Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-25-2022, 11:59 AM   #931
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Spoiler:  

"Hi there. I mean you no harm. I've traveled here unintentionally. But I just wanted to have a look around while I was here, y'know? If you don't want uninvited guests, I'll move along. These guys snatched me up and brought me here. I need to go find my dog. I'm writing a book, and I've got this kookie idea, about names having power, so like, I'll tell you mine, if you tell me yours, then we're even."

He will try and control the man's outrage with his disarming smile...

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 06-30-2022 at 03:13 PM.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 05:55 AM   #932
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Well, the success odds aren't great, but he has Empath talent, so he gets an IQ-3 (9) roll.
That's a success, actually.

The Dude is very much deceitful. He feels confident in his superiority and Peter's ignorance.

Quote:
"Hi there. I mean you no harm. I've traveled here unintentionally. But I just wanted to have a look around while I was here, y'know? If you don't want uninvited guests, I'll move along. These guys snatched me up and brought me here. I need to go find my dog. I'm writing a book, and I've got this kookie idea, about names having power, so like, I'll tell you mine, if you tell me yours, then we're even."

He will try and control the man's outrage with his disarming smile...

"My name is Tuvo Kyridas. Be silent for the ceremony. I will give you the gift of speech"

He raises his arms, lights a brass pot full of incense, and then begins chanting while slowly lofting the smoke in Peter's direction.

Peter senses a powerful source of magic well up inside of the priest, and spread out towards him... towards his mind. Its not a type of magic he's seen before, and he doesn't think its control.

The soldiers watch him carefully, seemingly ready to grab him if he struggles.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 07:12 AM   #933
the_matrix_walker

If Peter doesn't feel that the man is being dishonest about what he is casting, he doesn't try to bolt. He wants to see this magic in action.
Old 01-27-2022, 04:54 AM   #934
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The magic flows into Peter's mind, and hangs around his head, then sort of settles in. He can sense a small magical fuzz.

Tuvo Kyridas finishes his chant, and then speaks in his own language. But Peter understands it.

"You have been given the gift of speech. Be grateful to Ink-Thur. You are our prisoner, and will answer questions. But I have more important matters to attend to. Place the cuffs upon him"

A man wearing an ornate coat with buttons that are far too large and too many brings out a pair of shackles connected by an iron chain to place on Peter's wrists.

"What is your name, prisoner? We will process you now"

Assuming he accepts the manacles, Peter is brought into a room, sat on a stool, and asked about where in the united states he is from, asked to point to it on a map, and asked what color the portal he came through was.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 01-27-2022, 05:50 PM   #935
the_matrix_walker

"Wait! Wait! You showed me yours, so I'll show you mine!"

Peter takes over the smoke coming off the insense and tries to pull in this worlds magic into the process and manipulate the smoke with Karana. Instead of forming a creature or a strawberry, he envisions what the portals looked like in his dreams, and pours his sense of shifting in his dreams just before awaking someplace new.

Peter is trying but lacks any confidence that he's going to actually make a portal... He doesn't think it can hurt to try, and if he can get the smoke to circle just-so it might freak them out.

If the guards are sufficiently distracted by the scene (or a portal opens, lol), Peter makes a break for it!
Old 01-28-2022, 05:56 AM   #936
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Rather than being distracted, the gaurds seize Peter by the arms:

(you can dodge if you want, or continue shaping the smoke)

The smoke swirls in a thin disk, and briefly takes on the hue of the portal he saw in the dream, before dissipating

Tuvo Kyridas's eyes go wide. He mutters a few words of the chant upruptly. and puts the incense burner down.

He shoves his face in Peter's, and his pleasant demeanor is gone. "Who is your god! What is your city!"

Old 01-28-2022, 11:23 AM   #937
the_matrix_walker

Peter decides to make a bit of a gambit and play on the Preist's lies and ego.

"You said you spoke with Ink-Thur. Think again on what he actually said. I'm sure if you do, you will know enough to understand this is not how I should be treated! Unhand me!"
Old 01-31-2022, 07:43 AM   #938
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"Hold him!"

"Just how did you handle the breaking?"

Old 01-31-2022, 08:50 AM   #939
the_matrix_walker

"Release me at once! I'm not answering any questions unless I'm shown some respect!"

Peter goes limp, such that if they do not hold him up he falls to the floor. If they don't hold him fast, he'll make a break for it. If they hold him up, he just passively resists.
Old 02-01-2022, 05:34 AM   #940
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The Priest mutters to himself as the guards hold Peter.

After a few seconds, he says "Put him in the ultra-security cell with the earth aristocracy. I don't know what he is, but the high priest will want to speak with him, and he could know valuable information. Even if he's just an american who actually has divine power, that's worth inspecting."

The guards have the strength to place chains on the limp Peter and place him in carrigage drawn by mechanical horses. They lock the doors, and drive deeper into the city*

*assuming, of course, Peter doesn't have another trip up his sleeve.

Tags
lost in dreams