Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 08-29-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
Omegonthesane

Default Stat-ups of obvious expies

This started as an extended joke about how Jordi servitors only work against Captain Planet villains... then I got the urge to stat up Captain Planet villains.

Canon rules assumed wherever possible. Specific houserules linked or esplained in character sheet. "Driving" is generally assumed to work for whatever ridiculous contraption the plot requires them to drive.

Dr Blight
Habbalite of Technology

2 Corporeal Forces; Strength 4, Agility 4
4 Ethereal Forces; Intelligence 10, Precision 6
3 Celestial Forces; Will 8, Perception 4

Officially, the good Doctor would like nothing more than to be able to perform her nasty dangerous experiments for the mild convenience of humanity in peace, but those pesky Planeteers keep getting in her way.

Unofficially, she's just crazy and homocidal.

Attunements:
Habbalite of Technology, Impudite of Technology [IIRC, there's no reason for Impudite of Technology to be restricted, it isn't resonance-dependent or anything]

Skills:
You tend not to get far in the service of Vapula without eventually picking up Knowledge (SCIENCE!!!)/3, or Electronics/3, or Computer Operation/3. Due to Blight's intelligence, all three have TN 13. Like every good eco-villain, and lacking a chauffeur, she has Driving/3 too.

Songs:
Corporeal Song of Charm (3), TN 5 base. Yeesh, that's getting a minute spent on it...
Ethereal Song of Charm (3), TN 6 base.
Celestial Song of Charm (3), TN 7 base.

Discord:
You see that horrible burning over half her face, hidden by the hair? Yeah? That's one level of Mutilation, and is entirely present on her celestial form. The other level of Mutilation is probably hidden by that pink catsuit.

Vessel:
As played by Meg Ryan, level 1, "Dr Blight", mad scientist, level 5, status 4.

Servants & Artefacts:
MAL, a 5-Force Imp of Technology building up to Shedite-hood, who largely spends his time masquerading as an artificial intelligence. (Class 3, Level 2, Shedite of Technology, Computer Operation/6, Intelligence 6+, remaining stats not worth my attention right now)
[This assumes that having a host laptop allows an imp to not need a corporeal vessel. I was originally going to go with the rather larger houserule of making MAL a fully fledged 7-Force Shedite as a Class 6 Level 1 servant, costing the same number of points.]

Duke Nukem (the less famous one)
Calabite of Fire

3 Corporeal Forces; Strength 10, Agility 2
2 Ethereal Forces; Intelligence 5, Precision 3
4 Celestial Forces; Will 12, Perception 4

Originally created by Vapula, Nukem was rather embarassed to realise he'd Fledged as a Calabite; luckily, he was able to negotiate a transfer to Belial's service, and since has been hired back by the Demon of Nuclear Radiation for a lot of odd jobs.

Attunements:
Calabite of Fire, Firewalker

Skills:
Given his background, Nukem has some education in using and understanding technology, translating as Knowledge (SCIENCE!!!)/3 and Computer Operation/3 (TN 8 both). Given his current employment in Fire, he's taken some rather more combative training to the tune of Fighting/2 (TN 12), and Dodge/5 (TN 7). It's hard to get by without even Driving/1, so he has that too.

Songs:

Numinous Corpus (Plates)/5, which comes out bright yellow and is thus difficult to discern from his normal discoloring. TN 9.

Discord:
Due to 4 levels of Discolored, Nukem has the bright yellow look going on, big time.

Vessel:
Some hideous yellow plated humanoid thing, level 6, no Role.

Servants & Artefacts:
Leadsuit, a deluded goon of limited utility (Class 4, Level 1, 5-force human, no notable competences)
Relic/0 beach gear (Free, because "I'm wearing beach gear that doesn't explode from my Discord" is flavour text, not an ability.) [This constitutes a houserule.]

Verminous Skumm
Fanatic Habbalite of Disease

3 Corporeal Forces; Strength 6, Agility 6
3 Ethereal Forces; Intelligence 7, Precision 5

See, this is what happens when an Elohite of Animals decides to take Jordi's party line to its logical conclusion and starts waging war against humans. Even in Makatiel's service he largely operated like one of the Unknown, and losing his Superior hasn't really changed his method of operation. (If I had the group's copy of whichever Superiors has Fleurity in it, Skumm would have switched to Drugs; as it is, he probably will eventually if thrown into someone's game)

Attunements:
Habbalite of Disease

Skills:
Almost like a normal rat, Skumm has Move Silently/3, Climbing/3, Fighting/3 and Dodge/3 for a TN 9 each; having run an army of squirts for ages, he's developed some ability with Tactics/3 (TN 10); and he couldn't have made half his brews without a few lessons in Chemistry/3 (TN 10). The number of vehicles he pilots, he probablyhas Driving/4 or something.

