Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-18-2011, 03:25 PM   #151
Grey_Fox

Default Re: [OOC] The Marching Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
Not really. Don't we have 16ish strategy? Stack a risk modifier on top of that, I bet we have a good chance of missile and cavalry superiority. At most he has 2:1 odds. We can totally cut through a +4.
yeah we will also maybe get some significant actions bonuses as well. Also peasants with spears would most likely be medium infantry with poor quality troops and inferior weapons so only TS 1 per element, so they wont be earth shattering, and also IC Godfrey has sense of duty to peasants so he would most likely try very hard not to use them in battle. I think we will be able to win it....at least i hope so lol
Grey_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:24 PM   #152
Harry O'Gane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusher View Post
I am not going that nuts. I will most likely buy a decent sword. A Good cavalry horse and other misc weapons. Maybe upgrades in some of the armor.
Also does Duncan have time to recruit more troops? I was thinking he could ride ahead with his Cohorts and gather the ramble of farmers and townsfolk. Maybe sequestor all the Blacksmiths in the area to give up some weapons for the cause.
To answer this question, I'll just say what others have noted. Yes, you might recruit some peasantry, notably medium infantry with rakes and spears, with TS 1 per element. However, if you look for mercenaries, you just might find some offers popping out.

Keep in mind that Simonton has been neutral through the whole war. The only ones who are actually fighting are some rangers on the borders (and they do it occasionaly). The last big conquest was chasing off orcs 50 years ago, so yeah, you might find some veterans around, with all of them being late 60-ish and 70-ish.

Marko
Harry O'Gane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:13 AM   #153
Harry O'Gane

Get your gear, buckle up, later this day I'll post all the data needed for battling, and then we'll start the show.

Marko
Old 07-19-2011, 04:57 AM   #154
Harry O'Gane

(OOC which should've been in the OOC thread but now I realize I failed and put it in IC: It's no problem to take on as many roles as you want to. I'm not sure whether this is in the rules, but in any case, quartermaster will have to stay with the logistics force, and therefore stay out of direct combat. It doesn't mean that Alonso, in this case, will be cut off from the action. Oh boy, do I have something for the logistics force in the sleeve.

I take it Godfrey will be involved directly in the battle. Take note that if something bad happens to him (e.g. he gets captured), you guys might temporarily lose your Lord. Just something to think about.

Green will be made as an individual unit, Duncan will be constructed as an element together with his troops (they are Ally: Group on his sheet, after all. I'm thinking about giving those guys some names and personalities, just to make the game more fun.).

Now, regarding Grok, he may choose to go either fight or logistics. In the latter case, he, just like Alonso, won't be directly in the battle.

Ezrael, as I've mentioned, is made as an individual group. I'll add Fire as the class on his MC statistics. TS remains the same.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Fox View Post
OOC:
Just a heads up, characters that are with the logistic force can still take part in battles, they get a minus on misfortunes of war rolls and significant action rolls (its only a -1). So even though Grok and Alonso will be stationed with logistics they are still able to try for significant actions just like everyone else(except commander).
(OOC: We won't be using MoW rules, but have detailed zoom-ins instead. We can switch to Misfortune if you want to, though. )

Marko
Old 07-19-2011, 05:44 AM   #155
Grey_Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry O'Gane View Post

(OOC: We won't be using MoW rules, but have detailed zoom-ins instead. We can switch to Misfortune if you want to, though. )

Marko
nah zoom ins are much better, adds better tension and gives anyone not commanding some spotlight which is good.

Also there is a note in MC somewhere that you can do the recon test as a zoom in as well if you have PCs suited for it, so that might be a good one for Ezreal, i have no idea how it would be opposed however, im sure some quick house rules could get it sorted though.
Grey_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:51 AM   #156
Harry O'Gane

A bit of PM-ing can solve it. But, he could only bring you info, not do the Int. Analysis roll, (that is, Recon roll). Why? because Recon rolls significates your info tracking as you move with your army, to see where their troops are.

But yeah, you could get a significant bonus if Ezrael plays it right.

Marko
Old 07-19-2011, 06:18 AM   #157
Hannes665

Back from the country. I see I missed a lot, managed to read something via my 3G phone.

Does Sir Green have any peasants or other possible soldiers from his new land that he could recruit and brought to the battle?

Darth Vader "Luke! I am your fathers second cousins sisters best friends brother!"

Luke Skywalker "Nooo... eehh What?!"
Hannes665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:59 AM   #158
Lamech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry O'Gane
A bit of PM-ing can solve it. But, he could only bring you info, not do the Int. Analysis roll, (that is, Recon roll). Why? because Recon rolls significates your info tracking as you move with your army, to see where their troops are.

But yeah, you could get a significant bonus if Ezrael plays it right.
So, should I PM you about the scounting mission then Henry?
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:21 AM   #159
Skullcrusher

I can't post my character yet. But he bought a better helmet, a fine longsword, and a cavalry horse.

I will try to get his skill changes up later today.

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:13 AM   #160
Harry O'Gane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannes665 View Post
Back from the country. I see I missed a lot, managed to read something via my 3G phone.

Does Sir Green have any peasants or other possible soldiers from his new land that he could recruit and brought to the battle?
I'd need some kind of Administration/Streetwise/Public Speaking (depends on WHO you want to find) roll to assemble some troops you have in your land, and Leadership/Diplomacy/Intimidation (depends on HOW you want to convinve them) to convince them into fighting a local lord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusher View Post
I can't post my character yet. But he bought a better helmet, a fine longsword, and a cavalry horse.

I will try to get his skill changes up later today.
No rush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
So, should I PM you about the scounting mission then Henry?
Read your inbox. :)

Marko

Tags
banestorm, caithness, civil war, mass combat, yrth