Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-17-2017, 10:12 AM   #41
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Michael)

"Urr... <???> ... <????> <???>. <blah bah bah> Traub! <blah blah>"

"needed!"

The captain waits for his interpreter. He seems quite ready to consider this an emergency, and he woke quite quickly.

Traub, the man you spoke with the first time, comes trotting out, muttering something in german. Captain Velsink tell him something, and he turns to michael.

"Why ye be rowsing the captain at such an hour?"

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:43 PM   #42
Friendpmcii

Michael replys "I am rather Shure that the island you are looking for with the glowing rock is on the right side of this ship, right now." Michael smiles wide, "Figured he would want to know."

As this is the first real time with the captain Michael starts to catalog what he has observed and is observing to eventually get a good idea of the captains moral charicter.
Friendpmcii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 10:08 AM   #43
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Traub looks back and forth several times and confirms that's the message you want to convey. The captain listens with a stone face. Then he bites his lip and looks Michael over. Finally, he declares something to the crew.

There is quite an uproar, and the ship turns towards the island. The captain takes a long look at Michael before returning to his cabin.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 05-30-2017, 10:27 PM   #44
Friendpmcii

Michael wasn't sure if what he did was right or not, but he did know that with some resolve that the three things where related and that island was the key.

The capten showed to have some judge of character, but that could be a bad thing quick if he turned out to be a bad guy, this was going to be very scary after giving this thing away or... Truth was Michael didn't know what to expect but if he was going to be involved then that wasn't something he needed to let be known yet. And so he took a parade rest position with a wide smile to display both his confidence as well as, hopefully, his professional-ism.

Once the captain went inside Michael asked the interpretor with a bit of curiosity, "What did he do last time?" After hearing what the interpretor was to say "Hmm, thank you. I better pack, I know we need that rock but not where on it... And my senses tell me it may take some time. How do you say the word food?"

With that Michael thanks him and heads to the kitchen to ask the cook for food with 8 fingers up. He wasn't sure how much he needed and decided to pack some small round marbles if they could be found as well, a sturdy stick/iron bar, and a few torches if they can be found... Just incase he needs to hide the light.
Old 05-31-2017, 09:22 AM   #45
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"Last time he be replying to what?"

"Food? ahh the word is foeder."

The cook flatly refuses the request for food, though if he wants to go behind backs, packing the food is easy.

Finding a nice strait stick is simple. It takes a while to find the torches. Marbles he can't find, but he does find something almost as good: Perfectly round bullets.

Old 06-01-2017, 06:56 PM   #46
Friendpmcii

In reply to the question for details, "The last voiage he took?"

'Hmm, food will still be needed. Let's not risk my hand and wait for higher up to make a request.' Michael gets some rope that doesn't look like it will see any use anytime soon just in case and heads back to the captain quarters for when they where ready. "Couldn't get any food, but I think I have some basic supply's that may be useful."
Old 06-02-2017, 01:12 PM   #47
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"He went about the isles, searching them with a very few men. He seeks caves, but beyond that I know not."

The island is reached, and Michael is all loaded up with gear. Its a much bigger island than the first one he was stuck on. Perhaps it was 1 mile across. Probably a little less. The rock was jagged and steep, and covered in vegetation. The ship starts sailing around looking for a good place to land.

The feeling just gets stronger the closer Michael is to the island -- its located somewhere in the isle's heart. The other sailors seem somewhat spooked by the island. He hears several times the word "Sarmag".

Last edited by ericthered; 06-02-2017 at 01:20 PM.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:23 PM   #48
Friendpmcii

Michael goes to the interpretor, "What is Sarmag? Also, I want to check the underbelly before we land if that is possible, it's the least likely to change due to vegetation and it would be nice to have that half it the island crossed off the list."
Old 06-06-2017, 09:52 AM   #49
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The interpreter looks at Michael and wrinkles his brow. "Did ye grow up under brambles boy? Sarmag. Squid Crab. Devil Fish. What do ye call them?"

Old 06-06-2017, 06:44 PM   #50
Friendpmcii

"I have heard of Devil Fish, but only the name. I don't even know what it looks like or does. I did say I was from a long ways away, I don't even know the Science of how flying works... At least not the way you do it."

Tags
lost in dreams