 at 11:57 AM. Reason: removed MIB-specific content
Old 09-26-2014, 07:13 AM   #4
xeodon

i don't like the new shipping options, international shipping was expensive before, and now it is even more expensive. for just a normal booster i used to pay arround $7,- shipping i now looked and it has gone up to $9,50.

i like ordering on w23 because of the nice support and promo's and generall nice-ness of everyone at w23. but it's getting way to expensive to order from w23. i'm just glad i got the exclusive 2014 booster before the new shipping.
xeodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 07:42 AM   #5
goose

Default Re: International shipping concerns

Wow, I totally agree.

I am glad I ordered the Warehouse 23 2014 booster. It cost $7 to ship.

Just checked now and my only options are $26.11 or $26.60 (to Canada).

This is insane.
goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 02:31 PM   #6
brandonm
Cybernetic Overlord, Protector of the Fairness, Ebliberator of Stealage & Grand Purveyor of Laser Cats

The new USPS International methods were actually turned off over the weekend. If you try purchasing a booster now you should see the least expensive option is under $8 to ship to Canada. Anyone can look up rates by weight to their address or find out more information here:

https://www.usps.com/ship/first-clas...al-service.htm
brandonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 02:39 PM   #7
goose

Quote:
The new USPS International methods were actually turned off over the weekend. If you try purchasing a booster now you should see the least expensive option is under $8 to ship to Canada. Anyone can look up rates by weight to their address or find out more information here:

Thank you.
goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 02:48 PM   #8
Owen Smith

Quote:

Thanks very much.