Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2014, 06:25 AM   #21
Rasputin
 
Rasputin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Minneapolis, MN, USA
Default Re: The Lands of NandÍmē: GURPS Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold & Appel Inc View Post
I'm not seeing the quest in that second part...
There isn't. She just kind of babbled. Old gnome ladies have been known to do that.
__________________
Cura isto securi, Eugene.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 06:38 AM   #22
Gold & Appel Inc
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: One Mile Up
Default Re: The Lands of NandÍmē: GURPS Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
There isn't. She just kind of babbled. Old gnome ladies have been known to do that.
Fair enough, just making sure I wasn't missing some cultural significance to the stakes or something that implied that a response was necessary.

Did you have the (were)wolves flank this time? :]
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:46 AM   #23
Rasputin
 
Rasputin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Minneapolis, MN, USA
Default Re: The Lands of NandÍmē: GURPS Content Posts

While getting ready for today's session (if my players confirm), I've come up with a list of hex crawl links. Making these things is daunting, and scattered all across the web. Hopefully, someone will write a 200 page book on them, but until then, here's some help.
__________________
Cura isto securi, Eugene.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 08:43 AM   #24
Gold & Appel Inc
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: One Mile Up
Default Re: The Lands of NandÍmē: GURPS Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
While getting ready for today's session (if my players confirm), I've come up with a list of hex crawl links. Making these things is daunting, and scattered all across the web. Hopefully, someone will write a 200 page book on them, but until then, here's some help.
If you'd like someone to actually care or contribute work, answering relevant questions in the thread you started in a timely manner would help a lot.

Officially completely checking out of this after multiple disappointments. Good luck.
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 01:55 PM   #25
Rasputin
 
Rasputin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Minneapolis, MN, USA
Default Re: The Lands of NandÍmē: GURPS Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold & Appel Inc View Post
If you'd like someone to actually care or contribute work, answering relevant questions in the thread you started in a timely manner would help a lot.

Officially completely checking out of this after multiple disappointments. Good luck.
I'm sorry, but I don't respond to insulting comments about tactics in my game. I have answered all relevant questions.
__________________
Cura isto securi, Eugene.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 04:02 PM   #26
Gold & Appel Inc
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: One Mile Up
Default Re: The Lands of NandÍmē: GURPS Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't respond to insulting comments about tactics in my game. I have answered all relevant questions.
Freely-offered advice about laughably-unrealistic tactics is an insult? Fine, do without.
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:39 PM   #27
Rasputin
 
Rasputin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Minneapolis, MN, USA
Default Re: The Lands of NandÍmē: GURPS Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold & Appel Inc View Post
Freely-offered advice about laughably-unrealistic tactics is an insult? Fine, do without.
Gosh, were you at the game? Do you know how big the wolves were? They were SM +1, FYI, not normal dire wolves. My players had no problem with how I ran the encounter, which almost killed them. Where are the logs for your game, so I can tear apart your tactics?

I asked for links for a list of resources for hex crawls. You want to give me ill-informed advice on how to run my game, something that most folks deem rude. And it was done as an insult, too. Somehow, I don't think we have the same goal.
__________________
Cura isto securi, Eugene.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 06:00 PM   #28
Dwarf99
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas
Default Re: The Lands of NandÍmē: GURPS Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
You want to give me ill-informed advice on how to run my game, something that most folks deem rude. And it was done as an insult, too. Somehow, I don't think we have the same goal.
Three cheers for this sir! Too bad there's not a +1 button. I would hit it like a thousand times. I ask "how do I do this" most of the time I spend on the site, and admittedly the answer has lately been "Buy this" or "Don't do that, do this instead" often with an air of superiority, and often with complete disregard for the fact that I just want a good bit of internal consistency rather than strict adherance to reality.

It's why I don't spend much time on the site anymore. Consider your blog earmarked for my enjoyment.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarf99 View Post
I'd probably take Restricted Diet: Boiled Children
Dwarf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 06:49 PM   #29
Dwarf99
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas
Default Re: The Lands of NandÍmē: GURPS Content Posts

Quote:
Let them try to get out. Unlikely, and again PraitanÍr might send goons to follow them. Also, AnÍr's right arm might be bum; we didn't bother to roll to be sure. (Yťmos did heal him right back up to full HP as soon as he could, before both dropped, of course. He took 12 HP to the arm when 6 HP crippled it, but I didn't have it lopped off since it was exactly twice the minimum and again, it seemed unfun at the time.)
I'll say that you should never declare automatic lethal consequences for anything. If legitimate damage is caused, that can be lethal. Taking potshots at them at whim is not a legitimate source of damage.

Option 1 is a pot-shot
Option 3 is a Deus Ex that will feel unearned. If you have to Deus Ex them, make it as a result of something they did.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarf99 View Post
I'd probably take Restricted Diet: Boiled Children
Dwarf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:30 PM   #30
Rasputin
 
Rasputin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Minneapolis, MN, USA
Default Re: The Lands of NandÍmē: GURPS Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarf99 View Post
I'll say that you should never declare automatic lethal consequences for anything. If legitimate damage is caused, that can be lethal.
It wasn't lethal damage, but rather super-crippling damage from a cutting weapon. I did get an almost-official clarification from a very respected source after the game, and it was a point short of lob-off damage, and he made the HT roll the next time to not be crippled for many moons.

As a side note, AnÍr is being run by Yťmos's player; AnÍr was made for the player's kid, who hasn't been around since January. As such, we weren't too upset if we had a swordsman without a sword arm, though Yťmos isn't much of a fighter at all.
__________________
Cura isto securi, Eugene.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blogs, dungeon fantasy, gurps, hex crawling

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.