Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2006, 10:05 AM   #21
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Default Re: Movies and In Nomine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris the cynic
In Heaven rules stop you from being free,
This depends a lot on how one portrays Heaven. In my campaigns (usually low-contrast, bright, and with a high amount of Cute in the form of relievers (I swear it's not my fault but if I bring out relievers being cute the players just go awww and die of cute on me so I have to do it more)), Heaven for humans is pretty much a place of "if it harm none, do whatever the heck you want." Admittedly, there are certain values of "harm" that may not be obvious to some humans, and which will land a Judgment counselor on someone faster than an Ofanite can sneeze. But default Heaven lets in all kinds of people -- and unless the GM rules that all destinies somehow tie in with being a Rule-Following person...

Now, if you're an angel, you're going to be following some rules, and likely getting orders now and then. (Janus' orders sometimes boil down to: "Go to this place. Stir things up. Don't get caught.")

Tags
pop culture