Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 01-25-2021, 08:42 AM   #41
letatcestmoi

Default Re: More Perilous Journeys: Now LIVE on Kickstarter

I just skimmed The Sunken Library and it looks amazing. I can't wait to foist it onto the party (assuming they survive their current imbroglio).
letatcestmoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 12:10 PM   #42
Skipper2921

There is a lot going on in this thread. I'd like to take this back to the "what's next" question. I came to TFT through wargaming side of the hobby and I normally play programmed adventures solo. The RPG part provides background and story that enhances the fun of combat. I've thought a bit about the question and have recently read your Hexagram #3 Questions Three and about participation in period accurate combat. I would request moving a little towards the combat/wargaming side of Melee/Wizard.

I think it would be awesome to have a board game type concept on Viking combat such as a village raid. This would be linked to your Nordlond concept ported to ITL to create a background story for the scenario. This might have 20-30 NPCs per side. Once you get the bookkeeping methods down, this could be expanded to a Deadliest Warrior concept where you could match historical warriors against each other.

I just rediscovered ITL this summer, and haven't been in the hobby since the 1980s, so this might have been a tried and failed concept.
Skipper2921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 01:28 PM   #43
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper2921 View Post
There is a lot going on in this thread. I'd like to take this back to the "what's next" question. I came to TFT through wargaming side of the hobby and I normally play programmed adventures solo. The RPG part provides background and story that enhances the fun of combat. I've thought a bit about the question and have recently read your Hexagram #3 Questions Three and about participation in period accurate combat. I would request moving a little towards the combat/wargaming side of Melee/Wizard.

I think it would be awesome to have a board game type concept on Viking combat such as a village raid. This would be linked to your Nordlond concept ported to ITL to create a background story for the scenario. This might have 20-30 NPCs per side. Once you get the bookkeeping methods down, this could be expanded to a Deadliest Warrior concept where you could match historical warriors against each other.

I just rediscovered ITL this summer, and haven't been in the hobby since the 1980s, so this might have been a tried and failed concept.
So...as it happens, my upcoming Character Collections 6 product, "Pirates and Sailors" might just be able to support this quite well. It's targeted at a 24-page product, with maybe four to six ships (with maps), each of which has the entire crew detailed out. The longship in David Pulver's Hexagram 1 can carry 20-32 passengers.

This will be the ultimate stretch goal for a campaign I hope to launch in mid- to late-Feb.

A scenario could use these characters, plus others from CC1 through CC5...I see something I can do with this. Great idea.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 05:25 PM   #44
Skipper2921

That is fantastic! I look forward to the next campaign. Looks like I'll be all in!!
Skipper2921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 12:30 PM   #45
DouglasCole

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/3088221

Looks like the courier damaged most of the More Perilous Journeys books (80% of them) that were destined for international backers. They'll be reprinted and reshipped...hopefully in better packaging.

I expect a 5-7 business day delay in beginning international fulfillment based on this event.
Old 02-02-2021, 08:10 PM   #46
DouglasCole

Production Update . . . and what’s coming soon for TFT
Old 02-03-2021, 07:50 AM   #47
larsdangly

Sounds good; I'll be looking forward to all the finished products! I'm particularly excited that there should be steady stream of new character cards in production this coming year.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 02:31 PM   #48
DouglasCole

Gaming Ballistic is in the process of fulfilling the final physical rewards for More Perilous Journeys - all the books should be in the mail by Monday, Feb 15!

In the meantime, Gaming Ballistic has been hard at work on the next project:

The project goes live on Feb 19 at 10am Central Time. When it launches, it shall feature three volumes in the Character Collection series.

As more backers join the project, more and more PDF volumes are unlocked and included with your $10 pledge. Fans of the Four Perilous Journeys project have been asking for more*Decks of Destiny style cards (3.5x5" format) and punch-out counters. We hear you, and we're ready. Softcover print books, card decks, and counters - including for all the Perilous Journeys! - will be available through the campaign as add-ons.

Please follow the campaign to be informed when it launches. As mentioned, the stretch goals are purely based on how many backers pledge before the campaign closes on March 16...so please share the link, follow, and pledge early!
Old 02-11-2021, 11:58 AM   #49
DouglasCole

I have packed up the next batch. These are all of the "oddball" orders. A few large retail orders (and y'all got the updated bar codes for Dark Lord's Doom), some who added Dragon Heresy or some Nordlond stuff, etc.

The next mission - and I need to tackle this on the weekend - is to pack up the 50 or so orders for people who ordered all 10 of the Perilous books, and then the 200 domestic orders for the More Perilous Journeys alone.

But I will get all 250 boxed up this weekend. It's frigid here in Minneapolis, so there's nothing else to do.

In terms of Rest-of-World orders, I heard from Kixto and the reprints all survived the trip in sound condition. So as soon as we come up in the queue, they go out. I can't imagine that will be past next week; it may be sooner.
Old 02-14-2021, 12:59 PM   #50
DouglasCole

We got it done

Yesterday morning, with the help of my children and the motto of Mal Reynolds[1], in the morning we boxed up all 51 orders that had 10 books in them.

Yesterday afternoon with the help of a newly vaccinated longtime friend, the five of us (my family plus H) made an efficient assembly line, packing up 212 physical orders.

Monday is a Federal holiday. That means I'll put all the packages in the mail before 9am on Tuesday.

Within that same time, I expect that Kixto will get the 50 packages leaving by Royal Mail into the hopper as well.

And while I'll still need to deal with any issues, that concludes the More Perilous Journeys kickstarter

Thank you for your patience on this. I feel that the books depart from my hands as good as I could make them. I hope you're pleased as well, and come by for more Gaming Ballistic project work as I launch it.

Character Collection

And as I mentioned in my Financial Overview blog post, I learned a few things over the last 18 months about launching projects.

Of the three Character Collection volumes that are to be available when the project launches on Friday all three are written and laid out. The art for the longest volume, CC3, is finished and inserted. I solved a mental quandary about print-ready counters in a pretty good way (you'll see). The art for CC2 and the CC1 retroactive art stretch goal at 350 backers is underway. That means so long as we fund and hit 350 people, PDFs, books, cards, and chipboard black and white counters will be available and ready for manufacture by the time the month-long project launches.

The remainder of the week will be split between writing the text for the next three books, and starting to make lots of time for my Nordlond Bestiary and Mission X, both Powered by GURPS.

Until then: thanks again for bearing with me thus far. I hope y'all like your stuff.

[1] I taught them to say "Let me make one thing abundantly clear: I do the job...and then I get paid."