Songs:
Corporeal Song of Pestilence 4, TN 7
Ethereal Song of Pestilence 4, TN 7
[This wouldn't have made Skumm as special back when Makatiel was alive. Anyone making him a Drugs servitor, er, can go look for other Songs at 4 that fit.]

Discord:
You don't get that furry without Discolored/3, and Skumm's rat features and beard probably have as much to do with his Ugly/1 as his custom Vessel.

Vessel:
Some kind of humanoid rat/2, with the Features of Numinous Corpus: Fangs/1 and a largely cosmetic Tail unusable in combat. [Cosmetic tail free, Fangs/1 feature 2 points as per GMG]

Servants & Artefacts:
Eight rat-goons, statted properly because they're actually a defining part of Skumm's capabilities in the show. (Class 2 Level 1 imps, enough to fill out his points when I get bored of other abilities)
Corp Forces 2; Strength 6, Agility 4 [stats raised with character points]
Eth Forces 1; Intelligence 2, Precision 4 [stats raised with character points]
Cel Forces 1; Will 2, Perception 2
Resources: Vessel/1 (rat-thing with Fangs/1 and cosmetic tail), Fighting/2 (TN 8), Dodge/2 (TN 6), Firearms/2 (TN 6)
Discord: Discolored/3, Ugly/1
[Arguably, having that many servitors at a time makes Skumm more applicable as a Big Bad than as a starting character, but strictly speaking he's in the points limits. Or if he isn't, it's because I've added up wrong.]
Omegonthesane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:25 PM   #2
Omegonthesane

Default Re: Stat-ups of obvious expies

Looten Plunder
Lilim of Greed

2 Corporeal Forces; Strength 4, Agility 4
3 Ethereal Forces; Intelligence 8, Precision 4
4 Celestial Forces; Will 8, Perception 8

Time was, Plunder actually personally lived up to his name. That was then. Funnily enough, the better he got at acquiring money, the more the skills that made his name under Genubath could be allowed to slide; he took himself and his army to Mammon when Valefor came onto the scene, and if anything has become less individually powerful over the centuries, coming to rely rather more on his ridiculous assets than his physical abilities.

Attunements:
Lilim of Greed

Skills:
Looten Plunder Industries wouldn't exist without Looten Plunder's Economics/6 and Fast-Talk/3.

Songs:
Celestial Song of Charm/4, TN 8

Discord:
None. You'd think he'd have something like Greedy/6, but no, it's just a personality trait.

Vessel:
As played by, er, a young Christopher Lee with a ponytail, level 1, Charisma +1, "Looten Plunder", somehow filthy rich industrialist, level 6, Status 6.

Servants & Artefacts:
Besides the veritable (and in one department, literal) army his Role supplies, he has repeated dealings with Argos Bleek, human Soldier, mercenary, terrorist. (Class 6 Level 1 Servant, 7-Force Soldier, Ethereal-biased, Tactics and combat skills, I'm not statting the fine details right now)

The Other Duke Nukem

Malakite of War

3 Corporeal Forces; Strength 7, Agility 5
3 Ethereal Forces; Intelligence 3, Precision 9

You're just minding your business, shooting evil things in the face and trying not to get arrested, when suddenly some git starts using your name for obvious demonic operations. It'd be enough to send a Mercurian Flowerhead on the warpath.

Malakite Oaths:
I shall never allow an evil to live if it is my choice
I shall never surrender in battle nor allow myself to be captured by the forces of Lucifer
I shall never shed blood without wisecracking to commemorate it [we're not sure how Michael let this one fly...]
I shall never have another person endanger themselves doing my dirty work

Attunements:
Malakite of War, Proficiency (handgun)

Skills:
Like most FPS characters, Duke has 6 levels of Firearms, for a TN 15 before Proficiency joins the fun. Use of the Mighty Boot is made possible by Fighting/1 (TN 8) but it's really not his big thing. He's had some on-the-job training in Climbing/3 (TN 8) and Driving/1 (TN 10).

Songs:
Corporeal Song of Healing/3, because you never know when you'll be perforated next.

