Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-04-2014, 04:48 PM   #201
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

"This isn't good at all. Riders killing people for personal gain... does your society have rules about this sort of thing?

Why don't the riders just take their Hosts and from a village of their own? Seems allot smarter and easier than this infiltration thing they've got going. Have kids, teach them to understand the bond and if there is a Rider looking for a host, they get it when they come of age.'
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:13 PM   #202
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Senarich: "Of course we have rules against such things. I admit they are less strict amoung some other people. The main rule is one of war: a killing is justified if that person is in a state of war with us. And not just vague opposition: Thueson was a dedicated enemy belonging to an organization devoted to hunting down and killing our bearers. Morgan's element of self-interest was that he killed without consulting the rest of us to display his personal might and competence, not the killing itself-- that act serves all of us."

Senarich: "Because there are not enough of us. Because we're people. Because we'd be hunted down and killed anyway. And because we're proud creatures who seek more in life than farming or hunting. We wish to rebuild our society, and right now this is the fastest way to do so."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:58 PM   #203
the_matrix_walker

'Seems kinda dumb to me... Like there's any challenge to someone who can become invisible to kill someone, especially with a gun.'

Peter mentally bites his lip after that, waiting for Senarich to finish his discussion and see what he intends to do about this murderer. He has been trying to trust these creatures despite his worries, but his concerns about these riders are growing.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:16 PM   #204
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Senarich: <mental>"Ahh, the hard part isn't the kill. The hard part is knowing who to kill, and avoiding the fallout afterwards. But yes, I'd prefer different methods to display personal might-- as I have been displaying"

Senarich<out loud>: "You may have restarted the war here."

Morgan: "I'm the one with the most to loose. If anyone has the right to choose, its me."

Senarich: "Indeed. How do you intend to survive--"

Morgan: "Oh please. I survived when I lived with one of the most paranoid and outspoken members of the brotherhood. I can survive now."

Senarich: "We will see."

Senarich <mental>: "Anything else before we leave?"

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 09-08-2014, 01:24 PM   #205
the_matrix_walker

'No, we have his confession. I don't know how much good it will do if the other riders don't want to take action.'
Old 09-08-2014, 03:47 PM   #206
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Senarich gives Peter control of his face again. Its an odd feeling, and Peter (presumably) goes home.

OCC: If you have anything else to do tonight, feel free to do it.

On his way to school the next morning, he notices that everyone is grabbing newspapers. The papers, unsurprisingly, have the murder as their headline. At school itself, the news is present, though it has to compete with the normal topics and the general desire of the teachers for students to stay quiet. Suspicion that a demon (a rider) is behind the murder is fairly high, but its mostly thrown around as one of many possibilities.

Old 09-08-2014, 06:20 PM   #207
the_matrix_walker

(The following is meant to take place the evening before)

"Seanrich, the way your people are going about this is wrong. If the people don't want you here, you need to come up with an alternative. You can't invade their towns and political system, and then claim you can kill them in self defense when they try and protect themselves. It's not right."
Old 09-09-2014, 11:32 AM   #208
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Senarich: "Invade? I hope you notice we are assisting members of their community. We don't bring in Iroquois to invade them, and you may have noticed that we can't do anything without the permission of of our carrier. Irodontus acts through Morgan, who is certainly a member of this community. We simply aid those members of the community who choose to aid us. How is that wrong?"

Old 09-11-2014, 11:24 PM   #209
the_matrix_walker

'I dunno, I'm kinda freakin out. That guy just got shot, and Morgan thought it would make him more popular and important, and he might be right. That's just wicked wrong.'
Old 09-12-2014, 10:48 AM   #210
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Senarich: "And if it had gone the other way? Would it have been wicked and wrong if Morgan was hanged simply because he had pity on one of us? Yes, the world is a dark place. Its one of the things everyone tries to hide from youth. They want you to grow up trusting the world and being a good naive citizen. The truth is the world is complicated. You know that killing is wrong. Sometimes, someone has to be killed. Yes, we -- and I mean you and I -- plan to avoid it. But its going to happen, and I'm not sure what we can do to stop it. In fact, I suspect it will happen alot in the next little bit. Iroduntus may have started something he shouldn't have."

Tags
lost in dreams