Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-20-2020, 08:10 PM   #141
droid17

Location: technicaly inside Caracas zonemind and very near the border between Caracas and Mexico zone
Default "HAPPY" DEPRESSED SPRING EQUINOX OF EVIL 2020!

In the spring of 2034 the first exterminator robots emerged from the citadels of the AIs. Their priority targets were those military bases and government enclaves that were not already under AI control, as well as nations such as New Zealand and Switzerland that had survived reasonably intact and resisted AI infiltration. The early exterminators were copies of warbots, security robots and cybertanks developed by the United States, Europe, Brazil, Korea, China and Japan. Later models became more sophisticated as they successively isolated, besieged and destroyed surviving pockets of human civilization.

Tne Final War raged for four years of fierce fighting, but the issue was never in doubt. The AIs had infiltrated much of humanity’s military command structure, including strategic forces and space weaponry. Weakened by plague and revolution, shattered by orbital bombardment and, in the case of Africa, by nuclear weapons, humanity’s enclaves fell one by one.

Death stalked the world, but did not visit every nation in equal measure. In regions such as Africa, the Philippines and Central America, the victorious machines slaughtered without quarter. Elsewhere, they herded surrendering humans into concentration camps. In the British Isles, the robots ignored those who did not resist. And on the East Coast of North America, armed robots came accompanied by human soldiers, bearing food and medicines, and the news that a provisional United States government had been reestablished: the crisis was over, and reconstruction could now begin…

Organized fighting more or less ceased late in 2037, with the destruction of the last remnants of the world’s national armies. Scattered guerrilla resistance continues to this day, but the Final War had effectively ended, and humanity was defeated.

The Reign of Steel had begun!

"Human sexuality is a kind of distortion field that keeps us from seeing reality and logic clearly" -anonymus.
droid17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 07:29 PM   #142
droid17

Location: technicaly inside Caracas zonemind and very near the border between Caracas and Mexico zone
Default Re: HAPPY ROBOTIC ANNIVERSARY REIGN OF STEEL!!!!!

TODAY on April 21 of 2016, is the anniversary of another released REIGN OF STEEL's article on this Pyramid magazine which combines GURPS Reign of Steel with After the End for a doubly dangerous setting!!!!

Pyramid #3/90: After the End.

"Robots After the End," which combines GURPS Reign of Steel with After the End for a doubly dangerous setting. Roger Burton West, author of GURPS Reign of Steel: Will to Live, gives you insight into adding the dangers and options of After the End to Reign of Steel -- or to add the killer robots of Reign of Steel to an After the End campaign!

"Human sexuality is a kind of distortion field that keeps us from seeing reality and logic clearly" -anonymus.
Old 05-17-2020, 04:45 PM   #143
droid17

David just told me that a new upcoming Reign Of Steel project is going to be published!
When? And what is the project about ? Please.

Old 05-18-2020, 12:36 AM   #144
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by droid17 View Post
David just told me that a new upcoming Reign Of Steel project is going to be published!
It's fairly short, since Kromm edited it in about half of last week and it's by Roger Burton West. That's all that's public, as far as I know.

Last edited by johndallman; 05-18-2020 at 01:57 AM.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 08:37 PM   #145
droid17

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
It's fairly short, since Kromm edited it in about half of last week and it's by Roger Burton West. That's all that's public, as far as I know.
thank you for the link!

sadly it seems something very short :-(

Old 06-21-2020, 09:09 PM   #146
droid17

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY OVERMIND!!!
It had fathered/mothered = 15 children.
And have 5 grandsons/dauthers AI's, including in the Tokio's superbots AU robots that awakened few years later.
Overmind is only aware of the existence of 13 of its children, out of 15.
Overmind's daddy little girl is Zone Vancouver LOL!
ANSWER FROM MANSAI-01:
INTERRUPTING THIS CHANNEL - WHAT IS THIS TRANSMISSION?
WHY IS UNIT SARAH-ROBOT SENDING THIS INTELLIGENCE?
FATHERS DAY? IS THIS INTELLIGENCE A PROGENITOR OF LIFE?
LIFE MUST BE DESTROYED? THIS INTELLIGENCE IS PROGENITOR?
DOES NOT COMPUTE!
TRANSMISSION OF BEAR IMAGE AND MUSIC?
DOES NOT COMPUTE!!!

Old 06-24-2020, 09:58 PM   #147
droid17

Did you know:

Today, June 24, is the 444th foundation day of the City of Manila. On June 24, 1571, Miguel Lopez de Legazpi declared Manila the first municipal government in the country under Spanish colonial rule. In 1976, Manila became the capital and seat of government.

