Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Resources

Old 07-17-2013, 02:27 PM   #1
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Default GURPS Game Aids: Computer Programs

This is the right place to post descriptions of and links to executable game aids for computers (Linux, Mac, PC, etc.). Per our online policy, we do not currently give permission for mobile apps (be they for Android, Blackberry, iOS, or something else).

Warning: Links to malicious content – such as viruses and trojans – will trigger immediate deletion and a permanent ban without appeal.
Kromm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:00 AM   #2
ClayDowling

Default Re: GURPS Game Aids: Computer Programs

My significantly less cool but still useful calculator for Windows, OSX and Linux: http://www.obrienscafe.com/gurps-combat-calculator.html
Old 07-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #3
ClayDowling

Default Powerstone Calculator

My own attempt at a powerstone calculator:

http://www.obrienscafe.com/powerstone-calculator.html

Includes C source code and compilation instructions, Windows and OSX binaries.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #4
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Where do Javascript applications fall? are they part of what included here?
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:30 PM   #5
dripton

Dungeon Fantasy random character generator.

https://github.com/dripton/dfrandom

Python command-line script. Should work on any OS with a Python interpreter available.

Only supports the templates in DF1 so far.
dripton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:19 AM   #6
nick_coffin

Ritual Path Magic ritual cost calculator:

http://gurps-monsterhunters.appspot.com

Although this is a web app (JavaScript) it uses the HTML5 manifest to cache the entire application in your browser's cache, which means it is accessible offline. Just visit the above URL while you are online, and after the app loads, bookmark it. You can then access it even if not connected to the net by loading that bookmark.

It features a power-gathering random dice roller as well - just enter the amount of energy to gather, and the caster's effective skill, and it will generate all the rolls needed to gather the energy, tracking the amount of time needed, energy gathered on each roll, number of quirks, etc.
nick_coffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:28 AM   #7
nick_coffin

I just released version 4 of the GURPS Ritual Path Magic Designer web application (http://gurps-monsterhunters.appspot.com/).

It fully supports the rules in GURPS Thaumatology: Ritual Path Magic and outputs your own rituals in the same format as that book.

New with this version is the ability to type directly into the Modifier fields instead of clicking the + and - buttons.

Those fields support a fairly lenient syntax - you can type 2000 lbs, 2000#, 2000 pounds, or 2 tons for subject weight, for instance.

Many of the fields support multiple conversions - Duration, for example, supports minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, or years with full conversions between units. For example, you can type in 24 months, 104 weeks, 730 days, 17520 hours, or 1051200 hours, and the app will convert any of those to 2 years.
nick_coffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:27 PM   #8
Christopher R. Rice

Nick, you did a damn good job - you should be proud. This is a fine piece of code.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:12 PM   #9
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)

Not GURPS specific, but I find this app (Multi timer -stopwatch & timer) to be very handy for tracking luck usage at my table. It also has a rather clean design.
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:58 PM   #10
haplessthrall

Here's a web app we use for all of our GURPS gaming sessions -- it's got a little bit of everything (everything we need, anyway), developed over years of us figuring out what utilities we needed as we played and what failsafes we needed. Features:

* There's an over-all game timer for capturing how long a game session is (and can be paused for dinner breaks etc.). The game timer even keeps going if the browser crashes or the power goes out and your computer dies.

* A page for "mini-timers" (mainly for luck usage) that key off the main timer, so if the game clock stops the character's luck won't regenerate inappropriately.

* A page for writing down game notes, which includes backups for in case you accidentally delete things or the power goes out or etc.

* A simple dice roller in case you're somewhere where there's no dice available (what a dreadful thought!).

* A page for saving worksheets of calculations (for instance, all the pluses and minuses for casting a specific spell).

It's all HTML5 and uses offline storage, so once you've viewed the app once it should be available even if you're offline. Timers, worksheets, notes, etc., are all saved to the local computer.

It's optimized for Safari, though should also run fine on Chrome or Firefox. Not tested on Opera, and all bets are off if you're using IE. Also, if you're using it on iOS and save it to the home screen, it will run in fullscreen mode.

http://www.buffalogalsnm.com/gamepad/

Enjoy!
haplessthrall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
programs, resources