Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin Quest

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2014, 04:50 PM   #1
Johnpiper69
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Reprint Munchkin Quest?

Hi any plans to reprint Munchkin Quest, this year or next year? This set is out of print, and it's near impossible to find.
Thanks,
K.

-JPiper
Johnpiper69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:14 PM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor
 
Andrew Hackard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Default Re: Reprint Munchkin Quest?

We don't have any current plans to do so, no. Munchkin Quest is very expensive to print, and the last printing had some minor QC issues that mean the next printing will likely require re-tooling some pieces, making it more expensive still.

You might be able to find a store that takes online orders and still has a copy. Failing that, perhaps someone in the Trading Post forum (a ways below this one) could pick up a copy and ship it to you.

Sorry that your quest (heh heh) has been frustrating. We never *like* letting games go out of print, but sometimes it's the right answer.

(To head something off at the pass: no, we don't have any interest in running a crowdfunding campaign to reprint the game.)
__________________
Andrew Hackard || Munchkin Line Editor, Steve Jackson Games

Twitter: @SJGames || Facebook: SJ Games and Munchkin || Medium: @SJGames
Instagram: @stevejacksongames || YouTube: Steve Jackson Games

New Munchkin player? Visit our Munchkin 101 forum!
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:36 PM   #3
TheBigGeordieGeek
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Default Re: Reprint Munchkin Quest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
We don't have any current plans to do so, no. Munchkin Quest is very expensive to print, and the last printing had some minor QC issues that mean the next printing will likely require re-tooling some pieces, making it more expensive still.

You might be able to find a store that takes online orders and still has a copy. Failing that, perhaps someone in the Trading Post forum (a ways below this one) could pick up a copy and ship it to you.

Sorry that your quest (heh heh) has been frustrating. We never *like* letting games go out of print, but sometimes it's the right answer.

(To head something off at the pass: no, we don't have any interest in running a crowdfunding campaign to reprint the game.)
That is a real shame, while not my favourite game, it still had its charms.
__________________
Michael Botterill
TheBigGeordieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:27 PM   #4
PriusGuy2004
 
PriusGuy2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Default Re: Reprint Munchkin Quest?

I managed to recently find a 2011 printing of Munchkin Quest from a guy who had a game warehouse in Denver, CO. I think I paid a total of $48-$49 (which included the shipping cost)....so I was happy I found a good deal. It took me a while to find sites that had the game, but I eventually found one, and the guy emailed back and forth with me before buying to confirm the printing version and it's condition...which was brand new. Now I'm just trying to wrap my head around all the rules. :-)

Edit: it was the last copy he had left. Bought it from a site called TimeWellSpentGames.com
__________________
Twitter: @PriusGuy2004 || Xbox 360 GT: PriusGuy2004

Last edited by PriusGuy2004; 01-21-2014 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Added website info
PriusGuy2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:14 PM   #5
AznAquaSp1rit
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Reprint Munchkin Quest?

interesting
AznAquaSp1rit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:17 AM   #6
KevinR
 
KevinR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Default Re: Reprint Munchkin Quest?

I was buying some ASL things this morning and noted that Gamer's Armory has a Steve Jackson Games section. They list Munchkin Quest.

Note: I have ordered things from them that turned out to be out of stock. They were quick with a refund, but maybe don't get your hopes up.
KevinR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:43 AM   #7
JonaBullets
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Default Re: Reprint Munchkin Quest?

I have been looking every where for a copy of this... and some copies I have found that have been in English are going for upwards of 300$US... I have managed to find some one in the UK, who will post to Australia, but even that is going to be pricey...

I did jsut discover that on this Website it mentions Munchkin Quest, is "Coming Soon" but no other information has dates etc.

Can any one shed some light on this? :)
JonaBullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:53 AM   #8
TheBigGeordieGeek
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Default Re: Reprint Munchkin Quest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonaBullets View Post
I have been looking every where for a copy of this... and some copies I have found that have been in English are going for upwards of 300$US... I have managed to find some one in the UK, who will post to Australia, but even that is going to be pricey...

I did jsut discover that on this Website it mentions Munchkin Quest, is "Coming Soon" but no other information has dates etc.

Can any one shed some light on this? :)
In the new section it states that it's expected in July.

Hang on until then it will be worth it!
__________________
Michael Botterill
TheBigGeordieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:27 PM   #9
Heatherwilson85
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Default Re: Reprint Munchkin Quest?

Does anyone know of any sites besides Amazon or Ebay that have Munchkin Quest?
Heatherwilson85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:33 PM   #10
PriusGuy2004
 
PriusGuy2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Default Re: Reprint Munchkin Quest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatherwilson85 View Post
Does anyone know of any sites besides Amazon or Ebay that have Munchkin Quest?
Wait until July...and it will be re-released.

http://www.sjgames.com/newproducts/n...tml?m=6&y=2014
__________________
Twitter: @PriusGuy2004 || Xbox 360 GT: PriusGuy2004
PriusGuy2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
munchkin quest, reprint

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.