Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 11:21 AM   #71
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: Battlefield ship date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmishStig View Post
. . . Phil sounds pretty close to breaking from the stress . . .
That ship sailed months ago.

On a serious note, I am not sure what else we can do to make it clear: Items are being shipped as quickly as possible. International rewards are a complete and total nightmare and _always_ cost more time and money than anyone can imagine. (I also have no idea how we keep offering international options for crowdfunding campaigns; it is always a drain on resources and does nothing but generate troubles and frustration on both sides of the divide.)

I like to think we do a good job of sharing info in updates. I am at a loss for how to convince backers to read those updates.

And then there is the "Please email kickstart@sjgames.com for support." I need to get that loaded into a cannon so that I can start firing it at the internet.

Last edited by philreed; 08-16-2019 at 12:55 PM.
Old 08-16-2019, 12:46 PM   #72
TheAmishStig

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
That ship sailed months ago.

On a serious note, I am not sure what else we can do to make it clear: Items are being shipped as quickly as possible. International rewards are a complete and total nightmare and _always_ cost more time and money than anyone can imagine. (I also have no idea how we keep offering international options for crowdfunding campaigns; it is always a drain on resources and does not but generate troubles and frustration on both sides of the divide.)

I like to think we do a good job of sharing info in updates. I am at a loss for how to convince backers to read those updates.

And then there is the "Please email kickstart@sjgames.com for support." I need to get that loaded into a cannon so that I can start firing it at the internet.
Serious time?

I don't think there's anything else you can do except take a step back, breathe, and let someone else handle the KS comment responses for a day or three (to aid in the aforementioned breathing). The problem of why boxes aren't going out is solved, the information about the problem is out there, the warehouse is working, Fedex is working. All any of us can do now is sit tight until Darryll gets the next batch of tracking numbers, sit tight until boxes arrive, and for SJG and its partners to keep the ball rolling on the international side of things.

The anger will burn out as people receive boxes. There's probably a couple things to address with the warehouse in the debrief (like asking for daily lists of tracking numbers, if they aren't providing such already), but I don't see this becoming a "burn a bridge" moment for as many campaigns as you've worked together now, and as many times as they have done good work.

On the international side...from the outside looking in, it's no-win, so the only thing you can do is look for the sweet spot between pleasing fans at the expense of the company and angering fans but ensuring the lights stay on. For the smaller campaigns, from what you were saying over on KS maybe it'd be feasible to have W23 do the international fulfillment and leave domestic to the partner...I can't speak to that because I don't know how much spare capacity you're sitting on, but if it addresses a pain point it addresses a pain point.

Back to Battlefields specifically, it leaves me wondering if the "Kickstarter but not forum" community would appreciate a debrief update when the dust settles, though. A reiteration of "here's what happened", paired with "here's what we discussed with them" and "here's what is going to happen moving forward" might restore some of the goodwill for whatever the next campaign may be.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
Old 08-16-2019, 12:54 PM   #73
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmishStig View Post
I don't think there's anything else you can do except take a step back, breathe, and let someone else handle the KS comment responses for a day or three (to aid in the aforementioned breathing).
We are a very, very small team.
Closed Thread