Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 07-24-2013, 08:51 AM   #1
kjamma4

Default People's Motors Bugg

People’s Motors introduced their Bugg model in 2055 to rave reviews. The makeup of the vehicle was nothing extraordinary but the shape of the vehicle as well as the low price instantly appealed to younger drivers (and those eager to recapture their youth.)

The popularity of the vehicle spawned a cottage industry of those modifying their cars to make their own individual Buggs with the only thing in common being the distinctive rounded shape. Many of these would never be seen in an arena or used for serious road cars but rather capture the whimsy of their Bugg-inspired names.

Base Bugg -- Compact, Standard chassis, Heavy suspension, 100 cid engine, 15-gal Economy Tank, 4 Heavy-Duty tires, Driver w/SWC, 3 Passengers, 2 Linked Machine Guns Front, Plastic Armor: F30, L30, R30, B30, T10, U10, Gear Allocation: [30 lbs. @ Top Speed 60], Acceleration 5, Top Speed 62.5, HC 3, 3670 lbs., $9900

The standard model from People’s Motors.

Doodle Bugg -- Compact, Standard chassis, Heavy suspension, 100 cid engine, 15-gal Economy Tank, 4 Heavy-Duty tires, Driver w/SWC, 2 Linked Machine Guns Front, Paint Spray Left, Paint Spray Right, Paint Spray Back, Link (2x Machine Gun Front, All PSs), Link (All PSs), Plastic Armor: F42, L39, R39, B42, T10, U10, Acceleration 5, Top Speed 60, HC 3, 3697 lbs., $12496

The owner of this was fined $500 and ordered to perform community service scrubbing the sides of the buildings he painted bright red!

Fire Bugg -- Compact, Heavy chassis, Heavy suspension, 100 cid engine w/VP Turbocharger, 10-gal Racing Tank, 4 Heavy-Duty Radial tires, Driver, Bumper-Triggered Heavy-Duty Flamethrower Front w/10 shots High-Temperature, Bumper-Triggered Flaming Oil Jet Back, Spoiler, Airdam, Link (Heavy-Duty Flamethrower Front, Flaming Oil Jet Back), Plastic Armor: F40, L35, R35, B40, T9, U10, Gear Allocation: [39 lbs.], Acceleration 10, Top Speed 67.5, HC 4 (5 @60mph), 4031 lbs., $14947

Better have plenty of ointment when you go up against this Bugg.

Litter Bugg -- Compact, Standard chassis, Heavy suspension, 100 cid engine, 15-gal Economy Tank, 4 Heavy-Duty tires, Driver w/SWC, 2 Linked Machine Guns Front, Junk Dropper Left, Junk Dropper Right, Junk Dropper Back, Link (All JDs), Link (2x Machine Gun Front, Junk Dropper Back, Junk Dropper Left, Junk Dropper Right), Plastic Armor: F33, L30, R30, B32, T10, U10, Gear Allocation: [75 lbs. @ Top Speed 60], Acceleration 5, Top Speed 62.5, HC 3, 3625 lbs., $10215

Be careful of local laws regarding dropped weapons – littering may get you a big fine.

Stink Bugg -- Compact, Standard chassis, Heavy suspension, 100 cid engine, 15-gal Economy Tank, 4 Heavy-Duty tires, Driver w/SWC, 2 Linked Machine Guns Front, Smokescreen Left w/10 shots Tear Gas, Smokescreen Right w/10 shots Tear Gas, Smokescreen Back w/10 shots Tear Gas, Link (All SSs), Link (2x Machine Gun Front, Smokescreen Back, Smokescreen Left, Smokescreen Right), Plastic Armor: F33, L30, R30, B32, T10, U10, Gear Allocation: [225 lbs. @ Top Speed 60], Acceleration 5, Top Speed 65, HC 3, 3475 lbs., $11415

While you may smile when you see a Bugg, this is one Bugg that may make you cry.

Slug Bugg -- Compact, Extra-Heavy chassis, Heavy suspension, 250 cid engine w/VP Turbocharger, 15-gal Economy Tank, 4 Puncture-Resistant Radial tires, Driver, Spoiler, Airdam, Sloped Plastic Armor: F125 (Ramplate), L30, R30, B30, T9, U9, Cargo: [1 space and 37 lbs.], Acceleration 15, Top Speed 112.5, HC 4 (5 @60mph), 4403 lbs., $19994

This little Bugg packs a punch.

Lightning Bugg -- Compact, Heavy chassis, Heavy suspension, 100 cid engine w/Tubular Headers, Laser Battery, 15-gal Economy Tank, 4 Heavy-Duty tires, Driver w/SWC, Heavy Laser Front, Plastic Armor: F33, L30, R30, B32, T10, U10, Cargo: [1 space and 120 lbs.], Acceleration 5, Top Speed 60, HC 3, 3950 lbs., $20115

This is one Bugg you don’t want to catch on a summer’s evening.

Speed Bugg -- Compact, Extra-Heavy chassis, Heavy suspension, Thundercat power plant w/PC & SC, 4 Heavy-Duty Radial tires, Driver, Spoiler, Airdam, Plastic Armor: F26, L26, R20, B20, T11, U10, Acceleration 15, Top Speed 227.5, HC 4 (5 @60mph), 4440 lbs., $24919

This is one Bugg you may not be able to catch.

