Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 01-31-2013, 09:54 PM   #1
All_Thumbs

Default Magnificent Hat, Occasionally Reliable Amulet

If I'm wearing both the Magnificent Hat and the Occasionally Reliable Amulet, and then I draw a Curse...

Will one or the other of my Items automatically take over before the other one, or do I get to choose which one handles the Curse?

If I get to choose, and I choose the Amulet (hoping to roll a 6 and gain a level), but I roll a 1-3, what happens? It says the curse "takes effect..." but does that mean it affects ME, or that my Magnificent Hat now reflects it to someone else?

Is there any way to know which Item (whether it's these two or some other combination) "takes over" or is, shall I say, more powerful than the other? Or is it just a rare thing that the table can decide as needed?
All_Thumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:00 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Magnificent Hat, Occasionally Reliable Amulet

You choose which Item works first, in this case. Where you would not get to choose is when an Item specifically says that you are not hit by a Curse under certain circumstances (such as, Sandals of Protection, which prevent you from being hit by a Curse found when you kick down the door).
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote