Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2013, 04:42 PM   #21
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper
 
vicky_molokh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kyv, Ukraine
Default Re: [Biotech] Foxwife Domestic Bioroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonex View Post
Well, wow, no ****. Even on 4chan people are told to take this stuff to /d/ or the closest ERP thread.
This is a bioroids thread. This model is less /d/ than some of the official SJG bioroid models.
__________________
Vicky 'Molokh', GURPS FAQ and uFAQ Keeper
Also, GURPS Discord is a nice place for (faster) Q&A and overall GURPS dicussion.
vicky_molokh is online now  
Old 12-20-2013, 04:49 PM   #22
nonex
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Default Re: [Biotech] Foxwife Domestic Bioroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
This is a bioroids thread. This model is less /d/ than some of the official SJG bioroid models.
I am aware of that, and I think Bio-Tech is a fantastic exercise in presenting fetishes as legitimate parts of an RPG supplement.
nonex is offline  
Old 12-20-2013, 04:52 PM   #23
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper
 
vicky_molokh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kyv, Ukraine
Default Re: [Biotech] Foxwife Domestic Bioroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonex View Post
I am aware of that, and I think Bio-Tech is a fantastic exercise in presenting fetishes as legitimate parts of a RPG supplement.
Nah, Bio-Tech is on the tamer side of the bunch.
__________________
Vicky 'Molokh', GURPS FAQ and uFAQ Keeper
Also, GURPS Discord is a nice place for (faster) Q&A and overall GURPS dicussion.
vicky_molokh is online now  
Old 12-20-2013, 04:58 PM   #24
nonex
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Default Re: [Biotech] Foxwife Domestic Bioroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
Nah, Bio-Tech is on the tamer side of the bunch.
Could well be, but you don't have to go very far anyway. I think even players who know about my fetishes would say "Dude. Stop." if I used the Diana as written.
nonex is offline  
Old 12-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #25
nick012000
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Default Re: [Biotech] Foxwife Domestic Bioroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eukie View Post
Echoing other people in this thread, I'd like to offer the criticism that you seem to have built the Foxwife Domestic Bioroid around your (apparent) fetish for an eternally young submissive fox-girl maid sex slave wife-thingy. Rather than, say, meeting some commercial or practical need.

It seems that, outside of a small group people with very specific sexual interests, this bioroid isn't very useful; neither as an element to put into a campaign world, nor to play in a game or have as an ally.
I dunno. I think they'd be popular enough among groups like Men Going Their Own Way, or a lot of nerdy unwilling virgins. People that want relationships with women, but are either too inept to form one with a human woman, or too wary of the potential legal entanglements involved.
nick012000 is offline  
Old 12-20-2013, 07:30 PM   #26
Prince Charon
 
Prince Charon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Default Re: [Biotech] Foxwife Domestic Bioroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
Nah, Bio-Tech is on the tamer side of the bunch.
Since I have neither money, nor a copy of 'In the Well', I'll take your word for it. I assume there's more interesting things in that book than just fetish-templates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick012000 View Post
I dunno. I think they'd be popular enough among groups like Men Going Their Own Way, or a lot of nerdy unwilling virgins. People that want relationships with women, but are either too inept to form one with a human woman, or too wary of the potential legal entanglements involved.
I wonder if the latter is more, or less, common in TS than it is here.
__________________
"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 10/18/2017: The timeline entry for May, 2014 has finally been posted!
Prince Charon is offline  
Old 12-20-2013, 08:49 PM   #27
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants
 
sir_pudding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ventura CA
Default Re: [Biotech] Foxwife Domestic Bioroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
Since I have neither money, nor a copy of 'In the Well', I'll take your word for it. I assume there's more interesting things in that book than just fetish-templates?
Yes. All kinds of stuff about the Mars settlements, inner solar system space installations, Venus shell tourism, and a modular vehicle design system.
Quote:
I wonder if the latter is more, or less, common in TS than it is here.
Obviously lots of legal problems with bioroids especially sex bioroids depending on jurisdiction. Even in most places that this model would be legal it is fairly regulated. Legal issues with marriage are probably slightly more complicated almost every where (where there is such a legal institution anyway). Basically no legal complications from VR sex with your VI or through Slinks almost anywhere though, and it's way cheaper too!
sir_pudding is offline  
Old 12-20-2013, 09:12 PM   #28
nick012000
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Default Re: [Biotech] Foxwife Domestic Bioroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Obviously lots of legal problems with bioroids especially sex bioroids depending on jurisdiction. Even in most places that this model would be legal it is fairly regulated. Legal issues with marriage are probably slightly more complicated almost every where (where there is such a legal institution anyway). Basically no legal complications from VR sex with your VI or through Slinks almost anywhere though, and it's way cheaper too!
Yeah, but a bioroid won't divorce you on the drop of a hat and sue you for child support and alimony, with the threat of being thrown in prison if you fail to make your payments (even if they're more than you're capable of paying, because, say, you lost your job after your divorce). Seriously, the modern family court system is ****ed up.
nick012000 is offline  
Old 12-20-2013, 09:48 PM   #29
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants
 
sir_pudding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ventura CA
Default Re: [Biotech] Foxwife Domestic Bioroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick012000 View Post
Yeah, but a bioroid won't divorce you on the drop of a hat and sue you for child support and alimony,
They can flee to Europe, claim amnesty and then sue you for sapient rights violations. If you ever go to Europe you are then arrested and undergo a personality reconstruction with brainbugs. That's a little worse.

Your VI LAI will probably never sue you.
sir_pudding is offline  
Old 12-20-2013, 09:58 PM   #30
nick012000
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Default Re: [Biotech] Foxwife Domestic Bioroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
They can flee to Europe, claim amnesty and then sue you for sapient rights violations. If you ever go to Europe you are then arrested and undergo a personality reconstruction with brainbugs. That's a little worse.
It doesn't make you your ex's defacto slave, though.

Quote:
Your VI LAI will probably never sue you.
It's also not real.
nick012000 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
biotech, racial template

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.