Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2019, 04:41 AM   #1
scc

Default [Thaumatology] Decans As Gods

So it's been rattling around my brains for some time to use the Decanic Correspondences from Thaumatology to create a pantheon of gods for GURPS. The problem is that I'd really like to emphasise the existing connection to magic and spells, ideally each Decan/God will have a sphere of influence, a domain if you will, over roughly equal amounts of human existence and roughly the same number of spells.

Now these Domains don't replace the existing Colleges but rather supplement them, Domains control what you must do to gain a bonus with a spell, but don't strictly control casting. For example most Fire spells get bonuses from Eneuth, (current Decan of fire) but the spell Cold gets bonuses from a different Decan, because it cools things, and Fireball belongs to who ever gets a War Domain.

I'm OK with not all Decans getting spells as long as it makes sense and is balanced, so whoever get's a Law Domain might not have many spells but instead gets magical contracts is fine. I'm also fine with some spells being outside this system, and with extra gods being outside this system.

So does anyone have any suggestions or links to any useful resources?
scc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decans, thaumatology