Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-01-2019, 11:19 AM   #1
FallenCrown

Default Moral Piety -25 {and other ideas of mine}

this is a disadvantage I've coined. ok, what it's supposed to be you automatically have to do he moral thing in every situation and any given situation like you the pc is under oat for your character. it's not compatible with disadvantages that already do this. the thing is, you have honesty, bully, delusion creates and enforces own laws and you get a helot a thing spartans killed for sport that is an average human. you take honesty and give it delusion laws are not manmade and the divine creation of morality and you get honesty that works for a knight or paladin or Joan Of Arc. something like that. . in any event this disadvantage was created to be real for someone that really is moral and when other disadvantages properly used capture it for the most part there are situations where it's ambiguous or to do what the disadvantages says. it doesn't mean there aren't disadvatages you can't add on. btw IMPORTANT: real paladins have ritualism -5 its kinda that's what you take and its supposed to be a paladin; you play him/her as a paladin, he/she is suppsed to be able to perform ritual with or without, grant you, ritualism in real life means you automatically have ritual skill at max without critical failure or failure.. the paladin should be built with a maxed ritual skill a wildcard one if its too much. that is how it works to play a genuine paladin like they do exist like cthulu i'm master of. ok. its me, fallencrown lol.

if anyone cares, I have a bunch of gurps books nor more cash and can't drive and can't roleplay, I've never had the chance, if anyone is willing to email me a fallencrown@mail.com to do fantasy gaming i'd appreciate the chance to play too

btw, sjgames, readers, if you want to just discuss what I have to offer for gurps please contact me, I don't have a photographic memory I do have some edidic I have a real iq test I made on the gca and mine comes to 197 it tests raw mind. i'd like to help out for free if you like my ideas

here's my thoughts on compulsive vowing: its a house rule you might like, either as a controllable disadvantage or standard. your character gets points for the oat he or she takes but. there's only so many that technically fit on the character so how it should work when the character undertakes a quest you get a bundle of points. when the quest is over with, you have to buy it off. it's balanced and adds more fun to the game and that's what the game is supposed to be about. played any good books lately? and here one of my all time fav ows ow (Live by the sword; die by the sword) -10 I was inspired to make it when I saw the sword spirit monster, this one who has it isn't cursed yet but could be eventually. oh, a talent to go with it: Sword Mastery, all the skills it covers are on the Sword! skill it gives a reaction bonus to swordsmen and swordmasters and as per the optional feature gives +1 or -1 to all rolls made with a sword I would limit it to one level 10/14 points. if that's not enough: higher purpose swordblows

ok, here's the consensus: the 1 point perk controllable disadvantage is called Quest. and... after during but not before when I have laid my vengeance upon you will know... Sparticus is what I was called when 79 Spartans stood over the Hot Gates. back then, I were just a Fell Wind From The East And The West. Chivalry can't be in the book, Vow can't be in the book, Good can't be in the book, Charitable can't be in the book so we'll call the Perk Quest, instead of Ow (Live by the sword; die by the sword) it should say Live by the sword; die by the sword [-10] infact if it can't say a that its not worth its points, Quest -5 well that's hard, you really bite off more than yo can chew but at least it counts as a disadvantage that way.... check out on you tube Thomas Klankovy Streetlight Manifesto Streetlight Lullabies and give in order with nothing else that's on there Watch It Crash, Forty Days, and... A Moment Of Silence... after that type in streetlight manifesto that'll be the day and hit the fourth song. and I quote I am the Lord Of The English not the Lord of humans, so take off all that stuff that I said to be cause its lyrics from those songs, savy, yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me, i'll slither the noose and take my shank and do the dirty work blitz their boots and do the noose.... yo ho. its X-Mas, Chris snapped on that one. well if you want hour character to have honor it has to be in 3rd edition and you need sleslessness - one will ST because, I have that, and my maker ain't alive, but Cronos said, Methos, that a Divine Sword, and he were referring to little old Sil, Nature Herself. after you have selflessness -10, you can have the rest on honor, and codes of honor, until then, call it a code of honesty

ok, my hybrid ideal gurps, -100 points in disadvantages 200 points in advantages, quirks, there for characterization. perks, make a damn real character check out the missing highlander movie on you tube enters a horseman 6:8 1: Cronos -100 (Bloodlust -20; Delusion (No, really, this is sense of duty all life) -10; Honesty -35; Sense of Duty All Life Every Living Being -20) there, those were his minus 100. 3rd edition basic set, compendium 1, compendium 2, low tec 4th instant loadouts, taumatology, magic items 1 and 2 and, i'll have to make them, but fantasy races... and, i'll show you more stuff

