Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 05-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #1
robkelk
Untitled

Default My In Nomine wishlist

Just so it's all in one place for the day SJGames authorizes a major release of new In Nomine material...

(drifts out of Blandine's side of the Vale, wakes up)

Just so it's all in one place for my amusement... Here's a list of what appears to be wanted by the line's fans ("all nine of us", to misquote Rocket Man). If I've missed something, feel free to point and laugh – er, to post an addition.

Note: Even if these were to be greenlighted, they'd still need writers...

New Works:
  • Outcasts and Renegades (Playing a Celestial without a safety net)
  • Outcasts: The Tsayadim ("Why did they decide to leave, where are they now, what are they doing, who's leading them...")
  • Choirs: The Grigori (Abilities, Resonance and Dissonance, historical Attunements, what they're doing nowadays...)
  • Choirs: Minor Choirs (Why should Blandine be the only Archangel with specialized Servitors? Maybe we could add a chapter about Relievers while we're at it...)
  • Bands: Minor Bands (Why should Beleth and Lilith be the only Princesses with specialized Servitors? Maybe we could add a chapter about Imps and Gremlins while we're at it...)
  • Superiors: Christopher
  • Superiors: Janus
  • Superiors: Jean
  • Superiors: Jordi
  • Superiors: Marc
  • Superiors: Novalis
  • Superiors: the Archangel of Death
  • Superiors: the Archangel of Song
  • Superiors: Baal
  • Superiors: Beleth
  • Superiors: Belial
  • Superiors: Furfur
  • Superiors: Kronos
  • Superiors: Malphas
  • Superiors: Saminga
  • Superiors: Dead and Absent (Metatron, Oannes, Raphael, Uriel, Beelzebub, Gebbeleth, Genubath, Legion, Mariel, Meserach, Vephar, and any others I'm not aware of; two or three pages each, with historical notes and maybe ideas on how to use them in alternate settings)
  • You Are Here: {foo} (Like the GURPS Hot Spots line, a series of works each describing a particular place on the Corporeal, Ethereal, or Celestial planes and its inhabitants in game terms - examples include You Are Here: Paris, You Are Here: Asgard, You Are Here: The Eternal City, and You Are Here: Shal-Mari. AA Beth suggests double-statting them as GURPS Hot Spots / IN You Are Here books...)
  • In Nomine Historical (How to play from the Eden Experiment to yesterday; see this post for a quick overview)
  • 3d6IN (More-streamlined ruleset; see this thread for details)
  • Adventure Cycle: Children of the Grigori
  • In Nomine: Pulp (For the two-fisted, hardboiled Celestials; see this thread for more)
  • Liber Servitorum: Word-Bound
  • Pyramid Archives: In Nomine (Collecting the no-longer-available-elsewhere IN articles from Pyramid – this one would need an editor, not a writer)

Revised Works:
  • Angelic Players' Guide
  • GURPS In Nomine (the opposite of 3d6IN, bringing the rules up to Fourth Edition)

What have I missed?
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.

Last edited by robkelk; 07-06-2012 at 08:06 AM. Reason: added relievers to "minor Choirs" and Imps+Gremlins to "Minor Bands"
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #2
ladyarcana55

Default Re: My In Nomine wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
What have I missed?
How about something on the Tsayadim? Why did they decide to leave, where are they now, what are they doing, who's leading them...stuff like that
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #3
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
How about something on the Tsayadim? Why did they decide to leave, where are they now, what are they doing, who's leading them...stuff like that
There was a little of that in EPG, but I'd love to see more.

And don't forget to include Uriel in Dead and Absent.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:04 AM   #4
Jason

Hey, I just introduced 9 players to In Nomine this year, so there should be at least 18 of us now. ;)
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:39 AM   #5
tHEhERETIC

Playable places...I suppose if I set my mind to it I could do Seoul. I'm in Japan now but I remember enough. I could do Japan but I'm in a little town on Kyushu that nobody outside of the area has heard from. Playable places Kumamoto?

I'd love to do Janus, Oannes and Vephar but even as fanon I can't do them now. Still adjusting to the new address.

Azrael (Archangel of Death) would be a delight to play with. I'd probably go with a semi-Hindu approach, with so many Indians and Nepalis in this neighborhood to bounce ideas off of. That and a longtime crush on Shiva Nataraja.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:23 PM   #6
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Playable places...I suppose if I set my mind to it I could do Seoul. I'm in Japan now but I remember enough. I could do Japan but I'm in a little town on Kyushu that nobody outside of the area has heard from. Playable places Kumamoto?
I would love to see something - anything - about the non-Western world of In Nomine. (William Keith's series on China was very entertaining, and it cast a new light on the entire game. I'd hope something like this would do likewise.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC
Azrael (Archangel of Death) would be a delight to play with. I'd probably go with a semi-Hindu approach, with so many Indians and Nepalis in this neighborhood to bounce ideas off of. That and a longtime crush on Shiva Nataraja.
Oooooohhh... I am intrigued by your idea and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:22 AM   #7
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
I would love to see something - anything - about the non-Western world of In Nomine. (William Keith's series on China was very entertaining, and it cast a new light on the entire game. I'd hope something like this would do likewise.)

Oooooohhh... I am intrigued by your idea and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Can you point me to William Keith's work? I won't have home internet for another week or three but I can download and read and try to keep some consistency between his China and my Korea and Japan.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:13 AM   #8
William

It's all here on the forums (search for posts started by my username in March and early April of 2008), and Rob marked up the collection as a web page which I uploaded to my webspace.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:46 PM   #9
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
It's all here on the forums (search for posts started by my username in March and early April of 2008), and Rob marked up the collection as a web page which I uploaded to my webspace.
Cool--will look at that after work.

Meanwhile it's not a newsletter, but I'll put my brainstorming in my RP blog (unless we want to crowdsource it here on the forum). http://maroon-ed.livejournal.com/152261.html My personal blog, where I've written heavily about my experiences here, is lurkingheretic.livejournal.com. Some stuff is under f-lock, TMI and some unflattering things. Koreans/Japanese people are image-conscious, and I like having a job.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:35 PM   #10
JCD

My wishlist

Rewrite of Jordi

Write up of all the remaining Celestial Superiors

Reboot of Songs so they aren't either A) incredibly underpowered or B) incredibly overpowered. (Yes...)

Slight tinkering with the rule system so humans aren't so incredibly feeble. I get around that normally with my magic wand but my hand gets tired from the constant waving.

Tags
meta, wish list