Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #1
Keiko
Banned

Default A couple of strange questions

I apologize if these questions upset or offend anyone. They are sincere though and I couldn't think of anywhere else to ask.

1. Has the material in the netbook GURPS: Sex ever been updated for 4th Edition and if so where could it be found?

2. In GURPS terms would being a Futanari* be an Advantage, Disadvantage, Quirk or...?

*Link is to wikipedia but NSFW due to illustration
Keiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:53 PM   #2
Walrus

Default Re: A couple of strange questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
1. Has the material in the netbook GURPS: Sex ever been updated for 4th Edition and if so where could it be found?
Bio-Tech has some materials about it. Especially in regard to your 2nd question.
Quote:
2. In GURPS terms would being a Futanari* be an Advantage, Disadvantage, Quirk or...?
It may be either of Appearance (Androgynous), Sexual Dimorphism (or something like from Basic, i don't remember, but there is such advantage), mere quirk (in modern world, may or may not be accompanied by sterile), Exotic Genitalia perk (if you think it can suffice), Social Stigma (Freak) or reduced appearance (in historical settings which emphasize masculinity among men), Passing Appearance or Classical Features perk (if you can pass into ladies' room or perform in specific role), Distinctive Feature quirk or anything else. Or just a feature.

Think of effects which such condition would provide and find corresponding traits.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:57 AM   #3
Blind Mapmaker

You might get some use out of this thread gender in GURPS..... It focuses more on gender and orientation and being politically correct, but there you go.

As for your second question, it all depends on setting and character. On the most generic physical level you should decide whether this gives a male's increased vulnerability to groin attacks. If not, you can just slap the Hermaphroditism feature (BIO 59) on it and be done with the basic physical stuff. If yes, then you also have doubled shock penalties from groin hits (B 399). That wouldn't give you any points as a male, but getting rid of it costs 2 points (Testicle Tuck, BIO 172). It would depend on your GM how to handle this.

The whole social connotations are a completely different can of worms and really too much to get into without some extra information. Have a look at the thread I linked above to get an idea how to handle gender/orientation issues in society.
Blind Mapmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #4
Keiko
Banned

Thank you.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #5
fifiste

The extra damage from groin hits to males seems kind of weird to me.
From game balance shouldn't you like get points or some minor boon - or something to balance it out. Otherwise its kind of weird for a generic universal game to just suddenly add a no point discount disad. if someone want's to play a male humanoid.

I also don't think being kicked in the groin is a picnic for females too:D, there seems to be a certain chance that it will be more painful for males for weak to moderate kicks/punches that have a chance to catch testicles between the striking surface and body.
Really hard strikes can kind of destroy everything there no matter where its tucked (the pelvic bone is actually easier to fracture for females on avarage (and would be a fight ender and horrible death in low TL)) and on many weaker strikes the family jewels might not be captured exactly between two surfaces so it wouldn't be any more painful either.

The techniques where the male groin might be in a definite disadvantage in real fights are - grab and squeeze or grab and rip :S.
(to think of it a good suggestion would not to wear a kilt or tunic etc. to a brawl)

Last edited by fifiste; 01-09-2013 at 01:15 PM. Reason: spelling of picnic
fifiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #6
Keiko
Banned

From my experience a hit to the groin is pretty debilitating for either sex. It might be somewhat less painful for women sincethere's no objective way to tell. Someone women are dropped by groin blows, some men shrug them off. But the main difference is with males its an easier target. I've heard from a some sources that seem reliable that the effectiveness of groin blows as fight ender is often overstated in fiction.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:36 PM   #7
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifiste View Post
From game balance shouldn't you like get points or some minor boon - or something to balance it out. Otherwise its kind of weird for a generic universal game to just suddenly add a no point discount disad. if someone want's to play a male humanoid.

I also don't think being kicked in the groin is a picking for females :D, there seems to be a certain chance that it will be more painful for males for weak to moderate kicks/punches that have a chance to catch testicles between the striking surface and body.
Really hard strikes can kind of destroy everything there no matter where its tucked (the pelvic bone is actually easier to fracture for females on avarage (and would be a fight ender and horrible death in low TL)) and on many weaker strikes the family jewels might not be captured exactly between two surfaces so it wouldn't be any more painful either.
The difference between Testicle Tuck and No/Light Menses is 1 point. Maybe there's another point I'm missing.

Quote:
The techniques where the male groin might be in a definite disadvantage in real fights are - grab and squeeze or grab and rip :S.
(to think of it a good suggestion would not to wear a kilt or tunic etc. to a brawl)
Depends. While Brawl-3/Judo-2/Wrestling-2 is an easy roll, the damage is applied on the next turn. Whether the attacker can roll a non-zero thr-4 depends on ST and luck. And don't forget that Rigid armour protects against this damage with no divisor.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #8
Keiko
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
The difference between Testicle Tuck and No/Light Menses is 1 point. Maybe there's another point I'm missing.
I don't catch your meaning?
Old 01-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #9
Bruno

Quote:
It doesn't take extra damage. The shock penalty from pain is doubled. So that's good.

Quote:
Some things the company isn't touching, and this is one of them. I think the only reason there's a rule about kicking someone in the nuts in the first place is it's so common, even if it is a bit taboo.

Quote:
I also don't think being kicked in the groin is a picking for females :D, there seems to be a certain chance that it will be more painful for males for weak to moderate kicks/punches that have a chance to catch testicles between the striking surface and body.
There's a larger range of types of blows that would do uncomfortable things to men, I suspect. Having fallen while balancing on the metal bar on top of a fence and landed on the bar between the legs, I can tell you women can be pretty unhappy about it.

I didn't throw up or end up curled up in the fetal position on the ground, but I also have been told I qualify for some level of High Pain Threshold by a doctor so that's not a good data point. It hurt like hell though, I walked funny as heck, and I was worried I'd done myself some sort of horrible personal injury at the time. In retrospect, I'm lucky I didn't crack my pelvis - if I'd be older (and therefore larger and heavier and with a more adult-female pelvic shape) I might have.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #10
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
I think I missed your point?
Essentially, human males start with an implicit weakness worth -2 and females with an implicit weakness worth -1 point. Even in a 25-pt campaign, the difference is minimal.

Tags
futanari, gurps sex