Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 06-20-2018, 02:22 PM   #21
Dalin

Default Re: Hall of Judgment for the DFRPG: Now LIVE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
It's very exciting to see such interest in Hall of Judgment, and I do hope it paves the way for this to not be the only one out there.
I'm thrilled about this offering. It's my second ever kickstarter, after DFRPG. I hope that this is the first of many supplements!
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 02:56 AM   #22
lachimba

Quote:
Quoted for Truth. The DFRPG version of the grappling rules are going to probably fit on 3-4 pages. They were tested pretty well in one campaign, both with me involved and recently they've gone through some blindtesting as well, to good results.
Is there any chance of this being slightly longer?
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 07:56 AM   #23
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachimba View Post
Is there any chance of this being slightly longer?
Not likely; the current draft is basically 1.5 pages and a half-page illustration. Some playtesting has suggested increasing the length to a maximum of 2.5 pages of text will be useful. Consider that the rules in Exploits are (a) all in one place, and (b) take up about 1/3 of a page.

In the case of the DFRPG, *less is more.* The simpler and more concise the rules are, the faster it is in play, which is a stated design goal of the DFRPG that I have no wish to go against.

Perhaps over-winded for an answer, but honestly, if I could make them shorter I would.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:00 AM   #24
Imbicatus

I appreciate the “less is more” option, especially as if you have a desire to be more complex, you can use GURPS Technical Grappling.
Imbicatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:04 AM   #25
DouglasCole

Amazing second day on Hall of Justice for @SJGames Dungeon Fantasy RPG. $6800 total, over 225% funding, as we close out day 2. A trend that is absolutely incredible, and an amazing show of support for the Powered by #GURPS boxed set.

This campaign has crushed the original Lost Hall of Tyr crowdfunding effort in terms of both backers and funds, destroyed my Dungeon Grappling campaign in terms of total funds raised and is currently outpacing the Dragon Heresy Introductory Set, which went on to raise over $16,000.

Keep up the good work, spread the word, and help send a message that third party support is something you wish to see more of!
Old 06-22-2018, 06:15 AM   #26
Jürgen Hubert

So, is this an officially licensed product?
Old 06-22-2018, 06:37 AM   #27
zuljita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jürgen Hubert View Post
Yes. Steve Jackson Games has given a license to Gaming Ballistic. This is a first for this kind of thing. If you want to see more 3rd party development of GURPS material, supposing this is a good way to encourage that. Tell your friends too.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:38 AM   #28
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jürgen Hubert View Post
Quote:
Gaming Ballistic is THRILLED to be the first third-party vendor to be granted a license to produce material for the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game (Powered by GURPS) from Steve Jackson Games.
(emphasis mine)

It's pretty exciting times :D
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:17 PM   #29
b-dog

I thought I read that there are alfars in this book. Is that true or are they just going to become DF elves? Are there other monsters that fit into the “Norse” cosmology or are they just going to be random monsters from the standard DF books?
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:34 PM   #30
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dog View Post
I thought I read that there are alfars in this book. Is that true or are they just going to become DF elves? Are there other monsters that fit into the “Norse” cosmology or are they just going to be random monsters from the standard DF books?
There will be at least the creatures featured in Lost Hall of Tyr, which will be created uniquely for the game. Some may be fairly familiar except for special abilities in keeping with the implied setting I'm drawing from.

Alfar, norðalfs, and a few other creatures for hunting and survival needs will be unique to the book, created as part of Random Encounter Tables that will show up in the newly-added wilderness travel portions of the book, or featured in the encounters that already exist.

I have no intention to feature a monster statblock in the book itself if it's a duplicate of an existing creature from Monsters, with the possible exception of Bear and Dire Wolf, which are so on point that it might be simply be silly to reskin them.