Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 11:07 PM   #11
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: [IC] Assault on Bunker 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
A loud clicking sound emits from the machine, then it stutters the following words: "And. Good. Will. Toward. Men."
The response takes Naseem back for a bit, trying to figure out just what the machine meant. Perhaps .... there it was. From one of the Christian's books, he thought. An ironic quote to bring up at the moment, but the thing was made in america. He pauses to look at the large machine.

"So you have a sense of humor in your iron belly, Piece? Peace is rather elusive, but it is possible to kill with peace, and to destroy with it. Though I suspect this piece will kill faster than that peace."

One of Naseem's wizard eyes catches a familiar face, and he spins off an illusion to continue the conversation with the metal figure, and walks off shrouded by a different spell. Once out of sight of the ... no, it is not a golem... he reappears and approaches an old acquaintance:

"Xanthus! you would be the one who makes it this world of barbarians. They're almost as uncouth as the Greeks of Athens! What road leads your path to cross with mine yet again?"
__________________
Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:16 PM   #12
zoncxs
 
zoncxs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: earth....I think.
Default Re: [IC] Assault on Bunker 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Xanthus! you would be the one who makes it this world of barbarians. They're almost as uncouth as the Greeks of Athens! What road leads your path to cross with mine yet again?"
"But the woman! They were wild in Greece indeed!" Xanthus let's a grin spread on his face as he meets his very old friend. "I come to repay an old friend I met a while back, he needs my assistance and here I am, but to meet you as well, its either my lucky day or things will get interesting soon enough. And I go by my middle name now, Zervas remember? Its more catchy for the ladies than Xanthus now a days."
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:50 PM   #13
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: [IC] Assault on Bunker 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoncxs View Post
"But the woman! They were wild in Greece indeed!" Xanthus let's a grin spread on his face as he meets his very old friend. "I come to repay an old friend I met a while back, he needs my assistance and here I am, but to meet you as well, its either my lucky day or things will get interesting soon enough. And I go by my middle name now, Zervas remember? Its more catchy for the ladies than Xanthus now a days."
"Xanthus, you have have not changed much for a mortal. And its hard to break thousands of years of habit. I will strive to call you Zervas, but I'm certain I'll slip. And we had better hope you're lucky today. We've got a massive job on our hands. How involved have you been with the war?"
__________________
Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:14 AM   #14
zoncxs
 
zoncxs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: earth....I think.
Default Re: [IC] Assault on Bunker 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"Xanthus, you have have not changed much for a mortal. And its hard to break thousands of years of habit. I will strive to call you Zervas, but I'm certain I'll slip. And we had better hope you're lucky today. We've got a massive job on our hands. How involved have you been with the war?"
Zervas gives a blank stare, "what war? oh you me this small battle that's been going on, I haven't given it much thought till now since I was traveling. People trying to conquer other people is always happening, its just that now they have bigger weapons. still not big enought o fight gods and titans but they are getting there."
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #15
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: [IC] Assault on Bunker 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoncxs View Post
Zervas gives a blank stare, "what war? oh you me this small battle that's been going on, I haven't given it much thought till now since I was traveling. People trying to conquer other people is always happening, its just that now they have bigger weapons. still not big enought o fight gods and titans but they are getting there."
"Xa..Zervas, this battle is on a grander scale than has ever been seen. It makes the seige of troy appear as two quarlesome badgers: vicious, but small. It makes the might of alexander appear as a fox slaying a goat. You are seeing a bear face off hyaenas. The small animals are vicious, but there is no replacement for the Majesty of scope."

"Of course, I suppose you've been looking for trouble, and I suppose it all looks the same up close. I just don't look at it closely often, the cliffs get in the way of the mountain. Where have you journeyed any ways? I've been stuck in Palestine for 13 centuries."
__________________
Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #16
zoncxs
 
zoncxs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: earth....I think.
Default Re: [IC] Assault on Bunker 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"Xa..Zervas, this battle is on a grander scale than has ever been seen. It makes the seige of troy appear as two quarlesome badgers: vicious, but small. It makes the might of alexander appear as a fox slaying a goat. You are seeing a bear face off hyaenas. The small animals are vicious, but there is no replacement for the Majesty of scope."

