Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #1
EdwardF
 
EdwardF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Default OGRE Ramming in Overruns

Can an OGRE destroy a SHVY at the end of the first fire phase, just like it could a HVY or GEV?

This is assuming that we're NOT using the simpler ramming rules.

In fact, if we're using the Overrun Rules(8.0+), do we refer to the Ramming Rules (6.0+) at all? What about the tread damage to an OGRE when ramming a SHVY?

My players and myself seem to be puzzled by the "don't use both" reference.

-Ed
EdwardF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
Ulzgoroth
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Default Re: OGRE Ramming in Overruns

I believe the answer is that the 6. rules for are referenced for ogres ramming ogres, and for non-ogre units ramming, but not for ogres ramming armor. Superheavies have no survivability nor special ability to cause pain against ramming under overrun rules.

An old source, look at the first paragraphs in the last section.
__________________
I don't know any 3e, so there is no chance that I am talking about 3e rules by accident.
Ulzgoroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #3
dwalend
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Default Re: OGRE Ramming in Overruns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulzgoroth View Post
I believe the answer is that the 6. rules for are referenced for ogres ramming ogres, and for non-ogre units ramming, but not for ogres ramming armor. Superheavies have no survivability nor special ability to cause pain against ramming under overrun rules.

An old source, look at the first paragraphs in the last section.
That's right. 8.05.2 is chapter and verse.

Quote:
If the target was anything but another Ogre, it is destroyed and the
Ogre is undamaged.
In consolation, if the ogre overran the superheavy then the superheavy gets two 3-point attacks before getting squashed.
dwalend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
StormCrow42
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Concord, NC
Default Re: OGRE Ramming in Overruns

AFAICT, Ogres destroy SHVYs on rams with no tread damage unless you're using 13.07 for partial damage for SHVY, at which point the usual rules on Ogres ramming from 6.x are in effect (3 treads for the Ogre, roll for tread damage to the SHVY).
__________________
Scott K. Ellis
StormCrow42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #5
hcobb
 
hcobb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pacheco, California
Default Re: OGRE Ramming in Overruns

If a 13.07 SHVY is rammed by an Ogre in an overrun does it take the 1:1 attack or just tread damage?
__________________
-HJC
hcobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #6
StormCrow42
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Concord, NC
Default Re: OGRE Ramming in Overruns

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcobb View Post
If a 13.07 SHVY is rammed by an Ogre in an overrun does it take the 1:1 attack or just tread damage?
Looking closer at 6.02, I'd say that the SHVY should suffer the 1-1 attack as well. With "D"s escalated to "X"s in overruns, that would leave a 66% chance of rolling for damage on the 13.07 table.
__________________
Scott K. Ellis
StormCrow42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #7
hcobb
 
hcobb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pacheco, California
Default Re: OGRE Ramming in Overruns

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormCrow42 View Post
Looking closer at 6.02, I'd say that the SHVY should suffer the 1-1 attack as well. With "D"s escalated to "X"s in overruns, that would leave a 66% chance of rolling for damage on the 13.07 table.
Only the "well-aimed shots" of 8.04 have Ds promoted to Xs.
__________________
-HJC
hcobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ogre, overrun, ramming, rules

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.