Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-27-2017, 04:11 PM   #51
Bruno

Default Re: Pyramid #3/37: Tech and Toys II

Obligatory: Often it's simpler to get passwords from people, from the little scraps of paper around their desks or recycle, or via surveillance - anything from snooping over shoulders to secret cameras to key logging hardware[1] or software.
This is a great (and realistic) way to keep the rest of the group involved in something the hacker is up to.

[1] not used very much any more because it costs money for each computer attacked, and it's relatively easy to look at the back of a computer and see if the keyboard is plugged into an extra thingy before the computer... Which means people stopped looking for it. That, in turn, means it's now seeing use again because people stopped looking for it. One of the local universities found hardware keyloggers sprouting all over campus; they think a student messing around was responsible.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:11 PM   #52
Tyneras

I'd love a full Pyramid article on software, Thinking Machines style or RAW or both.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:30 PM   #53
seasong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
Sweeeeeeet! That was one of my favorite articles of all time.
I'm glad! I kind of wish now that I'd gone with 10x per Complexity rather than 1,000x, but that would have broken compliance with Basic Set, which I wasn't really prepared to do at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
Obligatory: Often it's simpler to get passwords from people, from the little scraps of paper around their desks or recycle, or via surveillance - anything from snooping over shoulders to secret cameras to key logging hardware[1] or software.
...or just ask them for it in the right way. This is me as a systems administrator, weeping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyneras View Post
I'd love a full Pyramid article on software, Thinking Machines style or RAW or both.
Me too :-)

Tags
pyramid 3/37, pyramid issues, ultra-tech, ultratech