Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 10-30-2020, 05:31 AM   #1
JAA

Default Double Ace - Packing Box

Can I check something about the Double Ace packing case?

I live in the UK and damage in the post to outer packing cases is endemic. Literally every online games order I have ever had in the past 25 years has had damage, including large fist sized punctures in the mailing box. It is only the bubble-wrap and those polystyrene things between the mailing box and the contents that has actually saved damage occurring to the game box inside.

I do not care about scuffs, or damage to the large coloured Double Ace box that holds all the goodies inside, but I am concerned that box is likely to be damaged in the UK post which is likely to transfer to the contents inside, denting the proper game box, etc. (There appears to be no gap for bubble wrap or polystyrene things.)

Can you explain a little more about packing?

What happens if one of the internal boxes gets damaged in the post?

Last edited by JAA; 10-30-2020 at 05:36 AM.
JAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 07:55 AM   #2
Manycubes

Default Re: Double Ace - Packing Box

Looks like they also have 30ft X 4 inch which might work better for new scale.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IX3OHIW...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
Old 11-02-2020, 04:59 PM   #3
JAA

Thanks for replying, but your answer makes no sense to me. Sorry.

I am really concerned about damage in the post with the proposed Double Ace packing box where there is no bubble-wrap or polystyrene bits between the packing box and the contents inside.
JAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 03:04 AM   #4
Parody

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAA View Post
Thanks for replying, but your answer makes no sense to me. Sorry.
That's because it's in the wrong thread.

ObTopic: Can't tell you anything about how they're going to ship stuff to you. :shrug:
Old 11-03-2020, 06:37 AM   #5
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAA View Post
What happens if one of the internal boxes gets damaged in the post?
If the damage is serious, an email to us with photos is the best approach. Where possible, we will ship replacement components.

We shipped the Ogre Designer's Edition across the world, so we know a thing or two about mailing out large, heavy game boxes.

That said, and getting very honest:

There will always be minor dings and dents when individual items are shipped around the world. If you are concerned with getting a pristine, perfect game, I ask that you email help@sjgames.com and request a refund and removal from the project. The boxes will do their jobs: Protect the game. What they will not do, however, is protect the boxes from minor scuffs. That's a part of the reality of shipping single items.

As a toy and book collector, I can guarantee you that ordering online is the _last_ way to get a perfect item. Just yesterday, Amazon shipped me a new release (Amazon exclusive) by slapping the label on the retail box and mailing it to me. It's just a part of the modern world of online ordering. If you want 100% perfect, the old ways are the best ways: Buy in person at a store or convention where you can personally inspect the item.

Last edited by philreed; 11-03-2020 at 06:58 AM.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 09:38 AM   #6
Whitestreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
If the damage is serious, an email to us with photos is the best approach. Where possible, we will ship replacement components.

We shipped the Ogre Designer's Edition across the world, so we know a thing or two about mailing out large, heavy game boxes.

That said, and getting very honest:

There will always be minor dings and dents when individual items are shipped around the world. If you are concerned with getting a pristine, perfect game, I ask that you email help@sjgames.com and request a refund and removal from the project. The boxes will do their jobs: Protect the game. What they will not do, however, is protect the boxes from minor scuffs. That's a part of the reality of shipping single items.

As a toy and book collector, I can guarantee you that ordering online is the _last_ way to get a perfect item. Just yesterday, Amazon shipped me a new release (Amazon exclusive) by slapping the label on the retail box and mailing it to me. It's just a part of the modern world of online ordering. If you want 100% perfect, the old ways are the best ways: Buy in person at a store or convention where you can personally inspect the item.
Agreed, and I wish to reiterate my kudos to SJG.

Neither my Kickstarter copy, nor the copy my FLGS acquired for me, of Ogre Designer's Edition, were damaged. One of the shipping boxes was pretty heavily scuffed, but not the contents.
Whitestreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 09:43 AM   #7
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitestreak View Post
Agreed, and I wish to reiterate my kudos to SJG.

Neither my Kickstarter copy, nor the copy my FLGS acquired for me, of Ogre Designer's Edition, were damaged. One of the shipping boxes was pretty heavily scuffed, but not the contents.
Thank you very much! The team put a lot of time into packing and shipping those out. Good to hear yours arrived in good condition.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 02:07 AM   #8
schoon

Agreed. Having backed a number of SJG Kickstarters, many of which were large boxes, they've always had excellent inner and outer boxing.

Nothing is total proof against the postal services of the world, but they do a good job.
schoon is offline   Reply With Quote