Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2019, 04:02 PM   #32
Plane

Default Re: A Challenger Appears! Green versus Red

Let's see, I wrote earlier for your July 3 action...
reduced the distances to the shoes from 10/8 to 8/6 for the consideration of NEXT turn's perceptions. It also increases the distance between us from 4 yards to 6 yards.
Prior to your July 15 move, I had moved 2 steps toward you on July 5 (green text post 207) bringing me within 4 yards of you and I guess 10 yards of the closest shoe.

Your July 15 move of 2 steps would've restored our previous 6 yard gap.

I'll continue as before, but due to Variant Move: Acceleration it costs me no AP to do it.

Furthermore: since I have moved 2 consecutive turns of Move maneuvers (at FULL move) forward, I am able to "Sprint" spending an additional +1 AP for an additional +1 yard (minimums yay) of movement, so my AP reduces from 11/12 to 10/12.

This reduces the distance between us from 6 to 3 and I am now 7 yards away from the shoe.

Note: on both July 3 and July 15 due to "Variant Move: Acceleration", you didn't have to burn the 1 AP to maintain your Move 2, since you had already moved 2 yards the previous turns. So you would have 8/10 AP not 6/10.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote