Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-27-2005, 08:31 PM   #1
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Default Marvel's Power Pack

Inspired by the Fantastic Four thread I decided to play with my new Book , and build the power pack. due to the Inspiration I will start with Franklin.

Sources , own comic reading and FASERIP MSH stats 8)

Tattletale [431 + Fnord]
Franklin Richard

American male mutant; SM -2; Age 6.

Attributes:ST 6 [-40]; DX 8 [-40]; IQ 8 [-40]; HT 10 [0].
Secondary Characteristics: Damage 1d-4/1d-3; BL 7.2 lbs.; HP 6 [0]; Will 16 [40]; Per 11 [35]; FP 10 [0]; Basic Speed 4.5 [0]; Basic Move 4 [0].

Subtotal : -45

Advantages: Patron (Fantastic 4) 20 point base , FoA 6 or less, expensive equipment +100%, Special abilities +100% [30], Reputation +2 (arguably the most powerful mutant ever born) (Super afnardo(large group), 10 or less) [3].

Subtotal : 33

Powers:
Biofeedback (organics): Affliction (7) (Agony +100% , Mindsheild instead of DR +50%, link +10%, Based on Will +20%, psi -10%, Mutant -10%, Accessiblity (Not on Machines) -5%, Accessiblity (only in Dreamself) -10%) [172]
Biofeedback (inorganics): Innate Attack (7d Burn) Link +10%, Mindsheild instead of DR +50%, Surge +20%, Accessibility (Only on Machines) -20%, Accessblity (only in dreamself) -10%, psi -10%, Mutant -10% [46]
Dreamself: Clairsentience Projection +140%, Based on Will +20% Increased Range 14 +140% Visible -10%, Accessibility (Only when asleep) -30% Psi -10%, Mutant -10% [170]
Precognition: Passive only -20% Psi -10%, Mutant -10% [15]
Talent (Mutant) 4 [60]

Costume: Stick (Costume) [1], Payload (2)(Cosmic (dimensional pocket) +50%, Can be stolen (forcibly removed) -10%, Accessibility (in costume) -10%) [26], Tempature Tolerance (6) (Cold) (Can be stolen (forcibly removed) -10%, Accessibility (in costume) -10%) [5], Jumper (world) One way to Elsewhere only -50% Costume stays behind -30% [20]

Reality Manipulation: Self Imposed mental blocked out (-50%) [Fnord]

Subtotal: 515 + Fnord

Disadvantages: Code of Honor (Heroes) [-15], Enemies (FF enemies,Intent: Bait 2/3, 6-) [-10], Guilt Complex [-5], Pacifism (Cannot Harm innocents) [-10], Quirk (Emotion Control of a young child) [-1], Social Stigma (Minor) [-5], Social Stigma (Mutant) [Based on Monster] [-15].

Subtotal: -70

While his Family counts as some extreamly Powerful Patrons, on disadvantage is they normally off saving the world so he spends a lot of time a the Power residence. [before that he had the Avenger's butler Jeeves as a babysitter, and before the a powerful witch as a nanny, this as after he blow up his robotic nanny]. Mr & Mrs Power are aware who Franklin is, though do don't know their own children are the Power Pack.

Notes:

Biofeedback is achieved by making the nerves and circuits to disrupt, misfire, and charges to jump, use of This power will make Franklin's Eyes to brightly glow greenish-purple.

Dreamself: Regardless of what he is wearing in his real body, his Dreamself will be wearing his Power Pack Tattletale costume.

Costume: His Costume is of alien origin, provided the Kymellian Smartship Friday. it will dimensionally swap places (to a dimension called Elsewhere) with what ever clothes he is currently wearing, at the verbal command of "Costume(s) On" giving by any member of the Power Pack. while it or the clothes is in elsewhere it will be mended and cleaned instantiausly from the perspective of wearer. elsewhere can also resize the costume to fit the wearer. It is possible to crawl into a pocket of his costume and travel to Elsewhere, but you need to find another way back and the costume does not come with you.

Last edited by roguebfl; 12-27-2005 at 10:56 PM. Reason: edit for correction and suggestions
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 08:58 PM   #2
naloth

Default Re: Mavel's Power Pack

I'ld up his IQ and DX to at least 10. It really doesn't work well to have characters that are low in both skill bases. Besides Franklin is more capable (physically and mentally) than a normal boy.

Quote:
Biofeedback (organics): Affliction (7) (Agony +100% , Mindsheild instead of DR +50%, link +10%, Based on Will +20%, psi -10%, Mutant -10%, Accessiblity (Not on Machines) -5%, Accessiblity (only in Dreamself) -10%) [172]
Instead of "Mindshield instead of DR" and "Based on Will" you should use Malediction instead with a limitation that Mindshield adds to resistance.

