Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2013, 03:09 AM   #27
Tomsdad

Default Re: Face & Neck location damage multiplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Dragon View Post

(Chances listed for each roll is the chance of success. Also corrected for using the wrong knockdown-failure-KO target, which I had accidentally set one too high)
Chance to be unable to act next turn:
Leg: 6-point injury. Major wound forces a knockdown roll against HT, with failure resulting in stun (50%).
Neck: 16-point injury. Major wound forces a knockdown roll against HT, with failure resulting in stun (50%). Before their next turn, they have to make a HT roll to stay conscious (50%) if they wish to act. This leaves a (50% * 50% = ) 25% success rate, or a chance of being unable to act next turn of 75%.
Face: 12-point injury. Major wound forces a knockdown roll against HT-5, with failure resulting in stun (4.6%). Before their next turn, they have to make a HT roll to stay conscious (50%) if they wish to act. This leaves a (4.6% * 50% = ) 2.3% success rate, or a chance of being unable to act next turn of 97.7%.
Brain: 24-point injury. Death check required (50%). Major wound forces a knockdown roll against HT-10, with failure resulting in stun (1.9%). Before their next turn, they have to make a HT roll, at -1 due to being below -1 * HT to stay conscious (37.5%) if they wish to act. This leaves a (50% * 1.9% * 37.5% = ) 0.35% success rate, or a chance of being unable to act next turn of 99.65%. (For some reason, I had inverted and rounded the wrong way to get 99.3% instead)

Chance to be rendered unconscious or dead:
Leg: Major wound forces a knockdown roll against HT; failure by 5 results in unconsciousness. Effective target is HT+5 (95.4%), resulting in a failure rate of 4.6%.
Neck: Major wound forces a knockdown roll against HT; failure by 5 results in unconsciousness. Effective target is HT+5 (95.4%). Remaining conscious into the next turn requires a HT roll (50%). Chance to succeed is (95.4% * 50% = ) 47.7%, resulting in a failure rate of 52.3%.
Face: Major wound forces a knockdown roll against HT-5; failure by 5 results in unconsciousness. Effective target is HT (50%). Remaining conscious into the next turn requires a HT roll (50%). Chance to succeed is (50% * 50% = ) 25%, resulting in a failure rate of 75%.
Brain: Death check required (50%). Major wound forces a knockdown roll against HT-10; failure by 5 results in unconsciousness. Effective target is HT-5 (4.6%). Remaining conscious into the next turn requires a HT roll, at -1 for being below -1 * HT (37.5%). Chance to succeed is (50% * 4.6% * 37.5% = ) 0.86%, resulting in a failure rate of 99.14% (Which I rounded to ~99%).

Cheers for the maths, sorry for the late reply! And that all fine for limbs vs. neck/face/skull. What about torso though (i.e a default non targeted attack). I admit this part of the thread did come from me comparing necks to double leg amputation (which when added in makes it equal to the neck with it a major wound* and -hp?) but the actual thread was started about neck (and face) wounds vs general wounds.

8pt cutting to the torso is 12 points which is in -HP and a major wound and both criteria above seems to the same as the neck?

*actually I guess that counts as 2x major wounds with 2x HT rolls to avoid knock-down, but do you need to make two HT rolls to remove stun if you fail both Knock-down rolls?

Last edited by Tomsdad; 04-01-2013 at 05:05 AM.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hit location, hit locations