Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 10-03-2013, 09:19 AM   #1
TheDarkFox

Default Do I get Treasures from a removed Monster if Friendship Potion is played?

I was playing as a wizard.. And I had a monster beat.. but someone "mated" it... I used the "Polymorph potion" card to make one of the disappear.. after I used that however.. one of the other players played the "friendship potion"card... the argument at this point was whether or not I still get the treasures from the monster I polymorphed? They didn't allow me to collect them and I got screwed out of 5 treasures! Should I have been allowed to seeing as how when I polymorphed that monster it would have "turned into a parrot and flown away leaving its treasure behind"?

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 10-03-2013 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Removed extra question and references to previous question
TheDarkFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Do I get Treasures from a removed Monster if Friendship Potion is played?

I moved this question to its own thread and gave it a descriptive title that matched the question so future questioners will be able to find the question and the eventual answer. We prefer that unrelated questions be asked in their own thread and given descriptive titles so that searching is simplified for all our members.

I feel this has been asked and answered recently, so I'm looking before I offer up an answer that might conflict with current thinking, as opposed to offering up my old-school ruling...
MiB #1029

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 10-03-2013 at 10:19 AM.
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:22 AM   #3
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Do I get Treasures from a removed Monster if Friendship Potion is played?

Not recently, it seems, but a long time back, and it matches my more recent thought: You get to keep the Treasures from a monster that was removed by Pollymorph Potion (or a charm spell, or some similar Monster removal mechanism that leaves Treasure behind), but nothing from any of the Monsters still in combat when Friendship Potion was played.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #4
TheDarkFox

So I would have gotten those treasures?! Dang! I'll have no make sure i never get hosed by that again.. Thanks for the response!
TheDarkFox is offline   Reply With Quote