Discord:
Lustful/1, or he wouldn't spend so much time rescuing underclothed women on the job; and something about the Duke just seems unreal to even mortal eyes, even on a recording, even though there's nothing concrete for the cameras (Aura/1)

Vessel:
As played in Duke Nukem 3D, level 2, no Role.

Servants & Artefacts:
Holy Handgun/2, for when normal bullets aren't fast enough.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:28 PM   #3
naraht

Whoops, composed before the above posting was done...
Hmm. Horace Greedly is probably a Calabite of Gluttony, while Looten Plunder is probably a Balseraph of Greed or a Balseraph of Gluttony.

Not sure about Sly Sludge, could be from Gluttony, Greed or Technology. Could be a Djinn.
(I know stereotype of Balseraphs as thin, Djinn and Calabim as Fat).
Not sure on Mame Slaughter.

Zarm has to be at *minimum* worded and could easily be played as a Minor superior.

Last edited by naraht; 08-29-2011 at 03:34 PM. Reason: conflict.
naraht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:49 PM   #4
Omegonthesane

Originally was going to make Plunder a Balseraph, and I can totally understand if someone wanted to swap out his Band - none of his other stats actually depend on being a Lilim, I just felt it would make him that much better at being a super-businessman.

I see Hoggish Greedly as a Gluttony Djinn, probably with some Driving and some phsyical skills to compensate for less Role and less economics minmax than Plunder. Sly Sludge's big thing is short-term greed - he could probably work as a Soldier of Hell, he's meant to not be as powerful as Greedly or Plunder IIRC.

If finishing the Captain Planet cast, this leaves five horribly underaged Soldiers; a Malakite of Creation in assorted service to Fire, Wind, Stone, the remains of the Waters, Jordi, and possibly Novalis; and Gaia, who can frankly be handled as a Novalis summon when she actually does something.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:54 PM   #5
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegonthesane View Post
Originally was going to make Plunder a Balseraph, and I can totally understand if someone wanted to swap out his Band - none of his other stats actually depend on being a Lilim, I just felt it would make him that much better at being a super-businessman.
Six of one, half a dozen of the other. Being able to make a binding contract on the spot is good for an uber-businessman, but so is being able to create your own reality on the spot and convince the world of it.

Nice job so far; these have been fun to look at.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:44 PM   #6
Matthias Wasser

These are absolutely adorable. Zarm could easily be Lucifer, Kronos, or Vapula.
Matthias Wasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:58 AM   #7
Omegonthesane

I'd actually handle Zarm as Malphas - he spends a lot of time turning people against eachother, specifically.
With no (even) further ado,

Hoggish Greedly
Djinn of Gluttony

3 Corporeal Forces; 8 Strength, 2 (4) Agility
3 Ethereal Forces; 3 Intelligence, 9 Precision
3 Celestial Forces; 10 Will, 2 Perception

Attunements:
Djinn of Gluttony, Consume

Skills:
While he's not great at it, Greedly knows enough about Economics/5 to know where to recklessly drill for things, and with his Engineering/3 and Driving/3 licenses he's actually qualified to operate things like a mech equipped with an oil rig. Everyone who's keeping up has Computer Operation/1 these days, so so does he.

Songs:
Corporeal Song of Nemesis (4), TN 7, often used to pick up those pesky Planeteers.

Discord:
You see that enormous size, and the pig face? Yeah? That's the combined efforts of Obese/2 and Ugly/1.

Vessel:
Large pig-like human/2, Charisma -1, "Hoggish Greedly", fairly rich oil baron, level 5, status 5. [I'm rounding the cost up here; I don't know offhand if there's an actual rule about which way to round 1/2 a point in core]

Servants & Artefacts
Rigger, snivelling yes-man (Class 4 Level 1 Servant - 5-force mundane, no notable competences)

Sly Sludge
Not Even Technically Hellsworn

2 Corporeal Forces; 4 Strength, 3 (4) Agility
3 Ethereal Forces; 6 Intelligence, 6 Precision
2 Celestial Forces; 7 Will, 1 Perception

Attunements:
None

Skills:
Sludge runs a waste dumping operation to the tune of Knowledge (law)/6, Economics/4, and Driving/3.

Songs:
Maybe I didn't make the "not even a Hellsworn" clear enough.

Disads:
Sludge has Obese/1 after all those pies.

Toughness & Status:
2 Toughness, Status-4 from owning a waste disposal company

Servants & Artefacts
None, although he presumably has employees.

Tags
character, pop culture