I don't believe that "not on machines" is really worth anything since most afflications don't work on machines.

Quote:
Biofeedback (inorganics): Innate Attack (7d Burn) Link +10%, Mindsheild instead of DR +50%, Surge +20%, Accessibility (Only on Machines) -20%, psi -10%, Mutant -10% [49]
No "only in Dreamself" - I cannot remember I just thought it was the same ability.

"Mindshield instead of DR" should be "Cosmic +300% ignores DR" with a limitation that Mindshield does work as DR. Most machines (or people) won't have Mindshield in high levels like DR since it's only really useful to get your total will up to 20ish.
naloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 09:06 PM   #3
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

I based his IQ and dex based on the Children Stats info in the basic set.

and Affction do work on machines unless it is it does something thes doesn't work on them.

like Agony, would have the incompaity aboitly but not the fatigue lost [as matines don't use fatigue], hense the limation.

the reason I didn't use maldiction is I wanted to give him the chanse to miss.

but you're right i missed a lot of the limation on the inorgaic vertion. but it is the same ability [hence the link]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebfl
ok that line of though made me Think how much of an enhacment would it be fore an affection/innate attack to be affected by mind shield intseaed of DR ? [sort of a 1/2 way step to maldictions]
Probably +50%, like halfway to Malediction. That's fair, really . . . it's a lot like Respiratory Agent, in that those without a special defense have no protection.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:21 PM   #4
naloth

Quote:
I based his IQ and dex based on the Children Stats info in the basic set.
Ok, but he's not an average child. I'ld give him a bump.

Quote:
the reason I didn't use maldiction is I wanted to give him the chanse to miss.
Then it sounds like you need Cosmic +300%, ignores DR.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:31 PM   #5
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth
Ok, but he's not an average child. I'ld give him a bump.

Then it sounds like you need Cosmic +300%, ignores DR.
Well Give his IQ a small bump but not seen any indecation his phyical cordation is byound his age though 8)

as for the cosmic DR, thats why I Kromm about what would it cost fir mind shield insead of DR [and quoted his answer] also remeber , Mind shield is that un common in marvel, Iven physcal powered villian like juggernught, magneto and the like have been known to have it.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:59 AM   #6
naloth

Quote:
as for the cosmic DR, thats why I Kromm about what would it cost fir mind shield insead of DR [and quoted his answer] also remeber , Mind shield is that un common in marvel, Iven physcal powered villian like juggernught, magneto and the like have been known to have it.
Perhaps, but they aren't usually taken in the same quantities.

It's common to have DR 10-30 to protect from guns and such. DR less than 5 is pretty minimal against super attacks.

You rarely take more than 6 levels of Mind Shield though. Base IQ 10 + 6 MS 10 gives you a 16 defense which is the max any attacker can use against you. Unless it's very common to use MS as DR instead of actual DR, there will be relatively few characters that can use MS to ward off attacks unlike DR.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:04 PM   #7
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

as we stated with the younges member let's go up to the next one up, haven't finished yet, so this is a work in progress.

-Added Atreyu_Hibiki suggestion of that DR be changed to an Active defence
-Added Cost Fatigue price fix.
-Added Innate Attack Skill
-Added Honest Face
-Fixed DR level (so that she may absorb her own Power ball)
-Added Secret ID

Energizer [821 so far]
Katie Power

American female altered human; SM -2; Age 6

Attributes:ST 6 [-40]; DX 7 [-60]; IQ 11 [20]; HT 10 [0].
Secondary Characteristics: Damage 1d-4/1d-3; BL 7.2 lbs.; HP 6 [0]; Will 11 [0]; Per 11 [0]; FP 10 [0]; Basic Speed 4.25 [0]; Basic Move 4 [0].

Subtotal: -80

Advantages: Honest Face [1]; Patron (Parents) [30]

