Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-07-2013, 05:07 AM   #1
gregoriomata

Default [Psionic Powers] How to made Combat Teleport less random?

In the campaign I'm playing now, a character has Combat Teleport to dodge attacks randomly teleporting a distance up to 10 yards. When fighting in an open space, the only problem is to change the facing to re-target the enemy, but if he is inside a building, he may end up in another room, or even outside the building, in the air. The question is, is there any enhancement that would allow a bit more control where he appears? Any way to choose at least or the distance or direction of the jump?
Thanks for your answers.
gregoriomata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:31 AM   #2
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: [Psionic Powers] How to made Combat Teleport less random?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoriomata View Post
In the campaign I'm playing now, a character has Combat Teleport to dodge attacks randomly teleporting a distance up to 10 yards. When fighting in an open space, the only problem is to change the facing to re-target the enemy, but if he is inside a building, he may end up in another room, or even outside the building, in the air. The question is, is there any enhancement that would allow a bit more control where he appears? Any way to choose at least or the distance or direction of the jump?
Thanks for your answers.
Sounds like a case for Cosmic, +50% to me. Being able to dodge your foe AND appear behind them or somewhere safe in the same action is pretty powerful. Just make it into a new psi-technique at Autoteleport-5.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:03 AM   #3
smurf
Banned

Default Re: [Psionic Powers] How to made Combat Teleport less random?

I thought it could be Body Sense or Spatial Awareness advantage.

IIRC the night crawler in X-Men films did it.

By default it can be dangerous (another film with Vin Diesel in, the other Riddick film iirc)... when teleporting someone could attack the position you are going to materialise in, therefore plunging a blade into whatever.

There was another superhero film (Jumper?) that had guys leaping through stuff but they created 'fissures'. Samuel L Jackson's character tasers them to stop the concentrating... the guy jumps but the wire has gone through the wall.
smurf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combat teleport, psionic powers