Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-09-2012, 02:07 AM   #11
fifiste

Default Re: OOC - Isla de paraiso (low cp survival horror)

@pesterfiled
Yes true that. Actually Ward has whatever survival he needs for the region :D
I hadn't quite made my mind up if the island is tropical or temperate.
I guess tropical sounds cooler doesn't it (we can have a votey if needed)? So change that to jungle.
I do not actually remember where I dug out the slingshot stats. They are definetly not in the basic. Maybe in the high-tech.
If you can provide an accurate information on slingshot stats from some more or less official gurps book, then let me know and put it in.
@lemminglord
Laverne is on the top of my own list too. As you see all chars have the some equipment too. *
On Lavernes sheet there is mentioned a purse. I thought the flavour of the gizmos is = she has got a purse that just happens to be filled with all kinds of useful thing if you just look through it closely :D. I myself don't envision her very young actually. But those characteristics would of course be up to player. If you are not familiar with the name then it is a name from a nurse (with already quite a long career) from the Scrubs. Btw. Sorry for my pointless previous post.

@general
As for the characters you probably saw the rather uninspired naming :D. I mostly put the names of the fictional characters that first popped to mind on them. If there are any takers then they can supply their own names to the chars.
And I hope nobody is miffed because their favorite ficitinal character "is definetly nothing like this" :D.

On being miffed - as I think I don't know much about the location or the people, then let us say that the campaign is set on another alternate World that just vaguely resembles ours. So if there are some glaring geographical, cultural etc. errors or somesuch then, well ... there actually aren't the Alternate Earth (TM ) just looks like that.
Right now I would say the island is tropical. Placed in a region resembling our carribean and the tourist party is mainly composed of citizens of Alternate analogy of USofA.

*Disclaimer Gontarsky doesnt actually have a bunch of axes/maces/clubs on him. I put those there because those seem to be like easily obtainable items in the campaign and it would be good to have the stats ready.

Last edited by fifiste; 12-09-2012 at 06:09 AM.
fifiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #12
Pesterfield

TL Weapon Damage Acc Range Weight RoF Shots Cost ST Bulk
7 Slingshot 1d-1cr 1 60/100 1/0.05 1 1(2) $15 6 -2

lead/steel ammo gives +1 damage and doubles range.

Stats from High-Tech.

I've considered taking Tweety.
Pesterfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:22 AM   #13
fifiste

OK thats the stats for the slingshot. Looks like we have got one rather dangerously armed individual then at least. SA you have noticed I have maybe equipped ranger Ward much more heavily than others. For it not to bee too unfair. The code of honor scouts - etc. maybe someone can find and determine a better name and clearer definition. Should be something that would put him in taking risks to save others.

Ward is one of the personell of the tourist place. He is the tour/hiking guide to this tourism group that will soon be heading back from the woods to the main hotel/beach surf etc. complex.

People can of course change the names and bakcstories of those chars I have put there.
But I want to share what went on with my mind when creating those, how I imagined them to be etc. for those who are interested.
Spoiler:  

On the organisatorial matters. I plan to have the "first session" to last until group has managed to secure transportation out from the Island. So luck and gizmos etc. will have theri uses reset after that. I hope that we can have also "second session" I have thought out it a little but its mainly still a work in progress.

Otherwise we could maybe have some game-time modifiers for luck gizmos. I don't remember what this scale was but I don't think it would be actually more generous.

As with getting off the Island. Early warning - it would be good idea to try to keep those players or NPC-s who can boat or sail alive ;)

I see we have already three interested people. I could take fourth but thats kind of it. As of today the possible roaster is:
LemmingLord - Laverne Roberts
Pesterfiel - Tweety Songbird
Skullcrusher .. Trentster
I hope you can make up your mind in next few days and give me confirmation. And in case of Skullcrusher also a charsheet. I plan to have the tourism group be at least 5 people, maybe 6. You are going to have Ward the guide. Any votes for 1-2 other NPC-s. I propose Gordon as he has sailing.

Last edited by fifiste; 12-10-2012 at 06:31 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #14
Pesterfield

I was thinking the same thing for the background, nice work.

The marijuana she has should be hard candy.

Tweety as she mostly goes by is in her early twenties, fresh off a hippie commune still holding on in Colorado. Natural talent took her far in the folk/country music scene.

A tendency to just believe what people told her though meant taking some less than desirable jobs, and now she's come to this little tropical isle seeking a fresh start.
Pesterfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:06 AM   #15
Skullcrusher

All of your Pre-made characters have -30 disads except Fonzie...can I take -30 disads?

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:33 AM   #16
fifiste

You mean add an extra -5 there or somesuch. Then spent them on some skills or advantages?
I guess it wouldn't be a problem just let me know what the changes actually are so i could check them. I don't think we'd have problems with most of them.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #17
Skullcrusher

Yeah you say in your introductory post that I am limited to -25 disads including quirks...but the Pre-Gens have -30 disads

I am proposing me taking -25 disads and -5 quirks for a total of -30

Old 12-12-2012, 01:53 PM   #18
fifiste

Yes its ok it was some time ago I made these chars, didn't remember they had 30 in disads. Take 30 then if you want.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:59 PM   #19
LemmingLord

My Idea For What Laverne's 8 extra points should buy her: (7 + the 1 from the first aid default):

Area Knowledge [1] Father's Woods
Area Knowledge [1] Hospitals She's Worked In
Axe/Mace [1] From Chopping Wood Three Winters in Small Town Where She Had to Care for Her Dying Father Over a Decade Ago.
Electronics Ops (Medical) [1]
Scrounging [4] An absolute necessity on the job.

Maybe we can get holed up at some point at her father's old place... :)
Old 12-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #20
Skullcrusher

Need more time to make Trent...been backed up at work....I know he is only 50 points but it actually takes me more time to make a lower point character...