Subtotal: 31

Powers:
  • Disintegration: Innate Attack [0d+20 cor] base 60 (Destructive parry +10%; Kymellian Powers -10%; Melee attack C -30%; Uncontrollable -30%; Variable +5% ) [27]
    Leech [20] base 101 (Accelerated Healing, +25%; Cosmic, Disregards Target Restriction, +50%; Follow Up, Disintegration -60%; Kymellian Powers -10%; No Wounding, -50%; Only Heals Energy Reserve, -20%; Variable, +5%) [41] Note: For every point of damage the Innate Attack does to Targets HP or DR, it will recharge the Energy Reserve by an Equal amount.
  • Energy Reserve (Kymellian) [60] Base 180 (Nuisance Effect, Obvious - Glows -5%; Special Recharge -70% ) [45]
  • Absorption (Electric): Damage Reistance [216] Base 1080 (Active Defense, -40%; Absorption Healing Only +80%; Kymellian Powers -10%; Limited, Electricty Only -40%; Nuisance Effect, Obvious - Glows -5%) [918]
  • Power Balls: Innate Attack [6dx6 Burn] Base 180 ( Cost Fatigue, ER only -95%; Elemental -10%; Kymellian Powers -10%; Nuisance Effect, Obvious - Glows -5%; Side Effect, Stunning +50%; Surge +20%; Uncontrollable -30%; Variable +5%) [45] Note costs 1ER per die
    Innate Attack [0d+3 Burn] Base 5 ( Cost Fatigue, ER only -80%; Elemental -10%; Kymellian Powers -10%;Nuisance Effect, Obvious - Glows -5%; Rapid Fire, Multi-Shot 30, Selective fire +160% Side Effect, Stunning +50%; Surge +20%; Uncontrollable -30%; Variable +5%) [10/5 = 2] Note: Each Shot takes one ER.
  • Regeneration: (Very Fast) Base 100 ( Kymellian Powers -10%; Requires Conentration -15%; Sibling Cominding power +0% ) [75]
  • Costume: Stick (Costume) [1], Payload (2)(Cosmic (dimensional pocket) +50%, Can be stolen (forcibly removed) -10%, Accessibility (in costume) -10%) [26], Tempature Tolerance (6) (Cold) (Can be stolen (forcibly removed) -10%, Accessibility (in costume) -10%) [5], Jumper (world) One way to Elsewhere only -50% Costume stays behind -30% [20]

Note: Kymellian Powers, Can be affected by Nuturlize (Muntant) but does not detect as a muntant. Though special Scanners can detected if they know what they are looking for.

Subtotal: 923

Disadvantages: Code of Honor (Heroes) [-15], Dead Broke [-25], Secret Identity(Uttr rejection) [-10], Social Stigma (Minor) [-5]

Subtotal: -55

Skills: Innate Attack (Projectile) DX+1 [2]-8

Subtotal: 2

Last edited by roguebfl; 12-31-2006 at 12:17 AM. Reason: to make corrections and suggestions
Old 07-03-2006, 01:28 AM   #8
Atreyu_Hibiki

Quote:
Energizer [274 so far]
Katie Power

American female altered human; SM -2; Age 7

Attributes:ST 6 [-40]; DX 8 [-40]; IQ 8 [-40]; HT 10 [0].
Secondary Characteristics: Damage 1d-4/1d-3; BL 7.2 lbs.; HP 6 [0]; Will 11 [0]; Per 11 [0]; FP 10 [0]; Basic Speed 4.5 [0]; Basic Move 4 [0].

Subtotal: -120

Advantages: Patron (Parents) [30]

Subtotal: 30

Powers:
  • Disintegration: Corrosive Attack 0d+20, base 60 (Destructive parry +10%; Kymellian Powers -10%; Melee attack C -30%; Uncontrollable -30%; Variable +5%) [27]
    Leech [20] base 101 (Accelerated Healing, +25%; Cosmic, Disregards Target Restriction, +50%; Follow Up, Disintegration -60%; Kymellian Powers -10%; No Wounding, -50%; Only Heals Energy Reserve, -20%; Variable, +5%) [41] Note: For every point of damage the Innate Attack does to Targets HP or DR, it will recharge the Energy Reserve by an Equal amount.
  • Energy Reserve (Kymellian) 20, Base 60 (Nuisance Effect, Obvious - Glows, -5%; Special Recharge -70%) [15]
  • Absorption (Electric): Damage Resistance 40, Base 200 (Absorption Healing Only +80%; Kymellian Powers -10%; Limited, Electricty Only -40%; Nuisance Effect, Obvious - Glows -5%; Active Defense, -40%) [170]
  • Large Power Balls: Burning Attack 6dx6, Base 180 (Costs 20 FP, ER only, -100%; Elemental, -10%; Kymellian Powers -10%; Nuisance Effect, Obvious - Glows -5%; Side Effect, Stunning +50%; Surge +20%; Uncontrollable -30%; Variable +5%) [36]
  • Small Power Balls:Burning Attack 0d+3, Base 5 (Cost 1 FP, ER only -5%; Elemental, -10%; Kymellian Powers -10%; Nuisance Effect, Obvious - Glows -5%; Rapid Fire, Multi-Shot 30, Selective fire, +160%; Side Effect, Stunning +50%; Surge +20%; Uncontrollable -30%; Variable +5%) [14/5 = 3] Note: Each Shot takes one ER.
  • Regeneration: (Very Fast) Base 100 (Kymellian Powers -10%; Requires Conentration -15%; Sibling Combining power +0%; Accessibility, Siblings must be together, -10%) [65]
  • Costume: Schtick (Costume) [1], Payload (2)(Cosmic (dimensional pocket) +50%, Can be stolen (forcibly removed) -10%, Accessibility (in costume) -10%) [26], Tempature Tolerance (6) (Cold) (Can be stolen (forcibly removed) -10%, Accessibility (in costume) -10%) [5], Jumper (world) One way to Elsewhere only -50% Costume stays behind -30% [20]
Note: Kymellian Powers, Can be affected by Neutralize (Mutant) but does not detect as a mutant. Though special Scanners can detected if they know what they are looking for.

