Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
Sriseru
 
Sriseru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sweden
Default [IC] The Fall

It is Saturday the 6th of August, the year is 3768.
The three of you, a humanoid robot, and two cyborgs are the only passengers on board the vactrain capsule heading from Asia to North America, which has just passed the station in British Columbia.
The capsule has soft and comfortable seats, six in the back and four rows of double seats on both sides with a gap in the middle for moving through the capsule.
At the front, on the left side there is a built-in foodfac from which you may fabricate any beverage or snack you may desire.
On both sides of the capsule there is a long horizontal window, allowing passengers to view the scenery outside. You can tell that it's about noon, or 12:07 AM if you check the local time.

As for your luggage, it sits safely in another portion of the capsule, the cargo hold, which is only accessible from the outside.

The two cyborgs, a man and a woman who are both in their late teen, are playing a VR game among themselves, while the robot sits quietly for itself and lets out a brief chuckle every now and then.
Sriseru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
Poonbahbah
 
Poonbahbah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: in or about Tucson, Az
Default Re: [IC] The Fall

Kilarthi will be stretched out along the back row of seating where he's trying to sleep.
__________________
TJ, O, J, Alex

Last edited by Poonbahbah; 12-04-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Poonbahbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #3
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: [IC] The Fall

Rechit Odantra is immersed in a sensie about an alternative history in which Rome conquers Parthia. He is currently commanding an Indian fleet vs. a much better equiped roman one. This senario is a favorite of his, devilishly hard, and one he looses more often than not. He has, of course, a bowl of his favorite snack food: Cheetos.
__________________
Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #4
samd6
 
samd6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Default Re: [IC] The Fall

Wilda Tiedeman is watching several newsfeeds while sipping a craft beer and perusing a videos of hawk uplifts.
__________________
James Soltis Wilda
Essential Skills
samd6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #5
Sriseru
 
Sriseru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sweden
Default Re: [IC] The Fall

Wilda Tiedeman
Most of the newsfeeds are covering the ongoing war, but assures the audience that the worlds of the Solar Republic remain safe and secure.

Everyone
All of a sudden, an intense light shines through the window on the right. Those of you who turn to look can see a bright flash in the horizon. Then, as the flash fades, what looks like an aurora radiates outward from the light and then dissipates.

Next, you feel a strong jolt in the capsule, making some of you almost fall out of your seats, and you can feel vactrain capsule slowing down.

The power of the capsule then goes out, leaving the two side windows as the only sources of light.

The robot start twitching uncontrollably while the two cyborgs begin to shriek in agony, and you all feel a strong tingling sensation course through your bodies.

Rechit's and Wilda's interfaces shut down immediately and the two of you begin to experience intense migraines.

After a few seconds, the tingling sensation fades until it is gone completely, as does Rechit's and Wilda's headaches. All that is left is a complete and utter silence, and neither the robot nor the cyborgs are moving...
Sriseru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #6
Poonbahbah
 
Poonbahbah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: in or about Tucson, Az
Default Re: [IC] The Fall

Kilrathi is startled awake by the strong jolt and starts to say sleepily, "Wha...," and then as the screaming and tinglings start he changes tact to, "Ahh..."

Once the tingling fades he'll add, "What just happened and why can't I get a feed to the news?" Next he opens his eyes and starts taking a look around.
__________________
TJ, O, J, Alex

Last edited by Poonbahbah; 12-06-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Poonbahbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #7
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: [IC] The Fall

Rechit at first thinks that this is part of the simulation--- he'd been killed, but never maimed in that senario ... perhaps this was... No. He could feel the room, see light coming through the window. He reached out with the sense easiest to use while in VR --- sonar (humans didn't have that advantage, and it was occasionally nice to be able to look around while still playing. He senses the state of his fellow passengers....

He takes the VR off, and inspects the motionless bodies...
__________________
Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #8
samd6
 
samd6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Default Re: [IC] The Fall

Wilda tries cycling though various channels. Nothing.
"Ow. Everybody okay?"
__________________
James Soltis Wilda
Essential Skills
samd6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:22 AM   #9
Sriseru
 
Sriseru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sweden
Default Re: [IC] The Fall

[OOC: The GM rolls against Kilrathi's Perception.]

Kilrathi, you see three of the passengers sit motionless in their seats, but the other two seem to be fine. You also happen to spot a small red lever in the ceiling at the front of the dimly lit vactrain capsule.

Rechit, the bodies sit motionless in their seats and are unresponsive. The eyes of the cyborgs look empty and their mouths both hang open. However, they have too many augmentations to allow you to check their pulse.
Sriseru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:34 AM   #10
Poonbahbah
 
Poonbahbah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: in or about Tucson, Az
Default Re: [IC] The Fall

Getting up from the back of the capsule Kilrathi ambles forward saying, "I'm fine." He'll nudge one of three unresponsive and add, "But I don't think these three are. Those screams could not of been good."

When/if the others start talking about figuring a way out he will point them to the small red lever.
__________________
TJ, O, J, Alex

Last edited by Poonbahbah; 12-08-2013 at 06:01 AM.
Poonbahbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
the fall

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.