"Of course, I suppose you've been looking for trouble, and I suppose it all looks the same up close. I just don't look at it closely often, the cliffs get in the way of the mountain. Where have you journeyed any ways? I've been stuck in Palestine for 13 centuries."
"This quarrel of man seems small when compared to the war of the gods, but when I think about it, this might compete with the old wars of human in times past for scale."

"After fighting man for so long and the gift of the gods to fight their battles even longer, it became hard to find worthy foes. I once traveled the realms with a god that could move through them as normal as walking on solid ground, but now I am back here on Earth once more."


"As for my travels, I have seen almost all of China, Japan, Africa, Australia, and The America's. I once got stranded on Antarctica for a few years, it was cold."
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #17
Skullcrusher
 
Skullcrusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Default Re: [IC] Assault on Bunker 23

OOC: Michael you linked me to the wrong character sheet...

As the 2 strange men are talking they hear a voice say "Sir I am gonna have to ask you to step away from the MAT! That is the property of the United States Government...." As they turn they see an very large human male standing 6'8" tall and very wide...adorn in a Star Spangled uniform....a very large machine gun hangs from his back and his hands are placed defiantly on his hips....one inches from a very large side arm. An unlit cigar hangs from his square jaw.
__________________
You can get more with a 2X4 and a kind word then with just a kind word!

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer

Last edited by Skullcrusher; 01-03-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #18
ErhnamDJ
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: OK
Default Re: [IC] Assault on Bunker 23

MAT snaps to attention. His right hand raises to a salute.
__________________
"For the rays, to speak properly, are not colored. In them there is nothing else than a certain power and disposition to stir up a sensation of this or that color." —Isaac Newton, Optics

My blog.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:07 PM   #19
Michael Thayne
 
Michael Thayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Default Re: [IC] Assault on Bunker 23

OOC: Well this is entertaining. Poonbahbah's the only one who hasn't gotten in on it. Poonbahbah, you're still in, right?
Michael Thayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #20
Poonbahbah
 
Poonbahbah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: in or about Tucson, Az
Default Re: [IC] Assault on Bunker 23

Close to the meeting place pops in some of the many minds (2 of 3 groups of 5) of Ms. Fairchild. The real Ms. Fairchild will be attending classes and otherwise going about her normal routine unless she thinks she's very needed. Anyways the 2 that show up will establish connections via Telesend with the 3 people there besides herself. She will then send them, Hello, I'm one of the people that helped confirm the existence of bunker 23 and now I'm here to help take it down. You all can call me... Gurdian Angel if you like. So, who are you all? She will add the following to Naseem alone, So you can go invisible too huh? Would you be willing to tell me what the deal with the mindless thing talkng to the Mat Jr. is? The other 4 minds of each group will each pick a target and attempt 4 mind readings on either Naseem or the Major (who's name I'm having trouble finding.)

OOC Still just lacking inspiration. Sorry to need prodding. Note: each set of 5 has 1 mind with 2 telesends on, 1 each with the other groups of minds. A different mind of the 2 nearby groups will establish connections with the other 3. Sorry Mat Jr. You don't count to me despite what you may think.

Telesend to The Major, Naseem, and Zervas and again for the other mind. Then 4 mind readings *2 vs 22 so capped at 16 vs 1 and 20 vs the other (3d6=10, 3d6=11, 3d6=15, 3d6=8, 3d6=10, 3d6=9, 3d6=15, 3d6=11, 3d6=12, 3d6=11, 3d6=11, 3d6=6, 3d6=13, 3d6=10) All telesends succeed. Zervas has to meet or beat 15, 11, 12, & 11 to not get mind read. Naseem has to meet or beet 10, 13, 6, & 11.
__________________
TJ, O, J, Alex
Poonbahbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.