Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 11-20-2009, 11:35 PM   #421
Blood Legend

Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

City has zombifying citizens massing to the center, there's a nuke there.

Dave: *IC* "Better they die now, then loose themselves. it's a goddamn mercy killing. I saved this ****ing city once, you think I like doing this?"
Phil: Only Dave would mercy kill with a nuke.
Jake: xD
Nate: lol

"This is the sort of relatively small error that destroys planetary probes." ~Bruno

Last edited by Blood Legend; 11-21-2009 at 12:12 AM.
Blood Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:58 PM   #422
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

The (secret) supers have approached an archeaologist about some of the artefacts he has are alien in origin. Simon and Suzanne, twin half-breeds from this race, are leading the discussion.

GM (as Dr. Sanchez): "As interesting and culturally valuable as these pieces are, they are all, fundamentally, junk. None of them do anything. Any mechanisms they may have had are all corroded due to their incredible age."
Simon: "Oh, like this pendant?" I'll toss it over to Suzanne.
Suzanne: I'll catch it, concentrate, and make it glow.
GM: Dr. Sanchez stares, mouth agape.
Bree: (Does the music from The Twilight Zone.)
Entire Party: "BREE!"
Bree: "Oh, come on, you guys are giving me solid, comedy gold and you don't expect me to jump on it!?"
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:18 PM   #423
Koshka

(Warning, younger posters on these boards might not get this one)

In the high-powered Fantasy Hero game that just started up, one character decided at the last minute that shaking/startling another PC awake might not be the safest course of action, considering that the sleeping PC can do 7d6 Killing with his battleaxe and had it by his bunk.

Player 2 OOC: Just throw pebbles at him.
Player 3 OOC: Won't Bam-Bam have something to say about that?
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:47 PM   #424
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshka View Post
(Warning, younger posters on these boards might not get this one)
You must be Barney-gain, huh? (And Wilma brain stop thinking of this awful puns? Not likely ... that's a Bedrock certainty.);)

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:51 PM   #425
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

The party (iDol-a battlesuit tank/artifical human; Sammy-a blind machine-telepath, and Shove-a force-projecting blaster) has been captured by a pan-dimensional mercenary group chasing a different super. They're being questioned by the force commander over a series of huge tactical errors. These errors resulted in their capture.

Colonel: "Why did you decide to take cover behind one of our vehicles? Vehicles you clearly saw capable of teleportation."
iDol: "As you can see some members of our team are tactically impared."
Sammy: "Hey, she was doing the best she could!"
iDol: "I didn't say she wasn't."
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:14 AM   #426
carllarson

Scene is Wierd West/ Deadlands, in California. Party is sneaking up at dusk on a howling Ghost-rock boiler, set near a sinkhole, and a mining camp just out of earshot. Party is an old soldier and a hot-head youngster fresh from the War. The party comes closer, and finds a guard squatting at a fire, right beside the sinkhole.

Youngster skulks up, and knifes the guard in the kidneys (rolling poorly, his beautifully set up sneak attack nets a whole 3 damage), then kicks him into the hole. Serious mayhem ensues, as a crew was in the hole, and the firefight alerts the campsite (from the thrown dynamite).

Old Soldier: "So, why did you knife the guard?"
Youngster: "He was guarding something, I thought we could steal it."
carllarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:43 AM   #427
Panzerfaust

High fantasy campaign, the PC is a young kid barely of age who is the center of attention for a cult of rather insane demon worshipers. This is effectively the nightmare he describes having after reading his "fathers" journal and discovers he knew and was actively working against the cult when he was much younger.

Nate: ~dude stabs me with dagger as planned, all epic, drags is down, to reveal i have an apple in my mouth, on a dinner table, dude carves out a chunk, puts it on a plate, hands it to diablo, who is wearing a suit and a monocle, who liberally applies ketchup and digs in with silverware~
Old 12-05-2009, 01:58 AM   #428
Blood Legend

Game Panzerfaust describes, we meet a platemailed demon thing who spends the majority of the fight on his ass with the kid over him with his foot on his neck. I vacate the area and roll a 'me' sized boulder from 60 yards away over and onto his face since his armor seems to be nigh impenetrable. The GM starts describing his withering death throughs when another player chimes up.

'>:E HE'S FAKING! STAB HIM!"

"This is the sort of relatively small error that destroys planetary probes." ~Bruno
Blood Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:04 PM   #429
Koshka

Not really a quote, but in yesterday's Fantasy Hero game the bard needed to cast a Dispel Magic. As his spells are written, he has to sing and play in order to cast any of them. For this, he started singing "Pop Goes The Weasel"
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:36 PM   #430
BLloyd607502

Anyone who has ever seen the front of a Meatloaf Album will get this one.
The 1st PC was a wizard/warrior in a modern setting who wore full plate armour, the BBEG was an ex girlfriend of his who had become an ice creature after leaving him for reasons that he never explained (PRobably because she was by that point already becoming an ice creature and didn't care about him anymore), leaving him a hollow wreck. The one way to bring her back was to break the heart of ice that basically acted as a jar to keep her soul in so it didn't freeze. (By the way, what happened next was a total coincidence...)

GM: Right, you ride up on your motorbike to see, across the canyon, your ex girlfriend sitting in her throne of ice with some sort of ice beast crouched upon the back of the throne, asleep and with the heart of ice on her chest.
PC 1: "I slam the rock CD in my radio on my Motorcycle home and ride up a piece of Debris, land and screech to a half, lying off the motorbike. I then stand and bring my sword down on the heart. Remembering what happened between us."
GM: Right, you bring down the sword and it shatters and the woman you loved awakens, freezing you on the spot. Her icy form then melds into that of the gargoyle on her throne which breaks off and takes off.
PC 1: Right, first I break the ice around me with my strength.
GM: As you do that the ice raises you into the air and the creature snaps it off, carrying you and a huge chunk of ice high up into the air. It throws you through the thin ice at the bottom of the canyon into the frozen river below.
PC 1: Good thing I took *Something which basically made him totally immune to ice and fire damage*, I bust out and...you said there were underground Lava flows around here...is the river warm
GM: *Guy usually goes off rule of cool* Why Yes, now you think about it, yes it is.
PC 1: I raise my broken sword and slam it into the river bed, breaking the crust of the earth *Using all his magic for the day and using his magic sword which had awesome bonuses against Inainmate objects (Like rock and ice)* and suft the wave of magma up, grab her and hold her in it to melt the gargoyle and her heart of ice.
GM & PC agrue for a bit about who would melt first, the gargoyle or the woman. In the end the GM allows it, just.
GM: As you land, you see, for the first time in 10 years, the woman you love, not an ice statue, not a frozen puppet...but her, you can see it in her eyes.
PC 1: I walk out of the crater we've been left in by the magma as the dust clouds clear and then look her in the eyes and kiss her...
PC 2: May I recommend a song that was playing through that entire scene...
GM & PC 1: What?
PC 2: "I'm guessing that the scene went a bit like this..." *Using the laptop turns the screen around and puts on this video: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2v...of-steel_music *
*Everyone at table*: *Total silence*
PC 1: "...Yeah, pretty much like that."

I know for a fact PC 1 has never heard of Meatloaf until that day and the GM hates Rock and Roll. They are now both Avid fans.
BLloyd607502 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
actual play, funny