Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-09-2018, 01:02 AM   #1
Tomsdad

Default Alternative Weapons of Quality Balanced bonuses

OK a current thread got me thinking about the weapon Weapon Quality balanced bonus.

So for +4CF you can get +1 in skill, which is cool. But I was thinking of maybe costing up some other bonuses that are linked to balance or attention to detail of design and production.

The thread had me thinking of areas which can broadly be described as "ease of use", so maybe reducing MinST or if you use the last gasp extra AP.

Anyway this is really just a germ of an idea at the moment so I haven't got as far as deciding CF or whether these can be combined with each other* and/or the usual bonus.

But I was wondering has anyone ever done anything like this, or got any thoughts about the basic premise, or suggestion for other bonuses they think might be appropriate?

(It had crossed my mind that enough balance bonuses might justify giving spears extra reach when one handed!)

*I'm tempted to allow combining bonuses but at a higher combined cost than just the sum of the individual costs.