Jitter Bugg -- Compact, Extra-Heavy chassis, Heavy Active suspension, Super power plant w/PC & SC, 4 Puncture-Resistant Slick tires, Driver, 2 Linked Machine Guns Front, Heavy-Duty Shocks, Heavy-Duty Brakes, Antilock Brakes, Spoiler, Airdam, Plastic Armor: F30, L30, R30, B30, T11, U10, Acceleration 10, Top Speed 142.5, HC 6 (7 @60mph), 4436 lbs., $22233

This Bugg can skitter all around the road.

Flu Bugg -- Compact, Standard chassis, Heavy suspension, 100 cid engine, 15-gal Economy Tank, 4 Heavy-Duty tires, Driver w/SWC, 2 Linked Machine Guns Front, Gas Streamer Left w/2 shots Toxin, Gas Streamer Right w/2 shots Toxin, Gas Streamer Back w/2 shots Toxin, Link (All GSs), Plastic Armor: F43, L35, R35, B37, T10, U10, Acceleration 5, Top Speed 60, HC 3, 3700 lbs., $70640

A sad addition to the Bugg family. The driver of this vehicle (whose license plate actually was FLU BUGG), killed twelve people in a string of week-long attacks before he was apprehended and summarily executed by the Texas Highway Patrol. His vehicle is now on display in their museum in Dallas.
kjamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #2
TheChin!

Default Re: People's Motors Bugg

Strong work, something I would have loved to have read in an ADQ.
TheChin! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:52 AM   #3
juris

I'll add the Base Bug to AM's stock vehicle list if you write some funny designer's notes :)
juris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #4
kjamma4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChin! View Post
Strong work, something I would have loved to have read in an ADQ.
Thank you.

My rambling (sorry) and long-winded (sorry-er) story about this.

Many years ago I recall seeing in a modeler's magazine an article about a modeler who combined parts from a Volkswagen Beetle and a Porshe 911 to make a unique model.

For some odd reason, I got to thinking about creating a bunch of Volkswagen models based on famous movie cars. Further odd thought led me to an idea where Herbie (of Love Bug fame) would audition to play the parts of other famous vehicles but was rejected. Imagine a VW decked out like the Trans Am in Smokey and the Bandit, the General Lee from Dukes of Hazzard (General Vee?), and even the EM-50 from Stripes. The final vehicle would be a beat up Bug representing Herbie as he is now, a dejected former star now down on his luck.

[I swear - I've never taken drugs in my life.]

I have about 100 Micro Machines vehicles I use for Car Wars and I have about five different Volkswagen Beetles. This idea of a parade of VWs eventually morphed into creating a bunch of vehicles for Car Wars using the Madhat program. However, I never got around to doing anything with them, primarily because I didn't have the time to do decent schematics.

With the advent of the Car Wars Combat Garage (awesome program), I resurrected these old files (had to find the CD I had archived them on about three computers ago - the files are dated 2004!) I then used the program to remake them and figured I'd post them here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juris View Post
I'll add the Base Bug to AM's stock vehicle list if you write some funny designer's notes :)
I'll attempt to do that. I have all of them saved on my personal list now.

Last edited by kjamma4; 07-24-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #5
kjamma4

I had a few other names of bugs and beetles but I never designed the corresponding vehicles (anyone feel free to do so):

Bed Bug - some sort of camper?
Computer Bug - electronics?
June Bug - ?
Lady Bug - ?
Shutter Bug - surveillance?
Dung Beetle - massive amounts of dropped weapons?
Goliath Beetle - ?
Rhinoceros Beetle - ?
Water Beetle - ?
Old 07-24-2013, 10:47 AM   #6
juris

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjamma4 View Post

I'll attempt to do that. I have all of them saved on my personal list now.
Save it as a stock vehicle
Old 07-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #7
swordtart

Surely the June Bugg would be an off-roader (dune-bugg) ;)

Water bug - amphibious mod from UACFH.

Assassin bugg (lots of Anti-Personnel weapons/ammo)

And in the UK we have the stag beetle (that is crying out for bumper spikes) this may be the same as the rhinoceros.
swordtart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #8
juris

It's up :)

And of course you must have...

Baja Bug:
Compact, Standard chassis, Off-Road suspension, 100 cid engine, 15-gal Economy Tank, 4 Off-Road Heavy-Duty tires, Driver w/SWC, 2 Passengers, 2 Linked Machine Guns Front, Roll Cage, Plastic Armor: F30, L28, R28, B30, T10, U10, Acceleration 5, Top Speed 60, HC 2, 3696 lbs., $12228

Preferably with a bike and/or surfboard rack (instead of a second passenger?) :)

And where gas is scarce:

Electric Bugaloo
Compact, Standard chassis, Heavy suspension, Medium power plant, 4 Heavy-Duty tires, Driver, 2 Passengers, 2 Linked Machine Guns Front, Plastic Armor: F25, L24, R24, B25, T7, U10, Acceleration 5, Top Speed 97.5, HC 3, 3700 lbs., $6945

BTW you can customize any stock design by hitting the 'customize' button (such an amazing tool)

Last edited by juris; 07-24-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #9
43Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjamma4 View Post
Many years ago I recall seeing in a modeler's magazine an article about a modeler who combined parts from a Volkswagen Beetle and a Porshe 911 to make a unique model.
Well, the 911 does have in its DNA the Beetle, so....

Some interesting ideas in those.

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote