Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 03-14-2014, 12:24 PM   #1
koolkat67

Default Beguilement Card

This card makes it so Charities and discards come to you. What if I not the lowest level player with this card and want to discard due to too many cards? Does it get discarded to go to the lowest level player or to the discard pile?

Last edited by koolkat67; 03-14-2014 at 12:47 PM.
koolkat67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:12 PM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Beguilement Card

If you have the Power Beguilmement in play, you are supposed to proceed normally on your own turn, as the card says in the last sentence. That means you would discard cards if you're lowest Level or tied for lowest, and you would give your excess cards to the lowest Level player otherwise. All other players are supposed to give you their Charity.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:16 PM   #3
koolkat67

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
If you have the Power Beguilmement in play, you are supposed to proceed normally on your own turn, as the card says in the last sentence. That means you would discard cards if you're lowest Level or tied for lowest, and you would give your excess cards to the lowest Level player otherwise. All other players are supposed to give you their Charity.
ok that brings me to my real Q; if i give to the lowest level player who already has 5 cards then they would discard back to me due to the Beguilement Card. so we're passing back and forth?
Old 03-14-2014, 01:22 PM   #4
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkat67 View Post
ok that brings me to my real Q; if i give to the lowest level player who already has 5 cards then they would discard back to me due to the Beguilement Card. so we're passing back and forth?
Only if they still have more than 5 cards at the end of THEIR turn. You can have any number of cards in your hand until you reach the end of your turn, at which point you have to get down to 5.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:26 PM   #5
koolkat67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Only if they still have more than 5 cards at the end of THEIR turn. You can have any number of cards in your hand until you reach the end of your turn, at which point you have to get down to 5.
oh wait what? you can hold more than 5 cards if you are given something outside your turn? It makes sense how you stated it.

we've been trying to stay below 5 cards the entire time. so if a rival helped kill a monster and received 2 treasures we've been making that person discard down to 5 as well. interesting!
Old 03-14-2014, 01:43 PM   #6
MunchkinMan

You only have to worry about your hand size at the end of your turn. You could have all the cards in the game in your hand up until that point.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote