Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #121
Flameman

Default Re: Meta: LOOKING FOR PLAYERS

Looking for a game? Odysseys has space for you!

We are about to finish the part of the campaign so now is a perfect time to hop in. It's a TL4 fantasy world where you are asked by a high noble to help defend the country as some sort of secret agent. There will be plenty of opportunity to role-play and do you own thing between assignments. Look here and here for more information.

Send me a PM , post here or in the OOC if you are interested or have questions.
Flameman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #122
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The Princess of Algeron:

I'm going to be running a one shot fantasy game on the forum. Its planned to be plot heavy sword and sorcery with some heroic and low fantasy elements.

The basic premise of the story is stopping the marriage alliance of two kingdoms by kidnapping the bride. Despite the character's role as the kidnappers, they should be fairly heroic, or at least lovable rouges

Characters are built on 175 points. per and will are purchased separately from IQ. I suggest building characters who can fight, but are as good at subterfuge as at battle. You will not be able to win many of your fights without being sneaky. Disadvantages are by approval only. remember we need heroes and lovable rouges who start as mercenaries kidnapping a princess.

magic is magic as powers. Mind control is not available to anyone, and healing is extremely limited. wizards will tend to be quite expensive, though lesser witches will not be. Tracking spells are moderate strength, combat magic is powerful. (innate attacks are limited to 2d in most cases though). At least one very powerful mage will be in the game, and as an opponent. Magic items are very rare, and count as gadgets in most cases.

available races are
  • gnomes, (-3 ST, 1 DR vs fire, +1 IQ, talent maxes at 5) [2] (mostly craftsmen and scribes)
  • humans, [0], a nationality should be chosen as well.
  • ogres (+1 SM, +6 ST temperature tol 3) [60] (mostly military, think big, not stupid and ugly)

Characters should have a mercenary background: Patrons are discouraged.

Other races exist, but are not part of the local political system. Ariel Calvary exists (hippogriffs), Nobility runs the place, but soldiers are paid (so knights aren't the main calvary, though the heavy calvary certainly looks the part). TL is 4, but without gunpowder. Literacy is low.

PM if you're interested.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 04-21-2013 at 05:45 PM.
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:26 PM   #123
crretin

CSI: Modern day fantasy edition

I'm going to running a campaign I had an idea for a long time. A modern day fantasy with a twist. Everyone knows about the more fantastical elements of the world and have even included them into their society. PCs will act as a special forces unit specialized in dealing with crimes related to the more magical side of society.

PCs are built with 150 points, magic is the same as the one in basic.

Pm if interested, I will make an OOC with more information of the world if enough people show interest
crretin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #124
Michael Thayne

Villains:

Looking for a game about some super-villains in a world with heroes much more powerful than they are. Due to this, there will be a great deal of emphasis on avoiding direct confrontation with the most powerful heroes.

Cooperation between PCs not assumed; players willing to take initiative strongly preferred; will happily fudge time so that no one is waiting when the party gets split (or never manages to agree to cooperate in the first place).
Michael Thayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:55 PM   #125
AlonzoTheGurpsPlayer

Hello, I would like to start a game here, but I want to know what I could use for dice rolling?
AlonzoTheGurpsPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #126
Talosian

Lots of people here use Invisible Castle.
Talosian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:25 PM   #127
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Space Merchant is recruiting a crew to bring humanity back together.

125 points.
bog standard human.
mostly social interaction but some running way.

Officially TL10 safetech but don't worry about it, its not about your personal equipment.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #128
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

As a reminder, if I see "LFP"s that appear to be for non-this-forum venues (e.g., PM, AIM, Google thingies), I will move them to Gamer Finder. This is for the SJ Games PbP games only. (As, y'know, it says in the first post.)
Old 06-12-2013, 10:49 PM   #129
nik1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth View Post
As a reminder, if I see "LFP"s that appear to be for non-this-forum venues (e.g., PM, AIM, Google thingies), I will move them to Gamer Finder. This is for the SJ Games PbP games only. (As, y'know, it says in the first post.)
Thanks now I know sorry about the confusion . sorry for the weak search-fu but where is this LFP thread? When I first querried this thread was the one I found, is it a sticky?
MIB#2428

Last edited by nik1979; 06-12-2013 at 10:53 PM.
nik1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #130
Justin Bedard

You are in a room.
you don't remember falling asleep.
you don't remember what time it is.
you don't know where you are.

4 walls, a roof, a floor and a door. nothing else, except you. will you solve the puzzle before you die? or will you be conquer these four walls and escape?

this horror/survival game is for those with a who don't mind a amateur but cruel GM. those who are unlucky enough to play, be ready to DIE!

OOC for You are in a room...

Intro video, watch if you want some context of nothing.
Justin Bedard is offline   Reply With Quote