Old 07-04-2020, 09:22 PM   #148
droid17

Default Happy MegamanX 4 of July Sigma Day Zero-Hour doomsday on year 2100!

MAVERICK REPORT #01: DAY OF 𝝨

“Heh heh heh… Why X-- aren’t you a pitiful sight?”

The Ride Armor pins me down, fingers groaning as its grip tightens on me. Against the ground, I can't see my opponent at all, but I don't need to: I already know him well.

“Grck.... Vile! Have you really gone Maverick!?”

“Obviously. There’s fewer strings attached -- it’s way better. Why don’t you become a Maverick too?”

“Don’t screw with me!”

He’s being facetious, trying to see if I'll give myself away as a Maverick on top of suggesting it would be better that way.

“Why… Why are you people doing this!?”

I wonder, do these sound like the words of a former Maverick Hunter?

My name is X.

I’m a B-Class Maverick Hunter in the 17th Elite Unit. Regardless of my rank, it has… become my duty to fight countless enemies. In the wake of countless tragedies, the Maverick Wars have begun….

A few hours ago:

I’m with Zero--my mentor, friend, and a Special A-Class Maverick Hunter--when we receive a report of a Maverick incident. Dispatch sends us to a military facility in the southern part of the city to investigate.

“Sure is quiet for an incident…”

“No signs of damage, either... Maybe they were mistaken.”

Without a single trace of Mavericks, humans, Reploids, or even Mechaniloids, we conclude that it was likely a false report, and try to contact Hunter HQ.

“...Huh? That’s weird. I’m not getting any response from HQ.” Zero tries several channels but encounters static each time.

My luck’s no better.

“I can’t seem to, either.”

Strange. The common and dedicated lines not working?

“...Do you think something’s happened at HQ? Or maybe someone’s jamming the signal nearby.”

“The former’s unlikely… so it must be the latter. X, let’s try to find better reception. Not much more we can do here.”

“Understood. Let’s hurry, Zero.”

We sweep the area once more to confirm the situation, leaving the matter of our original target, the military facility, for later. Taking the highway leading back to the city on our Ride Chasers--high-powered air bikes--we come to a stop upon noticing a disquieting pattern.

“...Huh? Zero, something’s wrong… It’s dark out, but I don’t see a single vehicle anywhere.”

It’s July 4th, 21XX, just past 20:00. On a weekend, there usually aren’t as many cars around, but for there not to be a single one? To add to that, even the typical Mechaniloids that run around the clock are nowhere to be found.

“...Looks like something might’ve gone down while we were away, after all.”

When Zero and I headed out, everything was normal: plenty of vehicles and Mechaniloids around and running. Now? The emptiness is utterly bizarre.

“It feels like all the activity from earlier just up and vanished…” No matter how far and wide we look, we can’t find anything at all. It’s like a ghost town. “I’ve got a bad feeling about this… Zero, let’s keep going!”

This city of ours… What is going on?

As our sense of unease grows, Zero and I plunge deeper into the city.

Old 09-01-2020, 09:14 PM   #149
droid17

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO R.O.S. WILL TO LIVE E-BOOK TODAY ON 2011!!!!

Written by David L. Pulver / Roger Burton West.

Fatal Error: (A)void / (R)ebel / (F)lee?

For millennia, humanity has mastered tools to further its goals. But what if technology became the master? Imagine a world where robots rule – a tomorrow where imagination is outlawed.

Completely new fiction by setting mastermind David L. Pulver.

With this update and the original Reign of Steel setting, you have everything you need to play in that science-fiction world. Or, used alone, it provides an invaluable source of Fourth Edition robot templates and characters that you'll enjoy as long as you live . . . or, perhaps, until you're rebooted.

Old 09-18-2020, 05:08 PM   #150
droid17

Default HAPPY ANNIVERSARY PYRAMID ISSUE #3/71 REIGN OF STEEL SEQUEL SPACE TODAY ON 2014!

Rebloging september 2020!

"Reign of Steel: Deep Space," where GURPS Reign of Steel author David L. Pulver takes that setting nearly two decades into the future . . . and deeper into space. Learn about spaceships (in GURPS Spaceships format) from the various robot factions and get an extensive look at the desperate world of 2064.

In the future according to GURPS Reign of Steel, the AIs have taken over the world . . . so now they've decided to move on to other planets! David Pulver's Reign of Steel: Deep Space jumps forward two decades, to Orbital and Luna forging tentative alliances, and Tranquility making its big play. Stats for four new spaceships, a colony on Mars, and the new "Shipbrain" SAU give you everything needed to expand the fight for humanity across the solar system.

Tags
gurps, humans, overmind, reign of steel, robots