Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #51
vierasmarius

Default Re: Post-Apocalypse: Back to the Stone Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptbutton View Post
I am vaguely recalling some SF story where a human is asking ultratech aliens for help with humanity being about to destroy itself and they offer to cause something like this. Not quite as bad, I think people would be able open cans for food and use guns till they broke or there was no more ammunition. But they would not be able to grow or process more food or make new ammunition.

But the human thinks this is too extreme and tries a third option of some kind.
This reminds me of an idea I had for a Conspiracy / Horror game. In the distant past, an alien race imprisoned a malevolent Elder Being on Earth, known to humans as Nergal, the Babylonian god of war and death. Nergal fed on the psychic energies of hatred, and it influenced human evolution to change us from dumb animals into civilization-building, war-making intelligent beings. In the modern age, a factional of the aliens return to fix their ancestors' crime, attempting to remove/destroy Nergal and revert all humans to their "proper" state of innocence - ie, wipe out civilization and all human knowledge.
vierasmarius is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
post-apocalypse