to make a mage: Wildcard Skill Magic! threshold magery, just about anything in thaumatology plus magic items' spellbook. what it is in non linear magic, any spell you can dream of can be cast without any prerequisites, but, If you scribe it down an Vellum in some cryptography, you can get bonuses to you spells in the book. whatever the spell is, its aok as long as (laws if there real not moral laws, I mean like phyics, spells can't break laws, a law if it is a law cannot be broken, it'll just fizzle in the mages hand) now, what cost of living really is.... mages have at least status 1. the reason for this, is that there first aid kits bandages are covered in your cost of living, think of it like mainteneance on equipment. so, a mage needs regents, and btw, I call Irenicus:: Uncle Jon... and he's the real Author of GURPS 4th Edition Thaumatology... so, I make stuff you can use, at your table so its worth its, if you want to pay me, you don't have to, but if you did, go get my dice, pick me up, order taco bell, 15$ a night, and lets roll... I work for cigarettes, iced green tea and taco bell, but, if you wanted to pay me $25 lets order real Thives Blue Shark Food: Sushi, a night. so, all the mage needs, is a wildcard skill, status 1, including cost of living for reagents, and the deluxe needs a spell book. and, real magery, the skills, I don't know, there's around 12, I really don't know, threshold casting, and most importantly, a gm that can handle a pc AND npc mage. the end.

something to discuss for combat: that old truly badass advantage from the gcm for an archaic weapon user for 25 points its automatically a quick contest of skills for a lesser foe but for a genuine npc they can simply evade the attack with a parry, dodge or block. this helps speed combat up and leave it challenging. This could be implemented as house rules instead of an advantage.

ok, i'm ready to write this one down, my name is Sil by the way. weapon bond in several different books all rolled up as one new perk. if you buy a weapon bond you have like say a pek to bond to your weapon but as per the rules in low-tech the weapon has to be suitable for a weapon bond which is +1 CF. the starting weapon or weapons if a dual wielded automatically start for free with the suitable for weapon bond. now, I know a great deal about ancient warfare and to remedy that ham fisted or bad grip 1 or whatever requires grip mastery (gauntlet) for the fine gauntlet, it could also reduce the penalty by a level for a common one

Last edited by FallenCrown; 11-27-2019 at 08:46 PM. Reason: i'll keep writing my ideas here
FallenCrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 03:19 PM   #2
Donny Brook

Default Re: Moral Piety -25 {and other ideas of mine}

Welcome to the GURPS forums.

You might find these links helpful:

Game Finder - Locate fellow players in your area
http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41

GURPS play by post
http://forums.sjgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65
Donny Brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:22 AM   #3
Gold & Appel Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenCrown View Post
this is a disadvantage I've coined. ok, what it's supposed to be you automatically have to do he moral thing in every situation and any given situation like you the pc is under oat for your character. it's not compatible with disadvantages that already do this. the thing is, you have honesty, bully, delusion creates and enforces own laws and you get a helot a thing spartans killed for sport that is an average human. you take honesty and give it delusion laws are not manmade and the divine creation of morality and you get honesty that works for a knight or paladin or Joan Of Arc. something like that. . in any event this disadvantage was created to be real for someone that really is moral and when other disadvantages properly used capture it for the most part there are situations where it's ambiguous or to do what the disadvantages says. it doesn't mean there aren't disadvatages you can't add on. btw IMPORTANT: real paladins have ritualism -5 its kinda that's what you take and its supposed to be a paladin; you play him/her as a paladin, he/she is suppsed to be able to perform ritual with or without, grant you, ritualism in real life means you automatically have ritual skill at max without critical failure or failure.. the paladin should be built with a maxed ritual skill a wildcard one if its too much. that is how it works to play a genuine paladin like they do exist like cthulu i'm master of. ok. its me, fallencrown lol.

if anyone cares, I have a bunch of gurps books nor more cash and can't drive and can't roleplay, I've never had the chance, if anyone is willing to email me a fallencrown@mail.com to do fantasy gaming i'd appreciate the chance to play too

btw, sjgames, readers, if you want to just discuss what I have to offer for gurps please contact me, I don't have a photographicv memory I do have some edidic I have a real iq test I made on the gca and mine comes to 197 it tests raw mind. i'd like to help out for free if you like my ideas
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 07:36 AM   #4
jason taylor

Isn't that Disciplines of Faith?
Old 06-03-2019, 12:27 PM   #5
Black Leviathan

This reads a lot like code of honor unless you're thinking about a disadvantage that supernaturally compels moral behavior. As a code of honor I'd rate it as an expensive disadvantage because it's so all-encompassing, but I don't know that I'd rate it at -25 CP since a lot of the behavior being upheld isn't ultimately very restrictive for most characters.
Black Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 04:49 AM   #6
FallenCrown

well black leviathan I'm a gurps and gurps gca junkie when I consider it to be a profiling system as well as possibly being made into an IQ test. in the end, I personally rate disadvantages on a point system like those there ten points nailed to a false church's door. btw, if moral piety doesn't have a photographic memory to go with it its only -20 points. the reason for this is as I've been able to decipher people, most people, have the 10 point photographic memory as in basic set but not everyone has the one from third edition; in the end the retension allows for more moral behavior to an additional -5 points. same with eidedic from third and fourth. now, what IQ! is as a wildcard skill that's a skill that lets you exceed your iq. excuse me, iq is measured by infinite memetical keys that have to be perfectly polished and in place, to summarize the infinite keys leaves it at 197 for a standardized iq test. there are 211 memetics to memory the first 100 are photographic which I might add I have none of and the next 111 are eidedic. I agree with what you say though
FallenCrown is offline   Reply With Quote