Subtotal: 409

Disadvantages: Code of Honor (Heroes) [-15], Dead Broke [-25], Social Stigma (Minor) [-5]

Subtotal: -45

Skills:
I like what you've done, rogue. I made a few modifications for thoughts. Each modification has been bolded. Here's my justification on each change:

Katie is incredibly bright for her age, but most kids her age are probably IQ 6. Not because they're dumb, but because they simply don't have the knowledge or experience that would grant a high IQ score in GURPS. Remember, GURPS IQ 10 assumes you have standard training for a human adult in your culture, and Katie's not out of First Grade yet. (Or was it Kindergarten...? Ah, well. Point still stands.) Thus, I lowered her IQ to 8.

Her Electricity DR is an activated power; it doesn't help her if she doesn't see it coming. Thus I added the Active Defense modifier from Powers to it. I wonder if she really has DR 40 in it, too, but I left this alone.

The Large Power Ball empties her ER completely instead of simply costing 1 FP. This lowered it's cost immensely. I also lowered the size of her Energy Reserve to match.

I'm not sure how to make the FP cost on the Small Power Balls function quite right, and I'm also not positive on the cost of the Accessibility for the Regeneration. Requiring the presence of three specific other people to utilize a power seems quite limiting to me, but I could be wrong.

Any other thoughts on this?
Atreyu_Hibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:27 AM   #9
Hex
Banned

I loved Power Pack...(It's first incarnation) I always thought it was a very underated comic.
Hex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 05:24 AM   #10
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreyu_Hibiki
Katie is incredibly bright for her age, but most kids her age are probably IQ 6. Not because they're dumb, but because they simply don't have the knowledge or experience that would grant a high IQ score in GURPS. Remember, GURPS IQ 10 assumes you have standard training for a human adult in your culture, and Katie's not out of First Grade yet. (Or was it Kindergarten...? Ah, well. Point still stands.) Thus, I lowered her IQ to 8.
It the latest issues she is not only out of kindergarten, but she has Skipped 2 Grades. also based on the info on building children Children her age shoul have ~ 75-80% of the adult IQ.

http://home.comcast.net/~rogue-bfl/GURPS_Children.gif

Quote:
Her Electricity DR is an activated power; it doesn't help her if she doesn't see it coming. Thus I added the Active Defence modifier from Powers to it. I wonder if she really has DR 40 in it, too, but I left this alone.
You might have a point about Active Defence, but I can't remember any time she been attack with Electricity that she didn't see it coming. and yes it DR 40 She can Absorb a Lighting Bolt from Thor/Beta Ray Bill [Secrete Wars II]

Quote:
The Large Power Ball empties her ER completely instead of simply costing 1 FP. This lowered it's cost immensely. I also lowered the size of her Energy Reserve to match.
Here you are wrong, not in concept but in rules. Cost Fatigue -10% ( -5% for their the average FP cost of 1/level + 5% for ER only + Variable 5% does not mean the biggest the Power Ball coast 1 ER, it means 1 ER per level of the power used. hence the biggest power ball does use 36 ER.

this is from GURPS Powers.

Quote:
I'm not sure how to make the FP cost on the Small Power Balls function quite right, and I'm also not positive on the cost of the Accessibility for the Regeneration. Requiring the presence of three specific other people to utilize a power seems quite limiting to me, but I could be wrong.

Any other thoughts on this?
The ER cost of the mini power like wise cost 1 ER per shot, nearly empting the ER.

the Limitation on the Regeneration is not that she need the presence of her Sibling to heal, but that the Can explicitly use the Combining powers optional rule in Powers to link their Regenerations to heal faster. Notably during the Snark War Katie Healed herself when she was separated from her team-mates

Last edited by roguebfl; 07-03-2006 at 10:53 AM. Reason: clarifying some points