Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Board and Dice Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2014, 03:02 PM   #1
TheBigGeordieGeek
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Default Mars Attacks The Dice Game

Got this from Steve at WorldCon, gotta say it is brilliant a perfect quick and fun filler game, and ideal as a gateway for muggles, which is what I used it for at the WorldCon game tent.

I had the chance to try a prototype at the UK Games Expo and it was good then, and the final product is brilliant.

I will be evangelising about this game, a lot.
__________________
Michael Botterill
TheBigGeordieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:11 PM   #2
scuba1125
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default Re: Mars Attacks The Dice Game

I completely agree. Bought this at GenCon and played with my regular gaming group tonight. It is my new favorite dice game from SJ.

I do have a ruling question though:

There is an ongoing effect from one of the cities that allows you to reroll one die each turn that you normally couldn't. When you get nuked, does that end your turn immediately, or can you invoke that ability to reroll one of the nukes and potentially change your fate?
scuba1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 02:16 AM   #3
TheBigGeordieGeek
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Default Re: Mars Attacks The Dice Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba1125 View Post
I completely agree. Bought this at GenCon and played with my regular gaming group tonight. It is my new favorite dice game from SJ.

I do have a ruling question though:

There is an ongoing effect from one of the cities that allows you to reroll one die each turn that you normally couldn't. When you get nuked, does that end your turn immediately, or can you invoke that ability to reroll one of the nukes and potentially change your fate?
I have assumed that you reroll so long as it's only one dice you have nucked out by
__________________
Michael Botterill
TheBigGeordieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:50 AM   #4
philreed
Chief Executive Officer
 
philreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: Mars Attacks The Dice Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba1125 View Post
When you get nuked, does that end your turn immediately, or can you invoke that ability to reroll one of the nukes and potentially change your fate?
The ruling at the office is you get to use your card abilities before your turn ends.

Sam and Alex are working on a FAQ page and this will be FAQ #1 as of now.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 06:31 AM   #5
TheBigGeordieGeek
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Default Re: Mars Attacks The Dice Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
The ruling at the office is you get to use your card abilities before your turn ends.

Sam and Alex are working on a FAQ page and this will be FAQ #1 as of now.
Thanks for the ruling Phil that's very helpful.

We had a house rule that Birger gave us to up the ante a bit, when you nuke out, the difficulty card flips, we have used it once or twice and it can make the games lots of fun.
__________________
Michael Botterill
TheBigGeordieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:11 AM   #6
philreed
Chief Executive Officer
 
philreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: Mars Attacks The Dice Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGeordieGeek View Post
We had a house rule that Birger gave us to up the ante a bit, when you nuke out, the difficulty card flips, we have used it once or twice and it can make the games lots of fun.
Sounds like a fun variant. It's a little similar to a mechanic Sam and Randy are playing with for . . . oh. Oops. Sorry. We haven't announced that game yet.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:13 AM   #7
TheBigGeordieGeek
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Default Re: Mars Attacks The Dice Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
Sounds like a fun variant. It's a little similar to a mechanic Sam and Randy are playing with for . . . oh. Oops. Sorry. We haven't announced that game yet.
Oh you tease!
__________________
Michael Botterill
TheBigGeordieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:33 AM   #8
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor
 
Andrew Hackard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Default Re: Mars Attacks The Dice Game

The worst thing is, Phil had the actual product up for ten minutes before we made him take it down. Guess everyone missed that.
__________________
Andrew Hackard || Munchkin Line Editor, Steve Jackson Games

Twitter: @SJGames || Facebook: SJ Games and Munchkin || Medium: @SJGames
Instagram: @stevejacksongames || YouTube: Steve Jackson Games

New Munchkin player? Visit our Munchkin 101 forum!
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.