Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-02-2012, 12:27 AM   #51
Poonbahbah

Default Re: [GURPS DF] Welcome to Hell OOC

I'm going to call that a tabbing error. Because 10 is my parry +2 for being a staff. I think his forums coded tabs are smaller then on my notepad, or something. That or I but cost where I meant to put parry. Cost should be 70 10*4+30 staff spell and under notes it probably says it's weight followed by a tab and notes.

@Tal
Good idea and I'll use my unspent money making it fancy. Inlay, carving, stained and stuff maybe some semi precious stones set in towards the middle whatever $250 can afford.

Edit: fancy staff that's now my power item, 4FP FTW, and hopefully fixed that tabbing error.

Last edited by Poonbahbah; 07-02-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Poonbahbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:57 AM   #52
Dorin Thorha

Quote:
What they are are enchantments that allow a person with magery to cast those spells with skill equal to the power of the enchantment, see p M19 for more on that. If he could afford to spend the $10,000 it'd take for Power on p M57 then any body would be able to use the spells on it at the 1 energy level. Per RAW I'd be the only one in our group able to use his holy symbol I think. So he may or may not want to change it.
Actually all the spells I chose aren't "mage only" when on items. Anyone who holds the item and concentrates may cast any of the spells it carries, burning their own FP and getting no cost breaks for high skill. Penalties like low mana apply normally, and if anything brings the effective skill (which is the skill the original enchanter had, probably somewhere between 15 and 20 for DF) below 15, the item does not function at all.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #53
Poonbahbah

Rereads p M19 and goes, "Yup yup Dorin is right. I misread stuff and hopefully never make that particular mistake again." Apologies.

Last edited by Poonbahbah; 07-02-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:07 AM   #54
ErhnamDJ

Yeah. I remember that being there now. It's just that Magic is something I haven't tried too hard to get into. I'm pretty familiar with the actual spells, but the rest of it always seemed kind of tacked-on and not very well thought out.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:07 PM   #55
ErhnamDJ

IC Thread is up.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:24 AM   #56
Poonbahbah

How hard would it be to use those nails sticking out of the wall and/or missing stones in the wall to get to the next level down? Assuming I take my time? To scale the outside wall? Is the outside missing lots of stones as well?
Old 07-04-2012, 04:41 AM   #57
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poonbahbah View Post
How hard would it be to use those nails sticking out of the wall and/or missing stones in the wall to get to the next level down? Assuming I take my time? To scale the outside wall? Is the outside missing lots of stones as well?
It would be a pretty easy climb. The walls are rough stone with lots of handholds.

By outside, I guess you mean the part where the wall is missing? That part faces toward the inside of the structure. You're actually inside a giant circular building, sort of like the Colosseum. The outer part has held up much better than the inside. None of those stones are missing. You could probably scale your way down if you get lucky on some climbing rolls, but you'd be climbing at default. And with your Weirdness Magnet, there's no telling what could happen.

And the stones seem pretty loose. It could be pretty dangerous for someone who doesn't know what they're doing.

Last edited by ErhnamDJ; 07-04-2012 at 05:08 AM.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:15 AM   #58
Poonbahbah

I'm in medium encumbrance.

Edit: Hide lasts an hour and in about 55 min. I'll be at full FP if I just lay there doing nothing. Edit: took ofF 2 damage for leather armor.

Last edited by Poonbahbah; 07-04-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #59
Dorin Thorha

I forgot to mention, but Dorli is also at medium encumbrance.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #60
Dorin Thorha

Quote:
(Blunt Trauma is injury, not damage. It comes directly off of hit points. ;))
Dang, you are right. So he's got a few bruises: HP 12/13

Tags
welcome to hell