Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-15-2011, 07:13 PM   #91
Grey_Fox

Default Re: [OOC] The Marching Storm

yeah i have only just started reading banestorm, but i was wondering what the odds of getting blackpowder tech would be, it does actually say that Caithness is the most likely place that the ban on advanced tech will be ignored first due to the lack of magic(it actually says that if one of the sides of the civil war decide that cannons are too useful to ignore it would win the war swiftly......and then most likely be inviaded by everyone else lol), also i imagine more of the underground engineers would be in caithness due to its low magic, maybe we should put the word out that we are starting a revolution! REPUBLIC REPUBLIC REPUBLIC!!!!
Grey_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:18 PM   #92
Epic Kobold

How's this: We get techs, blow **** up, but claim we aren't using tech, but found a way to bypass the low mana zone.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:08 PM   #93
Grey_Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Kobold View Post
How's this: We get techs, blow **** up, but claim we aren't using tech, but found a way to bypass the low mana zone.
lol i like it =)

(and that book by the way is "A Clash of Kings" from the "A Song of fire and Ice" series, its the second book in the series, the first is "A Game of Thrones" which is has been made into a F'ing brilliant mini series, i strongly recommend it cause its awesome!)
Old 07-15-2011, 08:17 PM   #94
Epic Kobold

Anyone opposed to pursuing tech?
Old 07-15-2011, 08:20 PM   #95
Grey_Fox

Quote:
Anyone opposed to pursuing tech?
i suspect our highly religious knight might object to pursuing the devils powder lol.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:23 PM   #96
Epic Kobold

Hmm...how to convince him?
Old 07-15-2011, 08:41 PM   #97
Grey_Fox

Might need to run it by the GM too lol, there is nothing worse then having a game all sorted and then the players take an entirely different path than you want =P. I get the feeling that if he wanted a medieval nobles fighting nobles game and we try to make it a revolution of politics and technology game he might be a little disappointed lol ;)
Old 07-15-2011, 09:26 PM   #98
Epic Kobold

It's 5th pathing, a natural part to running a game.

It's also part of why I'm mentioning it here first.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:39 PM   #99
Lamech

Quote:
It's 5th pathing, a natural part to running a game.

It's also part of why I'm mentioning it here first.
Not opposed to trying it but it will likely be difficult in Yrth. They have that crazy mind altering conspiracy of mages to stop it. But I do agree Caithness is probably one of the better places to start with low mana and all. I do like the lying through the teeth part of the plan if we do. I recommend someone learn magic symbols and inscribe them on every cannon.

Better yet. "Its our new alchemical invention!" Of course it would be even better if it was alchemically enhanced black powder/steel.
Quote:
Is it metagaming? Our boys are knowledgeable and from several walks of life, they would be aware that technology exists, even if we're not familiar with the particulars.
Also I thought the mages on Yrth really went out of there way to suppress it. The mage is actually the most likely person to know IIRC.
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:54 AM   #100
Harry O'Gane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Fox View Post
As to Character Sheet changes, quick question about the wealth, Very wealthy gives an average monthly salary of $20,000 at TL3, not sure if you were aware of this or not (its on page 517 of Basic) which means i am gunna have a hard time paying the troops lol, also status 5 is normally multimillionaire 1 which is $1,000,000 a month. A solution might be to drop the status to 4, and raise wealth to filthy rich which is $100,000 per month, also status 4 is lessor noble, or maybe come up with your own system of doing it. But for all i know you may want me to be poor =P lol so just food for thought.
You're right. I've mistaken V. Wealthy for Filthy Rich. Yes, the planned salary would've been $100.000. Although, the money you have in the treasury is pretty much your to distribute for the moment. That's the reason why I put it there in the first place. But you may leave the Status 5, it is possible to maintain the status with less wealth that needed.

Quote:
Would love to see that happen. :)

Quote:
Might need to run it by the GM too lol, there is nothing worse then having a game all sorted and then the players take an entirely different path than you want =P. I get the feeling that if he wanted a medieval nobles fighting nobles game and we try to make it a revolution of politics and technology game he might be a little disappointed lol ;)
Oh, no, good Sir! This game is not planned to be a railroaded one, nuh-uh! if you think that plan would work for the best, go for it. I have something in mind, do not worry about it. After all, this is our game, not just mine.

Quote:
All
Also, as a GM, I'd recommend you somehow find a way to contact Underground Engineers. Ergo, you'll need to gather informations. How, it's up to you.

Marko
Harry O'Gane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
banestorm, caithness, civil war, mass combat, yrth